• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

9 years in...how much DLC have you actually bought?

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Mariokart 8 - all dlc
Borderlands - General Knoxx
CoD Ghosts - Two map packs
Batman AC - Skins pack
DMC - Some skins pack that was cheap
CoD Blops - First map pack

I think that's everything that I actually bought seperately from the main game.

.la1n

Pretty minimal to be honest. Just waited for cheap game of the year editions. I did go overboard with MK X but I don't regret it. I'm mostly guilty of having way too much digital content in general.

Sanctuary

I've only ever puchased the DLC for the three Mass Effect games, as well as Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2. Oh, and like a total of three costume packs for SF4.

Kenpa64

Dark Souls 2 DLCs, Mario Kart 8 both of them, Left behind for The Last of Us. And I think that's all.
Not much actually. (A lot of amiibo tho)

I'm really tempted for Smash DLCs but not for now.

Random17

Anything that came with the package. I think there are only one or two instances where I bought DLC after the main game purchase.

Driveclub Season Pass and a couple of Rock Band tracks and that's it so far, i'll probably buy the Bloodborne one and The Witcher expansions.

cyba89

Creepy...

Yeah right?

From the top of my head:
A lot of Guitar Hero songs
Mario Kart 8 DLC 1&2
Ace Attorney Dual Destinies case
Smash Bros stages and characters
Driveclub Season Pass
Trials Fusion season pass + awesome level max
Trials Evolution DLC
RDR Undead Nightmare
New Super Luigi U
Alan Wake
Burnout Paradise
LA Noire
Mirrors Edge
+ 562 DLCs on steam (but by far the biggest chunk there probably from complete collections/indie bundles/sales)

Upcoming I'll buy are Binding Of Isaac Afterbrith and the Bloodborne DLC

The extra levels for Valkyria Chronicles, the extra Bioshock challenge levels, a couple of Dragon Age Origins expansions from when the series was great.

The inFamous Festival of Blood standalone DLC, if that's really DLC.

CMDBob

I've bought a fair bit in my time. Not too much, and only for games I really like anyway, games like XCOM, Fallout 3/NV, Skyrim, Civ5, Battlefield (got premium for both games, heh).

I do have one confession though, I actually bought the FO3 DLC on DVD. Yeah. Physical disks for the Fallout 3 DLC. Got em dirt cheap though, which was good.

xrnzaaas

Less than 10 DLC's last gen, maybe a dozen or so this gen (on PS4). My purchases are mostly season passes (Driveclub, Evil Within, Resogun) or larger expansions like Valley of the Yetis for FC4. I've only bought a couple of small DLC's like new cars&tracks for Project CARS.

bomblord1

Banned
The only paid DLC that wasn't packaged in with the game that I can ever remember buying is the Halo 3 map packs.

That's it.

Not that much now that I think about it. Sure I bought a considerable amount of DLC for specific games but overall I just ignore most of it.

Shahed

If I ignore the DLC I bought for games I got via PS+ or GwG and GoTY Editions, then not very much at all. In fact off the top of my head I can only think of Selvaria's Blue Flame for Valkyria Chronicles. That's it.

But I typically don't buy DLC. Not against some principle or something though. I'll only buy DLC if it's a game I really like and I'm currently playing it. If the DLC isn't ready when I've finished the game, I'll have moved on no matter how good. Take Bloodborne and Witcher this year. Awesome games. But I've finished and sold them now.so not interested.in the DLC. When playing the 'free' games I've gotten from stuff like PS+ I'm more inclined to buy DLC as a way of offering something if I enjoy the game. I bought the Borderlands DLC Pack when the base game was free, and done similar things for a few others.

So yeah I rarely buy DLC. Typically I either feel it's not worth it if the base game wasn't good enough, or I've long since moved on and lost interest in the game by the time it comes out. It's why I also don't bother to check the content of a Season Pass because I know it's a waste of time.

Duster

InFamous: Festival of Blood - I don't count it as DLC as it's a standalone product but I'm sure many would disagree with that classification.

Nintendo tricked me into buying some overpriced level packs for NSMB2 to get what I thought I was paying for in the main game.

Everything else was via GotY/Prepare to Die editions or included in PS+.

WeTeHa

Quite a bit, actually, but only SP addons (Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Mario Kart, etc).
I think the only MP DLC I bought was the Fat Princess ninja/pirate addon.

Not sure if stuff like GTA4 episodes, Infamous: Festival of Blood/First light, Freedom Cry, Blood Dragon counts as they are stand alone (and a lot of them have disc versions, which I bought).

