• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV Mod Update: You can finally give Quiet proper clothing.

Metzhara

I'm the first one to say sexualizing game characters is generally creepy and honestly a terrible way to mature into adulthood but I have to agree with those persons who say she should stay in the skimpy outfit.
They did write it for her and it fits... love it or hate it.
But imagine if she had to suck nutrients from horse manure. Now THAT would be an interesting twist!
Sexy AND Sick!

BibiMaghoo

The weirdest scene for me was when the Diamond Dogs all gathered around Quiet with paper cups. Then Venom Snake squeezed her breast and pure, filtered water dispensed from her navel. Like, I get that her backstory explains that her body naturally filters contaminants, and the boys get thirsty out in that heat, but it just seems like a really insincere rationale to develop her character from.

What in the actual fuck. Is this real?

Tagyhag

Is there a mod that gives you her short hair from the beginning, as well?

Yes but like her in-game outfits it probably doesn't work in cutscenes.

38-2-1442758195.jpg

But that's fine, anything is better than that poor misogynist excuse of an outfit with one of the stupidest reasonings ever, even for a Metal Gear game. Can't believe people defend it.

captainpat

Regardless of what the reason is, having the sole female character in your game be dressed in a Bikini with ripped stockings while all the male characters are dressed like actual soldiers was bound to feel really stupid.

The only male character dressed like solders are Snake and Kaz and even then you can put a lot of silly customization on Snake.

Haunted

Huh? I thought that was the XOF outfit.
It is. Instead of being unlocked 40+ hours into the game and still showing her titty stripper outfit in cutscenes, this mod makes it available from the start and shows it in cutscenes as well.

Neiteio

Regardless of what the reason is, having the sole female character in your game be dressed in a Bikini with ripped stockings while all the male characters are dressed like actual soldiers was bound to feel really stupid.
Yeah. I can only think of six other female characters in MGSV, which either have the same issue or only count as a technicality.

(SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS)

Paz is attractive and in her underwear, but is not really there.

The four Sniper Skulls have boob and butt shots and wear sexy lingerie.

Strangelove is heard in voice only, during Huey's trial and in a tape.

Game's kind of a sausage fest.

You could cut the sexual tension between Snake, Kaz and Ocelot with a knife.

Finale Fireworker said:
The weirdest scene for me was when the Diamond Dogs all gathered around Quiet with paper cups. Then Venom Snake squeezed her breast and pure, filtered water dispensed from her navel. Like, I get that her backstory explains that her body naturally filters contaminants, and the boys get thirsty out in that heat, but it just seems like a really insincere rationale to develop her character from.
I was banned for a month for alluding to the nature of certain surprises in MGSV's story, so it's been a while since I've told you how much I love you. :)

Hypron

The only male character dressed like solders are Snake and Kaz and even then you can put a lot of silly customization on Snake.

Well that was the wrong way to say it - all the others were fully clothed.

Being able to unlock special silly costumes for snake doesn't make a difference, because those are just that, extra silly costumes, not the default way he is depicted.

Yeah. I can only think of six other female characters in MGSV, which either have the same issue or only count as a technicality.

(SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS)

Paz is attractive and in her underwear, but is not really there.

The four Sniper Skulls have boob and butt shots and wear sexy lingerie.

Strangelove is heard in voice only, during Huey's trial and in a tape.

Game's kind of a sausage fest.

You could cut the sexual tension between Snake, Kaz and Ocelot with a knife.

That's true.
Paz is actually fine - she's in a hospital after all
. But yeah the female
SKULLs
actually do reinforce my argument - Kojima is a pervert and is proud of it. Now that's not universally a bad thing but since Kojima's got all the subtelty of a 12 years old...

Erheller

Snake - dresses like a soldier
Miller - dresses like a soldier
Ocelot - dresses like a cowboy
Huey - dresses like a normal dude/scientist
Every single Mother Base soldier - dresses like a soldier

Quiet - doesn't dress

Joeku

parasites

You're bringing logic into a Kojima conversation.

I believe the answer is Nano-machines
Parasites
, Son.

No, I get that. I have finished the game. I mean, like, the parasites can take in enough air down her throat to push back up to recreate her own old voice correctly, but that's not enough for her body and her skin has to intake air too? Or does she need extra air to account for the superhuman shit...? Or -- you know what, nevermind.

I was pissed that I unlocked this outfit
moments before she left.

Haunted

No, I get that. I have finished the game. I mean, like, the parasites can take in enough air down her throat to push back up to recreate her own old voice correctly, but that's not enough for her body and her skin has to intake air too? Or does she need extra air to account for the superhuman shit...? Or -- you know what, nevermind.
yeah sure

See, the thing with the parasites is that they can do whatever the fuck they want them to, that's generally how pseudoscience/deus ex machinas work when used by shitty writers. Just like nanomachines were responsible for most of the bullshit in the MGS future trilogy whenever Kojima wanted to include cool shit he'd seen in other movies.

Zornack

I don't get why GAF is a bunch of pubescent teens... so a mod gives her a normal outfit, big fucking woo.

Pretty sure the person you quoted wasn't talking about the existence of the mod but more so some of the extreme reactions people have towards quiet.

Neiteio

Why do you guys care so much?

Is the female body vile unless fully clothed or something?
People would prefer the emphasis be placed on the character's character and not her tig o' biddies

Game is fucking looney tunes with how it handles her. I've been saving all of the cutscenes to PS4. Might make a T&A montage with Share Factory to demonstrate the camera's lust for Quiet.

Armaros

Pretty sure the person you quoted wasn't talking about the existence of the mod by more so some of the extreme reactions people have towards quiet.

And I am talking about the people that had a similarly extreme reaction to people criticizing the game about the flimsy excuses used to 'defend' Quiet.

It seems like the ones who are for the mod are the ones spazing out about the issue, since they can finally play the game.

So you haven't read the last two locked threads regarding the issue about Quiet? Yes its just the people criticizing the game that were spazzing out. /s

The amount of willful ignorance about this entire thing is galling.

Neiteio

Finale Fireworker's boob-based water filtration idea actually sounds like a legit Kojima idea.

I nominate Finale Fireworker to make MGS6.

It seems like the ones who are for the mod are the ones spazing out about the issue, since they can finally play the game.

You clearly like Persona 4, would you like to see Chie, Yukiko, Rise, and Naoto in stripper gear for the entire game with the arbitrary narrative reason that it helps them defeat shadows better?

I don't get why GAF is a bunch of pubescent teens... so a mod gives her a normal outfit, big fucking woo.

Wouldn't they be all for the skimpy outfit in that case?

And look, I played through the whole game with her in the default costume, doesn't mean I appreciated it, it felt skeezy the whole way through.

Neiteio

The next logical step is to mod her so she has no clothes, thus allowing her to breathe better and breaking the game balance with flawless buddy support.

Why do you guys care so much?

Is the female body vile unless fully clothed or something?

You're missing the point. For many, Quiet, as a character, is mute eye-candy. She is an adolescent fantasy with a backstory reverse-engineered to serve this purpose. This is characterization rooted in passive sexism.

The problem is not the nudity. The problem is the context.

If you disagree with that, that's fine. Obviously not everyone feels that way. And even people who don't like it disagree on the severity of the issue. But a lot of people have issues with Quiet, especially since Kojima said her character would be "an antithesis" to female characters in gaming, and she is definitely not.

The mod simply enables people who are irritated with Quiet's design to choose a more preferential model according to their own ideology and social perspective.

People took issue with Quiet the moment she was revealed, but were told to wait and see. So they did. And, ultimately, found Quiet's appearance unjustified.

That's all.

artsi

But that's fine, anything is better than that poor misogynist excuse of an outfit with one of the stupidest reasonings ever, even for a Metal Gear game. Can't believe people defend it.

I find it interesting that you came to the conclusion that the character's designer is a misogynist. How did that happen?

Zornack

Game is fucking looney tunes with how it handles her. I've been saving all of the cutscenes to PS4. Might make a T&A montage with Share Factory to demonstrate the camera's lust for Quiet.

I'm a bit surprised that people are surprised by the T&A. Meryl's ass, EVA's breasts, the BatB unit and Naomi and Mei Ling and Paz... Kojima likes some titillation.

captainpat

You clearly like Persona 4, would you like to see Chie, Yukiko, Rise, and Naoto in stripper gear for the entire game with the arbitrary narrative reason that it helps them defeat shadows better?

No joke, there's an outfit in Persona 3 and 4 that literally does that.

Haunted

You're missing the point. For many, Quiet, as a character, is mute eye-candy. She is an adolescent fantasy with a backstory reverse-engineered to serve this purpose. This is characterization rooted in passive sexism.

The problem is not the nudity. The problem is the context.

If you disagree with that, that's fine. Obviously not everyone feels that way. And even people who don't like it disagree on the severity of the issue. But a lot of people have issues with Quiet, especially since Kojima said her character would be "an antithesis" to female characters in gaming, and she is definitely not.

The mod simply enables people who are irritated with Quiet's design to choose a more preferential model according to their own ideology and social perspective.

That's all.
THEYRE TAKING AWAY MY FAP MATERIAL AND I WONT STAND FOR IT

hesido

In the name of narrative integrity, they should add suffocation idle animation at times where she opens a few buttons.

Top Bottom