• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 POSTSEASON |OT| Screw you, Satan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zroid

Banned
don't know if this is true but I heard that the networks are enforcing singing of God Bless America in Toronto for the playoffs.

that could get ugly... not sure a chorus of boos from the crowd is what they were hoping for

don't know if this is true but I heard that the networks are enforcing singing of God Bless America in Toronto for the playoffs.

that could get ugly... not sure a chorus of boos from the crowd is what they were hoping for
Canadians are childish enough to boo a country's anthem?

Line_HTX

We stand on guard for thee?

Mike Scosscia is gonna haunt the Mets again by giving his powers to Yasmani.

And lol ESPN having Angels in 2nd and Astros in third.

rinse82

Is it because the singing of God Bless America is sponsored?

I don't see Rogers Centre booing, but it just seems like a really stupid idea.

zroid

Banned
Is it because the singing of God Bless America is sponsored?

I don't see Rogers Centre booing, but it just seems like a really stupid idea.
I think so

I mean, I don't know if they'll actually boo it but it could happen. that would be pretty bad. lol

Parch

How big is Blues Jays mania in Canada? Whole country pulling for the Jays?
Pretty much. Apparently TV ratings are through the roof and SN has been showing Blue Jay season highlight shows and their old playoff games. It would be Blue Jays all day if they had the content.

zulux21

since the season is over and the spots are chosen seems like a good time for my playoff hopes.

Astros knock out the yankees
pirates knock out the cubs (I do not want to hear team of destiny crap for longer than I have to already tired of it)
mets knock out dodgers
pirates knock out cards

and if those happen... I really don't care beyond that I would be fine with any of the remaining teams winning it all.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs

I was never a big fan of God Bless America for the 7th inning stretch. It's a holdover from 9/11 that's long outlived its usefulness. What's wrong with Take Me Out To The Ballgame anyway?

Thinking of getting tix for the Saturday game at Dodger Stadium. Stubhub has some in the reserve section over 1st base for just $55 each.

The tickets for the Citi Field games are like 3x more at a minimum.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
My rooting services are for hire to the right team, I make alot of gifs used here. Highest bidder wins
besides the Dodgers.

Parch

If the network wants to add a recorded version to the broadcast, they can do that. If they're expecting Canadians to stand up and sing gobless america, don't hold your breath.

zroid

Banned
obviously The Star-Spangled Banner wouldn't get a negative reaction, that's sung at the Rogers Centre before every game. God Bless America isn't though. It would feel understandably shoehorned into the proceedings.

OP is so bland. Could use some more Halloween flair:

tony-larussa-as-a-rabbit-pic.jpg

Thinking of getting tix for the Saturday game at Dodger Stadium. Stubhub has some in the reserve section over 1st base for just $55 each.

You should take them. That's almost face value

E: Top deck was starting at $44 when they went on sale.

At Safeco watching the Jays a couple of times, we sang 'Take Me Out to the Ballgame' in the 7th. 'Home team' was replaced with the 'Blue Jays'. It works perfectly.

I can't remember if we sang 'God Bless America' when the M's were playing an American team, but I really don't think so.

Pulling for the Jays in the AL. NL is tougher to choose a team. Dodgers are exiting in the first round and I can't fathom pulling for any other NL Central team, title droughts be damned, so I'm left with the Mets. It'll be a good sendoff for Harvey if they win it all since Mets fans don't seem to want to put up with his wishy-washy innings horseshit, but I gotta go with the Jays for the WS. Too damn likeable to not root for them.

JDeluis

Do it!

Still don't understand the hate for the Dodgers? Is it the payroll, the bat flips, Puig, Grienke good hair or Kershaw being so humble?

Still don't understand the hate for the Dodgers? Is it the payroll, the bat flips, Puig, Grienke good hair or Kershaw being so humble?
People hate that we actually pay our players money instead of free hot dogs and punch. Fans are intimidated by Greinke's lovely locks and Clayton's amish beard.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Carlos Gomez says he'll be ready to play Tuesday against the Yankees.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimateastros/2015/10/04/carlos-gomez-says-hell-be-ready-for-yankees/
“Yeah, definitely I’ll be ready in New York,” Gomez said Sunday afternoon during the wild card celebration. “You know because, that game means a lot for us. No matter what, I’m going to be ready. That’s what we planned, the whole last five days made me feel better so I can be more 100 percent to do my best in New York.”

Josh5890

Probably a 4-4:30 start EST. Toronto is the only home team in the EST and if the Yankees are in the ALDS they get prime time.

Parch

Why wouldn't there be? Is Sportsnet just going to show the FOX feed? Not sure how to feel about that. Trading one bad Buck for another.
Just the American feed, so No Buck and Pat, but we get Zaun and what's-his-face doing pre-game and snarky comments throughout all the playoff games. That's usually how Sportsnet does playoff baseball.

Do it!

People hate that we actually pay our players money instead of free hot dogs and punch. Fans are intimidated by Greinke's lovely locks and Clayton's amish beard.

Cute.

I have my broom Ready. D. Wright does too.

I can't wait to make LA cry just like we did in 06.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I didn't think I would be posting in a postseason thread until at least 2017!!!!

qUS2Onc.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom