• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vin Diesel says Fast & Furious will end with "one last trilogy"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blader

From his Facebook:

The fans of the Fast & Furious SAGA are the best fans in the world... Since I became the Producer in 2008, you have been with me every step of the way... literally giving me feedback that proved invaluable. Thank you.
My producing partner Neal would love for me to just sign off on a director, but this is too special a franchise, so these matters have to be very carefully handled. To be clear, NO ONE has been offered to helm Fast 8 yet... let alone seen a script.
Universal has been so good to me and so trusting of the vision... they have been like family... I promised the studio I would deliver one last Trilogy to end the saga.
I will announce the directors on my next post...

Of course, Universal could just reboot the series without Diesel after number 10...

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Universal living three movies at a time.

Furious 7 was hilariously terrible. First movie to make me feel old and completely disconnected with what's popular. It felt like the movie was written by a committee of 12 years olds high on sugar. You could really feel that the movie had this weird flow to it due to the death of Paul Walker. Each segment felt unrelated to each other, almost.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Had no idea that he was a producer on these, must be rolling in the dough

Bloodrage

Banned
Furious 7 was garbage. The only hope these movies have now is a reboot about actual racing again, probably with a different cast, since the current cast even looks bored now.

But... I thought they him and Paul Walker rode of into the sunset and that was it?

Paul was family. He would understand the need to ride more time. If you don't get then perhaps a CGI recreation of Paul telling Vin in a flashback in an unseen part of Fast 5 would better explain that need.

DopeToast

Banned
I'm usually cynical with series that go on this long, because I know that Universal is just doing it because they movies gross like crazy. However, I'm enjoying them so much and the last three have been fantastic, so I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt until one comes out that sucks.

jmood88

Fast Five is still the only movie in the series that I enjoyed (Tokyo Drift was cool but I had no desire to watch it again after I saw it).

last one was one last ride.

now theres one last three movies.

god i hope they do something so dumb with them, bring back fucking han or something, mix the timeline up to be pre fast and furious 1 and they are stealing beta and vhs tapes not knowing whats going to win, oh god just please get dumber and crazier.

FUCK IT, FAST TEN HAS PODRACING.

DO IT.

Beefy

Well the next one is rumoured to be against the Shaw brothers.

I don't mind as long as they are as good as the last two.

J. Bravo

Fuck yes. Favorite movie series of all time. Although I think it should probably be 7 8 9. Unless they make 10 like a giant combination of all the craziest shit that's been done in the previous movies.

Dishwalla

Banned
Well they kind of made it obvious that Deckard Shaw is going to get out of his prison cell somehow, probably him and his brother will team up to try and take out Dom when the brother gets out of the hospital. That should cover at least one more movie.

Wagram

I enjoyed Fast Five and Six, but they're becoming more and more unrealistic with each entry to the point where I think seven is a bad film. Plot holes abound with utterly ridiculous stunts. Money speaks though and consumers want more.

I want them to keep making these until Brian's kid is old enough to drive then boom new cast new trilogy Brian's kid has a kid rinse repeat until the heat death of the universe.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
One last trilogy? lol. Don't think I ever heard anyone say that before. Well maybe Peter Jackson on the Hobbit movies. Okay well... okay.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
So this means that we get atleast 2 more Pitch Black movies right? I thought they were a package deal along with the FF movies.

graffix13

Furious 7 was garbage.

Yeah I watched this a few weeks ago and I failed to see what all the hype was about. Everyone was raving about it this summer and I don't get it? I don't think I'd call it garbage but it definitely wasn't....good.

I've seen them all and honestly the one entertaining one was the first one IMO. The rest range from terrible (FF 2) to ok.

strafer

who thought a little movie called fast and the furious would turn out to be such a cash magnet.

e2fbd7ffe7e167971db87427c671ec0b01253e7e.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom