• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 out in the wild. Beware of leaks/spoilers.

How was Halo ever an M rating to begin with?

250px-Halo_Combat_Evolved_cover.png

I suppose it will be interesting to see when the review embargo is up. Normally if a studio and publisher are confident in their product we can get reviews a week or so before release, if its the day before or the day of release . . . time to worry.

So when do we think Halo 5 reviews will drop?

I mean 343 killing Sgt. Johnson was an assault on good storytelling so I kinda see where he is coming from.

It was bungie's and now 343's only move they can do.

Oh Miranda is kinda interesting well need the drama lets kill her.
Yeah Chief won't die in this so, lets kill Johnson for the big bang,. He is our best character so it will definitely create an emotional response.
Lasty hey Cortana is the one character with actual development and good characterization the rest of Halo 4's story is extremely bland(thanks to us for killing any memorable characters) so lets kill our last remaining decent character. that will get'em....

Oh and Buck who was badass because he was just an awesome ODST?
we made him a generic Spartan now and lackey for this antagonistic generic Spartan...
awesome right?

Bsigg12

No, I know it was an M. I'm saying with the brutality of Gears or hell even something like Manhunt, how did Halo ever end up with the M. It really doesn't matter I just have always found it interesting with how minimal Halo's violence has been that it would get an M.

No, I know it was an M. I'm saying with the brutality of Gears or hell even something like Manhunt, how did Halo ever end up with the M. It really doesn't matter I just have always found it interesting with how minimal Halo's violence has been that it would get an M.
Probably because the ESRB didn't quite know what to make of Halo at first

Vire

You can shoot someone in the head and then crouch up and down on their dead body. Seems like an M if I ever saw one...

I found it strange that Halo was M to begin with. Compared to other M games it's really mild

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
You can shoot someone in the head and then crouch up and down on their dead body. Seems like an M if I ever saw one...

I found it strange that Halo was M to begin with. Compared to other M games it's really mild

Comic Mischief.

Looks %100 legit. My connect should be getting this then in the next 2-3 days as usual. Mind as well pick up AC:Syndicate he got shipment on Fri. while im at the spot.

Random17

Halo 1 to 3 had the Flood. Reach was brutal with civy casualties, and 4 had the Composer scene.

A bit of inertia with the ratings as well.

It was bungie's and now 343's only move they can do.
Oh Miranda is kinda interesting well need the drama lets kill her.
Yeah Chief won't die in this so, lets kill Johnson for the big bang,. He is our best character so it will definitely create an emotional response.
Lasty hey Cortana is the one character with actual development and good characterization the rest of Halo 4's story is extremely bland so let kill our last remaining decent character that will get'em.

johnsons and mirandas (and chiefs fake death) was because it was the end of the story and bungie wanted everyone except the arbiter to die on the ark so that it would create impact and a sense of finality. Cortana's death was to show a more emotional side of chief. People are killed at the end of stories for more than 'lol, that'll get em'. Your not giving the writers enough credit.

Flipyap

Well that was Bungie. It was definitely a mistake though. He'd make an amazing SIV alongside chief.
Good lord, no. There has to be room for "regular" people in that universe. It was a much more interesting place before everyone was a super soldier (cue MS Paint Donald Duck).
Video game devs need to learn to let Han Solos be Han Solos, not everyone needs to become a Jedi (I'm looking at you, Kyle Katarn).

All I want to know is whether there is a Bloodgulch/Valhalla variant or not, since there has been no word on it. Seriously, I can deal with no split screen, but no Gulch is a crime againsy Halomanity.

Vire

johnsons and mirandas (and chiefs fake death) was because it was the end of the story and bungie wanted everyone except the arbiter to die on the ark so that it would create impact and a sense of finality. Cortana's death was to show a more emotional side of chief. People are killed at the end of stories for more than 'lol, that'll get em'. Your not giving the writers enough credit.
Johnson survives the flood, convinces Chief and Arbiter to work together, is a super badass one lining soldier and then anti climatically gets mopped off by some squeaky little robot? Nah, fuck that.