JNT

Even though there is quite a bit of good DLC out there I almost never get around to buying any. Once I've completed a game it gets filed away. That said, I'm looking forward to the Bloodborne DLC.

redcrayon

I wait and buy the GOTY editions of RPGs these days to get the inevitably mixed bag of expansions, if that counts.

Otherwise I bought the Mario Kart 8 one. And some extra missions for Damascus Gear on the Vita for £1.70, so a total spend of a tenner, but the Mario Kart one did seem like crazy good value. Often DLC is poorly priced compared to the content in the main game, if a game is £40 I don't see how a mission pack comprising about 1/20th of it's content manages to be a quarter of it's price or more.

When games have free DLC for the first month or so (Etrian Mystery Dungeon had this for it's EU release, and Monster Hunter 4 has monthly free content) I'll download them, otherwise I usually don't bother.

VLiberty

Velocity 2X DLC 2,50€
Stealth inc DLC 3€
Motorstorm RC DLC 4€
Wipeout 2048 DLC (do this count? It's basically Wipeout HD Fury for PS3 which unlocks the same content as DLC on the Vita game; but since I had HD Fury on disc, I had to buy it again just to have it as a DLC on Vita)
btw, 12€

Around 20€ total

Breads

Banned
DLC that extends the single player experience yes. Usually as season pass discounts. That or I buy the base games and family, with whom I share accounts with, pay for DLC.

Weapons and skins no. If they are a preorder or season pass bonuses that's just incidental, not intentional.

FIrst DLCs I bought were Motorstorm week end addons.
Then... Shogun 2, all DLCs...
Some Mass Efect 3 boosters...
Motorstorm pacific rift week ends...
Some LBP 1 costumes
DriveClub and Borderlands 2 DLCs...
Destiny expansions...
Witcher 3 expansions...

There got to be more... That seems so few...

Just the Warhawk expansions, a Dark Souls 2 expansion, something for MGO... that might be it. I don't have anything against DLC philosophically, I just never feel like jumping back into a game after I've moved on. I couldn't even get back into a Dark Souls 2 groove, didn't get more than 20 minutes into it. Only the Warhawk maps got any real play from me.

Mathieran

Banned
So far I got Mario Kart 8, The Witcher 3 season pass, and Arkham Knight season pass. I'm excited about TW3, MK8 was good, and AK so far has been wasted money pretty much. I got too hyped and sucked into preorder discount, should have waited for it to come out.

If you exclude GOTY/All DLC Included editions of games (i.e. Destiny: The Taken King Legendary edition or Diablo 3: UEE), not much to be honest. Last piece of big DLC I bought was FFXIV: Heavenwards, but for MMO I have a different standard since it is expected that they have DLC/expansions.

Before that the last DLC I really bought was map packs for the original CoD: Black Ops. I don't have a stance against DLC, I'm just one who prefers to wait till a all dlc included edition comes out.

SaucyJack

A fair bit, albeit mostly on sale. Mostly substantial stuff though.

I'm a sucker for season passes on sale.

Loads of Singstar and Rock Band songs
GTA IV TBOGT and L&D
Mass Effect 2 and 3
Borderlands 1 and 2
Bio shock and Bioshock 2
Mafia II
Shadow of Mordor
Saints Row III
Fallout 3 and New Vegas
Skyrim
AC III and Black Flag
Batman Arkham City
Battlefield 4
Driveclub

Only real regret was the Black Flag season pass which was poor value, should have just picked up the standalone Freedom Cry

GTA 4 both expansions
cod mappacks untill ghost
minna no golf course dlc
pixeljunk eden encore

I think that's all.

Bloodborne dlc will be next.

Prismo

Neo Member
excluding GOTY.

Mass Effect 1 +2 (excluding the bullshit item packs)
Call of Duty 4
Skyrim
Pillars of Eternity

EhoaVash

I got the Mario kart 8 dlc both packs and the super smash bros 4 ryu dlc and stage

I plan on getting more smash 4 characters and also the bloodborne dlc when it comes out .

..that's it lol

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I don't think I have actually ever bought individual DLC's. Usually I just end up buying the GOTY/Complete/EE version which has all the DLC in it and for much cheaper.

I will be buying both Witcher 3 expansions though and maybe Fallout 4 DLC's.

sector4

I didn't touch it last gen except for Castlevania Lords of Shadow which was thoroughly disappointing...

Oh and Left Behind which kind of sold me that DLC could be done right.

This gen I've come around to it a bit and mostly picked up the ones that have gotten physical releases

inFamous First Light
Wolfenstein The Old Blood
The Witcher 3 Hearts of Stone

As well as a few others like Outlast: Whistleblower, AC IV Freedom Cry and Mario Kart.

I'm fully down for the Bloodborne DLC too. As long as it's done right, I'm all good with DLC / expansions.

Top Bottom