• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The PS TV can now run every single app/game without restriction (via simple hack)

Rich!

I love all the people tacitly supporting piracy on the Vita. Yes it is a failed system but that doesn't mean people don't still make money on it. And I enjoy the few games it is still getting.

Can we please have a homebrew thread without bloody piracy talk shitting it up for once?

This exploit as it is now has absolutely nothing to do with piracy and the full exploit will not allow it either.

Vita mode backups are not happening.

There's a joke here for the taking guys.
I'm not touching it though.

Ya let's ignore tgs and the rest of the niche developers that have games in the works for the system, the only thing that fucking matters is AAA amirite? But please, continue to derail the thread with the Vita shitposting, we clearly don't get enough of it.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
OK, so far I still can't run:

Castlevania X Chronicles
Terraria
PS Mobile games

Lets say I do this patch, then Sony releases PS Tv FW update to block it and I dont update my PS Tv, could I still use PS4 remote play???

pizzacat

Banned
Thunderbird? lol is there a more detailed step by step guide?

Also do you have to do this every time you want to start a game

Also lol, piracy is what vita needs but don't call this something it's not

Wereroku

Can we please have a homebrew thread without bloody piracy talk shitting it up for once?

This exploit as it is now has absolutely nothing to do with piracy and the full exploit will not allow it either.

Was just responding to folks justifying piracy on a dead system.

Lets say I do this patch, then Sony releases PS Tv FW update to block it and I dont update my PS Tv, could I still use PS4 remote play???
Maybe. Remote play usually only takes a one time online registration however they can probably reset that if they wanted to.

Tik-Tok

I'm surprised that you are surprised by NeoGAF White Knight syndrome.

Dsyndrome

Since when has Castlevania X Chronicles not worked on US Vita? I've got it open right now. Was this one that had to be transferred over from PS3 and I just don't remember?

Omikaru

What are the rear touch screen controls that make it unplayable?

Leaning/peeking around corners in MGS2, as far as I can remember. In MGS3 it's used for CQC actions like slitting throats and so on. So yes, you can probably play the games without those, but I think that's a good enough reason to not make them playable by default on PSTV.

MUnited83

For you.
I fear by the time I get home to do this it will be patched out. I want to play Hot Shots Golf vita on the tv.

**Hifives**

As long as you are in 3.52 and don't have auto-updates selected, you will be fine.

edit: Unless emal app can only be used while having the last update, not sure if that's a thing.

This doesn't seem to be working for me on my PSTV. The guide says it should show up as a camera icon, but it's an icon with question mark when trying to send writer.eml. What am I doing wrong?

Hugstable

Banned
I hope The can make Metal Gear collection work with the L2 and R2 on the ds3 or ds4 to make the vita meTal gear game playable.

Edit: actually nvm Konami prob don't care lol

8bit

Knows the Score
Is it a one time patch or do I need to update the whitelist every time the PS TV is switched on?

HUELEN10

Seriously guys, what do: the system is 27 used, but the lego bundle is 80, yet a damned 16 gig card is fucking 40 dollars!

I mean, shit, what should I do?

Hindl

Fuck yeah! Although would this mean remote play is a no go if they decide to patch it out? Since you'd have to connect to the internet?

Tik-Tok

Please explain to me what Neogaf White Knight syndrome is? Someone said they hope this doesn't lead to piracy and someone else responded with so what its a dead system.

Someone? The thread almost got derailed by piracy talk and this has nothing to do with piracy. People are so eager to prove they're the good guys that rational thought goes out the window

BadHand

Seriously guys, what do: the system is 27 used, but the lego bundle is 80, yet a damned 16 gig card is fucking 40 dollars!

I mean, shit, what should I do?

I picked up the bundle for $49.99 Canadian several weeks ago, so shop around and i'm sure you'll find a really attractive price. It's been dropping everywhere.

Listonosh

Thunderbird? lol is there a more detailed step by step guide?

Also do you have to do this every time you want to start a game

Also lol, piracy is what vita needs but don't call this something it's not

The instructions make no sense to me

Glad I'm not the only one. I'm surprised it took until the fourth page for people to start questioning that horrible step process. Can someone please outline in a more easier to understand bullet list?

Audioboxer

This doesn't seem to be working for me on my PSTV. The guide says it should show up as a camera icon, but it's an icon with question mark when trying to send writer.eml. What am I doing wrong?

Did you send the email via thunderbird? Seems you need to use that app.

Oh my god.

If I can play Dragon Quest Builders on this next year... Holy shit.

Time to finally open that bundled PSTV I bought last month.

Got excited about this, then remembered that memory card prices are stupid, so I go and check Gamestop and the 64GB card preowned is $130.

WHY.

edit: $87 on Amazon, still way too much.

nakedeyes

Banned
I don´t understand these posts.

Will your experience suffer if anybode else uses piracy ?
The entire industry suffers, so.. Yes. Other people's piracy indirectly affects ( but definetly affects ) everyone's enjoyment of games. It's not hard to understand.

Rich!

The entire industry suffers, so.. Yes. Other people's piracy indirectly affects ( but definetly affects ) everyone's enjoyment of games. It's not hard to understand.

This thread is being derailed by it.

I'm gonna make it clear:

THIS HACK HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH VITA PIRACY AT ALL AND DOES NOT ENABLE IT.

I'm close to just deleting my entire OP and saying fuck it. Wish a mod would step in and put an end to this. It literally shits up every single homebrew thread I've been involved in.

Top Bottom