I don't care that they killed Johnson, but the way he went out was beyond lame. Should have gone out in a blaze of glory blowing up on the Halo ring or something.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I remember Halo 2 leaked in French. Most games do leak if they're big enough. Plus they ship the games out real early, so who knows. I'm pretty sure the boxes have a "Do not open until XX-XX-XXXX" somewhere and maybe on the cases themselves. I remember Halo 3 did. Anymore SD is becoming a common thing to break.

I bet no one in town has it. With 360 they'd just download it. My town may not have anything unique about it, but they are strict.

I remember a few times some employees at GS would gloat about taking home an early copy. I have to think some of the store managers and owners of small mom and pop stores can break SD.

Street Date is only enforced when it has to be. If I was a district manager I would investigate.

oo7

Mr. FRANKIE. You gonna give out some digital codes to a few of us lucky, loyal, poor Halo fans? Yeah???

TheYanger

I remember Halo 2 leaked in French. Most games do leak if they're big enough. Plus they ship the games out real early, so who knows. I'm pretty sure the boxes have a "Do not open until XX-XX-XXXX" somewhere and maybe on the cases themselves. I remember Halo 3 did. Anymore SD is becoming a common thing to break.

I bet no one in town has it. With 360 they'd just download it. My town may not have anything unique about it, but they are strict.

I remember a few times some employees at GS would gloat about taking home an early copy. I have to think some of the store managers and owners of small mom and pop stores can break SD.

Street Date is only enforced when it has to be. If I was a district manager I would investigate.

When I worked in receiving in Fry's we were VERY controlling with street date products for sure.

I remember having like 50 Xbox 360s for...over a month even? before launch, locked up tight in a cage in the back with a bunch of refrigerators stacked around them. Most of the staff didn't even know we had them. It's basically only mom and pops where this stuff really gets out in any quantity.

If you have the game early, can you play at least the campaign or you will get banned by Xbox Live?
Why would you get banned? I paid money and got the game from a retailer. I got my xb1 a week early and played it and nothing happened.

I've never been banned from getting a game early and I don't pirate or anything so I don't see the problem.

Johnson survives the flood, convinces Chief and Arbiter to work together, is a super badass one lining soldier and then anti climatically gets mopped off by some squeaky little robot? Nah, fuck that.

I don't care that they killed Johnson, but the way he went out was beyond lame. Should have gone out in a blaze of glory blowing up on the Halo ring or something.

This is true, and definitely made it worse.

Why would you get banned? I paid money and got the game from a retailer. I got my xb1 a week early and played it and nothing happened.

I've never been banned from getting a game early and I don't pirate or anything so I don't see the problem.

Yeah you are right same here I got Reach and H2A one week early and nothing happened
both original of course I was just asking to be sure I'm 100% against piracy, thank you for your help my friend

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
When I worked in receiving in Fry's we were VERY controlling with street date products for sure.

I remember having like 50 Xbox 360s for...over a month even? before launch, locked up tight in a cage in the back with a bunch of refrigerators stacked around them. Most of the staff didn't even know we had them. It's basically only mom and pops where this stuff really gets out in any quantity.

Yeah because some people show their receipts online and it's nontraditional stores. I remember when Target or Walmart sold NCAA early and there were talks of contacting EA from corporate e-mails from GameStop. I have learned it's a big deal, but surfing the Internet will make you believe something else.

I worked at K-Mart during the PS3 launch and the store manager knew how important it was. Most managers are generally aware of it and keep the policy. I just wonder if they'll ever get their liscense revoked for doing it.

A few of the stores I've seen do it are somewhere in California, but it's just about anywhere anymore. There's so many smaller game store chains to worry about. It's not even a matter of size, so something is going on. I lived in a small town for about two years and there were 4 major stores to buy video games. I was sure MKX wasn't going to be leaked, but I called around. It's still part of policy and no one is gonna risk it.

This imgur collection looks like some employee just wants to show off.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Idiots breaking street dates takes all the fun out of spoilers and leaks.

Watching the Legendary ending 3 weeks before launch is lame.

Top Bottom