• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 Course Creator Releasing Tomorrow, first details

desu

Wax Free Vanilla are you OK?

Post if you're OK.

2784692-54546-cheers-toast-gif-olqt.gif

Thank god! Wax Free Vanilla will finally stop talking about it.

Was he complaining about that in the GT threads as well!?

Gestault

I can't comprehend why people would be annoyed by this being released for GT6, barring it somehow being impossible to also implement in GT7. The longer a dev/publisher combo is willing to make substantial support and updates to its games, the better. Racing games have had a lot of love in this area this gen.

Yiazmat

Jordan from GTPlanet:

On the Apple side of things, I can confirm the app will only be available on iPads. For Android, I'm not so sure, as the line between phones, phablets, and tablets is a bit more blurry, but I would expect similar limitations.
fucking lol

Gestault

Wait, that seems like a pretty narrow set of devices on the Apple side. I'm surprised there isn't a web-app for desktops.

Wow I remember reading about this before the game even came out.

I remember reading (or maybe it was wishful thinking from someone on here) about using your location data on your phone to be able to make a track but that doesn't look like it made it in.

I'm amazed they are actually putting it in after all this time

paskowitz

Jordan from GTPlanet:

fucking lol

Gran Turismo... just when you think you're back in... they push you back out.

Sure we can use an Android emulator but that is kind of ridiculous. Seems to me PD started making this feature before larger smartphones became the norm (and tablets started to fade in popularity).

Looks like this will integrate well with the PS4 architecture. Probably was smart to go this route. I can imagine copy and paste tracks right into GT7.

Drippy

I still haven't played my copy, but it's wonderful that they support this game after 1,5 years from release.

However, I'm afraid that this whole install and update process must takes a lot of time nowadays after so many patches.

Bandit1

People play GT6?

tumblr_ntgbl6epU91twsy5jo1_500.gif

I'm pumped for this! I fire up the game at least a couple times a month, and had almost given up on this feature, and then it comes out of nowhere. I will be spending a lot more time with this game soon, can't wait to try this out, really want to see the Death Valley environment.

Gestault

Fucking remaster this game for ps4 already Sony!

I would buy this in an instant. I definitely criticized how GT5 Prologue was sold in stores in the US, but an HD'er release of GT6 on PS4 would still hold up beautifully in the sim market. So many people who would have appreciated the changes from GT5 didn't even jump in on 6 near its release (based on launch window sales figures), so I would imagine there are plenty of others.

DavidDesu

I know this might sound overly ambitious, but IF GT7 supports VR, and it really could and should, then imagine stepping IN TO the gameworld and sculpting the track just by pointing a Move controller and manipulating it.

You could have really detailed track modelling, by hand in real time. I know this might be a feature in GT10 in 2053, but its worth a thought! You never know!

A remaster would be kind of pointless when GT7 is being made wouldn't it?

Depends on when GT7 is being planned to be released. If the two releases would be at least a year apart, it's justified. Though my original statement was more along the line of thought that GT6 should have already been remastered.

BeeDog

What a pleasant surprise, even if it's long overdue. Though I have little faith in it working well, mainly due to the PS3's heavy memory limitations. Would love to be proven wrong though.

Top Bottom