• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

lol damn, that sucks. I know I missed connecting with more than a couple DGAF'ers, bums me out. There are sooooo many adds in that last room, it's really insane. Very cool challenge but sucks that it was such a short time thing. I assume the Spindle Attack will be nerfed to 290 next time that shows up as a Daily.

I know, sad times knowing I could of had it at 310 but it wasn't meant to be.

Next time I will be sure to shoot you a message to see if your free to join.

Omni

Is there anywhere I can buy a digital key for Destiny/TTK? Say if I wanted to gift it but a physical copy is more hassle than it's worth.

not playing until lost to light is the daily again. Hard to face the fact that I'm so bad at this game. It's the only explanation that makes sense.

I realized after giving up my Spindle Spot for a better player that I am just super unfocused when it comes to DPS. I'm all over the place, wasting shots, not connecting enough. I really need to step up my thumbskill for when the next LtL daily comes around.

Yeah I ended up doing maybe 15 Spindle runs with folks who needed it, we never failed so that was pretty legit. Very fun secret they added, the hype was so real. Feel bad that some people still missed out though.

We also did 1 full raid but my Warlock is now raid-ready so I'd be up for another one sometime. Also have 7-8 Tier 1s and 3 Tier 3 runes.

True. Unstable didn't believe me when I told him about it, 30 mins later we had 3x black spindles :)

No ship though :/

Hoping there are more secrets like this one. The VoG mission is prime candidate for one.

Waldini

I had a TERRIBLE nightmare last night. I dreamed that there was an exotic version of the black hammer, and to get it you had to do this timed part of the daily that was hard as shit. Everyone else was getting it, but I tried for like 6 hours and couldn't get it done.

It seemed so REAL. Glad that didn't actually happen or I'd probably quit playing Destinu for awhile!

Fuck me

i-know-that-feel.jpg

Who needs a nerfed Black Hammer 2.0 with a nerfed White-Nail perk, 3 rounds and all that shit anyway?

God I wish I had one :(

Deku Tree

I need to do the last 300 light exotic sword strike quest. I have a solar sword. Anyone looking to do that? Room for two.

PS4 DekuBleep

Tovarisc

Wait a second, has Ghost always done random barrel rolls when you get him out on your palm? I was just going to orbit from the tower and Ghost made barrel roll :D

Edit: Well just rolled, but still

Namikaze1

From my raid run with Drizzay, Vaal, Sentinel, ZW and his brother, Ninja, several hours ago:

D
aughters of Oryx
http://youtu.be/C2CaxKLsFuM

Can't believe we managed to do it in just two relic runs.

Also, had to cut off the first 3 minutes as we spent them explaining the encounter to Ninja.

LiK

The gun at 290 is no less appealing than at 310. Attack value is something you can get later anyways via infusion. If it had been 290 to begin with, you would have seen the same amount of people trying to get it yesterday. 18 sustained crits with no reload interruption from the highest impact sniper in the game = #1 DPS tool.

when it comes back in a week it'll absolutely still be worth going after for anyone who couldn't yesterday due to time or level or bad luck with groups.

still a bummer they're nerfing something that only drops in a daily and is from a pretty difficult activity. I think players who got one should keep the full attack value.

LTWood12

I still have one last NF to do if you're looking for it. What time are you getting online?

Wait, you didn't get one? ;_; Are you actually not playing or did you still want to raid tonight?

lol damn, that sucks. I know I missed connecting with more than a couple DGAF'ers, bums me out. There are sooooo many adds in that last room, it's really insane. Very cool challenge but sucks that it was such a short time thing. I assume the Spindle Attack will be nerfed to 290 next time that shows up as a Daily.

Raid loot should make it up tonight. Don't let the darkness consume you.

I meant to Kappa that. Guardians make their own fate! Raid is still a go. I need it to get this elephant off my back.

And no, I actually didn't get it. No one to blame but myself. Had the boss dead with 99 seconds the next to last run and still couldn't do it.

MrDaravon

I had a TERRIBLE nightmare last night. I dreamed that there was an exotic version of the black hammer, and to get it you had to do this timed part of the daily that was hard as shit. Everyone else was getting it, but I tried for like 6 hours and couldn't get it done.

It seemed so REAL. Glad that didn't actually happen or I'd probably quit playing Destinu for awhile!

Fuck me

I know that feel bro :(. That's about how long I spent. And now I don't have it but almost everyone I play with does and now I'm lagging behind everyone in Raids. It really fucking sucks.

E92 M3

The gun at 290 is no less appealing than at 310. Attack value is something you can get later anyways via infusion. If it had been 290 to begin with, you would have seen the same amount of people trying to get it yesterday. 18 sustained crits with no reload interruption from the highest impact sniper in the game = #1 DPS tool.

when it comes back in a week it'll absolutely still be worth going after for anyone who couldn't yesterday due to time or level or bad luck with groups.

