• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hands on the dashboard. PS4 30fps

FranXico

MGSV is a pretty good example of a game running at 60fps on console.

If you look carefully enough, you'll notice the graphical compromises made to reach the target, but normally they won't be noticeable. Especially on a drunk Thursday.

Jito

Banned
As much as I love GAF....

Sometimes I turn on my PS4 when the wife is out and kids asleep and play a game.

Like I did in in the 80's.

Good old fashioned fun.

30 fps is gank and you know it is. Cheapskates.

Well wouldn't that make you a cheapskate as well for buying one and playing on it?

If it's so bad buy a decent PC and play on that instead.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
The Order felt really good for a 30fps game, think it had some thing going on because it felt smooooth. You're also right about having having a consistent 33.33ms, it goes a long way.
The technical director said there was a zero frame delay on character response, which must have taken a lot of work for simulation and animation. Most games have a delay of a few frames in order to make sure animations, physics, etc responds and animates properly. I think ND's games usually have about 3 frames delay IIRC.

Note, zero frame delay is NOT the same as 0ms as some people have said. It just mean the game doesn't wait once input is recieved.

REWIND AND ROLL YOU NECKS IN

is it OK to ask for manufactures to make something to last 4years technology time to cost £300 day one.

NO

OR YES

If you want less.

Sometimes I turn on my PS4 when the wife is out and kids asleep and play a game.

Good old fashioned fun.

You're a cheapskate.

OP how many fingers am I holding up

15714153-Open-hand-give-me-five-Stock-Photo.jpg

Oppo

Good old fashioned fun.

and all you got in return was 4x as many pixels, progressive instead of interlaced, with a preposterous poly count, lighting model and shader upgrade

I don't really think this needed a thread...we all know 30 FPS isn't the ideal frame rate. However what we have gotten from the PS4 has been impressive considering what we expected after the first year.

autoduelist

Some games will always be 30fps. It has nothing to do with the max power of a machine, it's that the devs will always choose to use the power it takes to up from 30 to 60fps for other things (graphics, draw distance, enemies on screen, explosions, fire, sand/water physics, etc).

DrunkDan

REWIND AND ROLL YOU NECKS IN

is it OK to ask for manufactures to make something to last 4years technology time to cost £300 day one.

NO

OR YES

If you want less.

I don't find it to be poor value, in terms of price paid and how much use it gets I consider it decent value. If I use it each day (or thereabouts) for 4 years it would cost me about 27 pence per day.

Do you have an iPhone or something similar? Do you find those okay despite having tech that is outdated within a year or so and having a price of 400+?

Huh.

I'm completely enjoying my 60fps games like Forza 6, MGS V, Warframe and others, while also enjoying my 30fps games like DriveClub and Horizon and Destiny and GTA V and Bloodborne and plenty of others. Its a mix.

Wait, whats the problem again?

OP how many fingers am I holding up

Afterwards, she flipped me over and started massaging my chest. After a while she was rubbjng my legs and her hands would go all the way in to my inner thighs and just short of my balls. After a while she grabbed my hand and put it on the side of my pubic area. She then tapped my semi-hard dick. At this point I was like "aw shit" so I uncovered it and guided her hand to my raging boner.

You're a cheapskate.

Ageed. I bought the best console on the market. then wrote a post on GAF moaning that gamers are miserly gits who hammer manufacturers cos we only want to spend tuppence a year to play games.

Agreed PC is where performance lies.... But mass market appeal lies with the console market.

Hence my question

Pokemaniac

If 60fps was really down to the hardware, then there wouldn't be so many 60fps games on Wii U. If you want to blame anyone, blame the developers and publishers who decided that 60fps wasn't a priority.

Tell me more about the 60fps games from the 80s

Most console games were actually 60fps back then thanks to quirks of the graphics hardware of the era.

chekhonte

Hi folks. Am booting up the PS4 after a month or 3 off line and..... Honestly 30fps is gank.

Love bloodborne and on NG+2 but after months off games and streaming TV with the better half.... 30fps is pants.

Totally adore the fact that consoles are sub £300 but HONESTLY. With such a low price bracket.... Were lucky to play such great titles at 30fps. Just.

But it's crap. Uncharted 4 30 fps confirmed. Don't give me life cycle improvement crap. Devs are pushing to the max.

It's a sad lament when tech exists which can demolish our expectations but will cost £100 more over 5 years yet we clamour for sub £300 pound consoles cos fuck you the man.

Makes me wonder over the steam machine... Yet more tosh or a shining beacon....

Oh well back to NG+2 and with luck the better half will have another wine.

X

Comments welcome....

Would the public destroy a PC console?

Would you buy one if supported by devs?

What you want is a PC.

MGSV is a pretty good example of a game running at 60fps on console.

If you look carefully enough, you'll notice the graphical compromises made to reach the target, but normally they won't be noticeable. Especially on a drunk Thursday.
You don't need to look that closely. The game doesn't look good at all.

Troy

Banned
If Destiny was on PC at 60 FPS I'd abandon consoles altogether. Especially given that this gen has proven to be so unimpressive to me.

So let me get this right, played Bloodborne and got to NG+2. Now thats a pretty big amount of time playing the game, so clearly 30fps didn't bother you that much, just saying.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Ummmm what? What was the purpose of this thread OP?

So let me get this right, played Bloodborne and got to NG+2. Now thats a pretty big amount of time playing the game, so clearly 30fps didn't bother you that much, just saying.

It makes perfect sense. He wasn't bothered by it until his rising blood alcohol level made the 30 fps more apparent.

Facism

Clearly intoxicated. Turn yourself in to your nearest sector house for mandatory rehab.

I'll know if you don't.

;)

Something happened to me last Thursday when I was driving home.
I had a couple of miles to go -- I looked up and saw a glowing orange object in the sky, to the east! It was moving very irregularly...
Suddenly, there was intense light all around me -- and when I came to, I was home.
What do you think happened to me...?

LilJoka

If 60fps was really down to the hardware, then there wouldn't be so many 60fps games on Wii U. If you want to blame anyone, blame the developers and publishers who decided that 60fps wasn't a priority.

Most console games were actually 60fps back then thanks to quirks of the graphics hardware of the era.

Actually, no, blame the user base for continuing to ask for better looking games/screenshots/photo wars etc etc. Devs make money by giving to what the majority demand. Console games will forever be stuck in the cycle as long as the majority of the user base continues to want games that only look great. So many people don't even see the difference between 30/60fps, perfect excuse for Devs. An even bigger majority are ready to compromise for 30fps with better eye candy.

On PC only a minority would run below native res, only a minority would take to 30fps 4k downsampling (and probably only for screenshots) and a minority would run 30fps with silly settings when 1080p60 is achievable.

Ghandi

Banned
i feel you op

a question of exteme value for me:
destinys framerate does feel more fluid than bloodborne, right? what is this difference between 30fps and 30fps, my head just dosnt comprehend

No GAF. Not drunk. Just amused at stutter in bloodborne after a time out.

Hence the thread and why we moan when a few extra quid over 4 years is peanuts.

Plenty of 60 fps games on the WiiU. It's about whether the devs target that frame rate or not. They clearly place a bigger focus on prettier graphics and would rather half the frame rate to do so. If the console were to be more powerful they wouldn't keep the graphics the same and target 60 fps, they'd just make the graphics of even higher fidelity and still keep the 30.

Top Bottom