• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K16 |OT| This Time With Less Cheese

Accepted NBA 2K16 will be my digital game to the end of time, pre-ordered the Jordan edition

LEEEEEETTTTTTSSSSS GOOOOOO!!!

Check Live with Playstation yall

Quick

Banned
I'm debating on whether or not to cancel my pre-order, just because I'm still on MGSV and I just got NHL 16.

Damn it, sports games.

Hyped for the early tip off.

Been playing myplayer/career since 10 and I'm excited to get into it once again. Anyone know what player they are going with?

Normally I go with a SG slashing but after hearing about the restrictions of hight which affects ability I may just go for a smaller athletic SF.

CD'S BAR

you can still preorder, i just did tonight. i'm sure you could preorder all the way through thursday.

i wish you could use historic teams online. at least make an online mode where you can use them and it doesn't count towards your ranking or wins/losses/

you can still preorder, i just did tonight. i'm sure you could preorder all the way through thursday.

i wish you could use historic teams online. at least make an online mode where you can use them and it doesn't count towards your ranking or wins/losses/

Thanks!

I usually skip a year and it looks like I skipped a good one to get back into! D'oh. Might have to get this one, hopefully MyPlayer has a voice selection this time around.

AcridMeat

Banned
Hyped for the early tip off.

Been playing myplayer/career since 10 and I'm excited to get into it once again. Anyone know what player they are going with?

Normally I go with a SG slashing but after hearing about the restrictions of hight which affects ability I may just go for a smaller athletic SF.
My go to for most years has been playmaking point guard.

I'll get this game eventually, but I've got MGS5 and FIFA to occupy my time for a good while.

erale

Looking at some of the leaked MyCareer footage I wonder how many customization options we have this year? Looks like the nickname "Freq" isn't changeable after all...

cripterion

What the hell, I started Steam and there was a notification for the preload but there's actually no preload in place?

ViciousDS

Banned
Just a heads up to fellow GCU dudes, BB isn't allowing in store pickup for the Jordan edition anymore

<3 Rad, shes so fine

Regular editions should be fine. That's all I want. I don't need a poster or fat head and I don't play myTeam but man. Mycareer and mygm.....going to be so good this year.

plus where the hell would I put the fathead lol......I can't stand the things.

Dominator

Every year I get my hopes up that the online might work. Its clear they really don't give a fuck about it, but man I just wish it worked. 2k14 was absolutely horrible that it made me skip 15. Might jump back in after a few days after it releases to see if anythings changed.

ViciousDS

Banned
Gallinari's rating is always a joke. When he's healthy he's a top 10 SF for sure.

that's the problem, dude has played 344/574

missing over 200 games doesn't help ratings, especially when last year was his worst since his rookie season.

I mean derrick rose has played 10% more games in terms of overall play.............that's hard to do

Danilo at 60% and Derrick at 70%.........the dudes been out more than rose and has been in the league a full year longer playing due to rose's injury......DG at 344 games and DR at 340.

So expect DG to basically be out in your team for half the year when playing MyGM lol
\

edit: scratch that, Rose's stats don't even show up for that one year. They are exactly the same in terms of play 60%.....holy shit DG is in same the situation as rose.

Scanna

that's the problem dude has played 344/574

missing over 200 games doesn't help ratings, especially when last year was his worst since his rookie season.

I mean derrick rose has played 10% more games in terms of overall play.............that's hard to do

Danilo at 60% and Derrick at 70%.........the dudes been out more than rose and has been in the league a full year longer playing due to rose's injury......DG at 344 games and DR at 340.

So expect DG to basically be out in your team for half the year when playing MyGM lol

I think there's a basic difference. Back from his injuries, clearly Rose lost something. Call it athleticism, confidence or whatever, the injuries diminished his game somehow.
Gallinari didn't. This year he came back and averaged incredible numbers after the all star break and lead Italy in the Eurobasket.
It's just an idea of mine: injuries should not have an impact on the rating, but there's got to be a separate value for them, which will eventually lead the player to injure himself in a season or in MyGM.
If I want to pick up and play a match, an injury prone player has to perform like he's healthy, doesn't he?

ViciousDS

Banned
I think there's a basic difference. Back from his injuries, clearly Rose lost something. Call it athleticism, confidence or whatever, the injuries diminished his game somehow.
Gallinari didn't. This year he came back and averaged incredible numbers after the all star break and lead Italy in the Eurobasket.
It's just an idea of mine: injuries should not have an impact on the rating, but there's got to be a separate value for them, which will eventually lead the player to injure himself in a season or in MyGM.
If I want to pick up and play a match, an injury prone player has to perform like he's healthy, doesn't he?

next year lol

two new stats. Injury effect and injury comeback. Basically a stat that would weigh how bad a long term injury has an effect on the player and comeback being what percentage they come back. Perhaps better....or like Rose completely changed. Maybe even have the injury change their playstyle.

correct: exhibitions are all at 100%....but if that were the case wouldn't kobe Bryant be rated much higher as well. It's hard choosing everyone's ratings.

Shari

Any info on PC version compared to consoles? What about online modes?

I want to get this, I just fear PC is going to get a crappy downgraded version somehow.

Scanna

next year lol

two new stats. Injury effect and injury comeback. Basically a stat that would weigh how bad a long term injury has an effect on the player and comeback being what percentage they come back. Perhaps better....or like Rose completely changed. Maybe even have the injury change their playstyle.

correct: exhibitions are all at 100%....but if that were the case wouldn't kobe Bryant be rated much higher as well. It's hard choosing everyone's ratings.

Yeah, I know. It just popped into my mind.
I think with Kobe it's the age thing.

Pachimari

Those of you who know about this franchise, would you recommend me getting it, if I have nobody local to play against? And seeing that the online stuff never seems to be up to snuff, I'll probably hang out in single player. While doing that, I would also start watching basketball games.

I always liked LA Lakers as a kid but I would like to give every team a fair chance.

lol the 07 Cavs are in this?

I'm a huge Cavs fan, but yeah, if it weren't for LeBron going Super Saiyan against those Pistons, they're not in that Finals. While I love Big Z, but that was a pretty weak team.

Shari

Those of you who know about this franchise, would you recommend me getting it, if I have nobody local to play against? And seeing that the online stuff never seems to be up to snuff, I'll probably hang out in single player. While doing that, I would also start watching basketball games.

I always liked LA Lakers as a kid but I would like to give every team a fair chance.

Get it. It'll ease your transition away from soccer where you getting rekt for the last 15 years.

Top Bottom