People put too much stock into light level and are still stuck on the old system. If the heroic raid is at 310, even someone at 300 can beat it. It seems like Bungie is going for difficult scenarios and less just dumb bullet sponges.

my 285 rare boots and 280 ghost are the only things holding me back from getting 300 light

You need that raid ghost - it's such a cool skin!

k1t4j

has anyone done the exotic sword strike?

How hard is it, my warlock is only 296 and I have the void sword. Would it be doable at that level or do I really need to raid first to get to 300 and then try this.

Infusing my 310 Spindle into my shotgun tomorrow.

Still think it's incredibly lame of Bungie that they're retroactively nerfing it. Making people play their way.

No idea how many gaf people were involved in that tier 3 coo just then but thanks for the invite. Awesome to get that quest knocked off. Now to finish off these heroics and do the nightfall for that sweet 300 weapon.

Lnkn with the awesome Grimoire cards, as usual!

You should put them all together somewhere in some kind of GAF Grimoire archive (which could possibly added to the OP), don't let your previous awesome work be forgotten/go unnoticed!

Also, I was so wrong about glitched fragments for the Touch of Malice. Turns out the destinyghosthunter site had its fragments in the wrong order, it had nothing to do with picking up fragments before the Eris quest.
Sorry if I scared anyone, I was legit scared myself!

Can't wait to do this week's Gunsmith bounties to pick up an Ace of Spades, so many new exotics to play around with!

Edit:
Also so glad I got the ship from the Spindle mission yesterday, it looks friggin' awesome! And it glows when you're in orbit!

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Didn't even try get a spindle last night

Don't even care

yolo

So:

Infuse random special weapon with Black Spindle, get to 307-308ish.

Spindle gets nerfed

Buy new 290 Spindle

Infuse it with some PoS 297 sidearm I have lying around (get to 295ish)

Infuse 295 Spindle with 308 random special weapon.

305-306ish Spindle

Viable?

noomi

Has this been posted?

First gameplay of the new Titan exotic chest Twilight Garrison and its signature "Evade" ability.

It looks amazing!

https://vid.me/UQJO

Oh wow, how did someone get this, I thought exotic engrams weren't dropping the chest piece...

Also I should mention that I REALLY like the titan helmet that lets you float in the air for a few seconds while aiming your weapon.

LiK

280 good enough to get carried in the Raid? can I just join a group of guys I played with to get it done? I wanna get some Raid gear.

ocean

Banned
280 good enough to get carried in the Raid? can I just join a group of guys I played with to get it done? I wanna get some Raid gear.
You can easily hold your own at that level for the first few encounters. The second boss might be a stretch but definitely not impossible with a good group :)

GlamFM

Banned
So:

Infuse random special weapon with Black Spindle, get to 307-308ish.

Spindle gets nerfed

Buy new 290 Spindle

Infuse it with some PoS 297 sidearm I have lying around (get to 295ish)

Infuse 295 Spindle with 308 random special weapon.

305-306ish Spindle

Viable?

Risky, apparently ALL BS are being set back to 290. I´d infuse everything else though.

If you get the raid gloves they have a reload perk when
you're inside an aura
. So unless you can constantly hit crits you're probably better with the 1000yd. Mine has casket mag so 5 in the mag

Just remembered those

Oh nice! Yea and I like being certain my items won't change light. Progress in the 290+ is the slowest so jumping 293 down to 291 would make me feel bad. Plus, room for exotic primary :D

Hedge

I'm 291 sunsinger. Is it high enough to join the first boss for the raid? I hope to try it this weekend for a chance at some 300 gear.

Wow, I'm at 297 with Raid gloves, what's the best way to get gear that is higher level? Strike playlist or Court of Oryx or luck? My ghost is still 287.

I've done a mixture of both.

My Ghost is 298 which was infused with one that dropped from helping random guardians with their runes at the CoO.
Maybe try that out?

LiK

You can easily hold your own at that level for the first few encounters. The second boss might be a stretch but definitely not impossible with a good group :)

yea, I wanna join a group with experience and see the Raid to the end. there's a family gathering this weekend and I do not have time for any raids this weekend.

LTWood12

Wait wait wait wait. So you're telling me Bungie is actually going to go into people's inventories and lower the attack value on the Spindle?! That's some seriously sadistic bullshit.

E92 M3

has anyone done the exotic sword strike?

How hard is it, my warlock is only 296 and I have the void sword. Would it be doable at that level or do I really need to raid first to get to 300 and then try this.

Sure would. The difference between 296 and 300 is relatively insignificant.

Has this been posted?

First gameplay of the new Titan exotic chest Twilight Garrison and its signature "Evade" ability.

It looks amazing!

https://vid.me/UQJO

It warms my heart to see that the Cosmodrome is always the testing ground for new weapons and armor.

Humbling to be on that DGAF honor roll, and hilariously awesome that I'm forever on the same row as that noomi picture. Too funny.

Deku Tree

Wait wait wait wait. So you're telling me Bungie is actually going to go into people's inventories and lower the attack value on the Spindle?! That's some seriously sadistic bullshit.

Yep. Pretty sure every spindle in inventory is going down to 290. And kiosk is going down to 280.

Top Bottom