• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Last day for the Smash Ballot votes!

Neoxon

Banjo in SSB4 is on the same tier as Snake in SSBB.
Not exactly. Snake is third party, Banjo is first party for a direct competitor to Nintendo in the hardware business. And if I recall, doesn't Microsoft have a patent for their own line of NFC figures?

Gilby

tumblr_mdjtlq3hl81rp61gr.gif

Mallo Smash!

SoulUnison

Banned
Adding a character from a primarily PlayStation exclusive franchise makes tons of sense. Don't get me wrong, I love Kingdom Hearts, but I just wish more people voted for first party characters.

There have been 4 Kingdom Hearts games on Nintendo handhelds - that's basically half the series.
They're all plot-critical, though RE:Coded is arguable.
Chain of Memories was even the series first real sequel.
3D was a big game for one of the same hardwares Smash Bros. is on.

He's just the kind of colorful, family-friendly, instantly recognizable character with mass appeal that can slip into Smash effortlessly.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Not exactly. Snake is third party, Banjo is first party for a direct competitor to Nintendo in the hardware business. And if I recall, doesn't Microsoft have a patent for their own line of NFC figures?

Wait, that's first time i have heard about that? Microsoft want some of those Amiibo cow cash?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member

Even though Snake is third party and Metal Gear has some history on Nintendo consoles, it's still predominantly considered a Playstation franchise. And the timing of Snake in Brawl more closely coincided with MGS4 than anything else.

It's strange too, cause he's like the only Assist Trophy to just be..taken out...of Smash 4. Like period. So odd o__O

Helirin, Mr. Resetti, Barbara the Bat, Excitebikes, Jill Dozer, and Ray MK III were also removed. So either they removed him on purpose so he'd be eligible as DLC, or he's so insignificant that they didn't care. Hopefully it's the former.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Helirin, Mr. Resetti, Barbara the Bat, Excitebikes, Jill Dozer, and Ray MK III were also removed. So either they removed him on purpose so he'd be eligible as DLC, or he's so insignificant that they didn't care. Hopefully it's the former.

I have a feeling that it's latter one. :(

Drago

He's my most wanted newcomer by far! Though I don' t think he's got any chance... I did what I could and put my vote in for him anyways.

J@hranimo

Banned

Oh damn, see I totally forgot about the others.

Honestly Isaac sticks out to me that much. I guess that's why I remember him over the others despite a couple being from Japan only games.

Viola from The Witch's House will always be my vote. My favorite video game character of all time. Even if it makes no sense, I'll always root for her! Who knows, Fummy and Sakurai might just be "friends".

I'm all for Banjo, but I'm not sure if Nintendo would be okay with providing Microsoft with free advertising. That & the Amiibo licensing could get dicey.

Nintendo is not competing with Microsoft, maybe Microsoft can port some old rare shit to the next Nintendo portable and be even,

GamerJM

Banned
My vote still goes out to my boy Agent J, even if he has no chances. Fuck strategic voting, I vote for what I believe in.

tkscz

I know GAF doesn't like her, but fuck it

cqALvkU.gif

Daisy (in this costume) needs some sort of respect from Nintendo
and an Amiibo

Is....is this real? :O

Yoooooooooo and I thought I was the only one who voted for the limbless wonder! I know there's such a slim to none chance of him getting in, but if he did I would blow up GAF with excitement lol.

You aren't! Rayman or Layton or Waluigi or bust!

Azure J

I don't care if his chances are low, he could have a very unique move set so, VOTE FOR HIM!
pleaseT_T

Really not a fan of that render. The face is like those hyperbolic posts about "animu" faces taken seriously. The 2D art right there does a way better job of portraying the character. :lol

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
My vote still goes out to my boy Agent J, even if he has no chances. Fuck strategic voting, I vote for what I believe in.

Who is Agent J? I forget.

The vote has been cast.

Ice_Climbers_SSBB.jpg

I still wish that Ice Climbers would come back. Eskimo Joe, are you still alive?

I should vote..

Also, surprised nobody wants Hades in

I think no one want more Kid Icarus representative because we had three characters now. I think Medusa should get 4th spot in the future.

I don't care if his chances are low, he could have a very unique move set so, VOTE FOR HIM!
pleaseT_T

That Smashified is so ugly. I couldn't believe that they didn't do him justice. (I understand that it required a lot of works and times. I really appreciate that but his face really bothered me the most.

Velcro Fly

I voted for K. Rool if only to get a better DKC stage in the game. Jungle Japes is an abomination. Give me a Gankplank Galleon stage and that DKC1 music with K. Rool

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
It just makes sense.

No it doesn't. Nintendo has only gotten awful spin offs of Kingdom Hearts and not even the real deals. Not to mention the licencing hell between Square Enix and Disney that would need to happen.

Everyone should vote for a more deserving Nintendo RPG character instead.

Bakkus

Wonder Red, Isaac, Chibi-Robo, K.Rool, Dixie, Paper Mario, Saki, Mike Jones, Rhythm Heaven representative

All 1st party characters which deserves to be playable characters. If Shovel Layton is ahead in line i'd be disgusted. Inkling and Wolf are locked on so didn't bother mentioning them. Ice Climbers will also sooner or later return.

Voted for Wonder Red btw.

Top Bottom