• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twilight Princess (HD?) Icon Discovered in Wii U eShop

Status
Not open for further replies.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Addressing tear hunting is basically mandatory but I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't touch it because of how much of an overhaul it would need. It's, at the very base, completely different to how Skyward Sword does it and it's used to pad the game out. I have a feeling Nintendo might not even see it as an issue that's possible to address...

Nintendo was aware enough that people hated the Triforce Hunt that they cut it by half. Pretty sure they are aware people hate the first two hours of Twilight Princess.

What do you mean? Like in terms of atmosphere or enemy design? Or maybe cause it's pretty in cinematic for a nintendo do EAD game?

Just an overall distrust for its own design at times, like how Midna will always be available to tell you where to go next, but sometimes the game just goes and awkwardly reminds you without you prompting it... small stuff like that. The cinematic things are surprisingly well done and Nintendo has always had a good grasp of those things, but the game just feels... like it has low self esteem or something.

I think that makes me like it even more though!

BY2K

Membero Americo
They better fix the damn bug that made it every time you boot the game, every time you pick up a rupee that's 10 worth or more, the game stops you with a message to tell you about it.

ika

Ok, I know I'm dreaming but it'd be AMAZING if they secretly were HDing this game with the updated engine they used for the Zelda U Experience four years ago.

I mean, doing the same thing they did with Wind Waker HD wouldn't be enough to make TP look good for today's standards...

Yes... too good to be true.

Josh7289

I guess they'll have a Direct soon to finally provide some details on the Wii U Zelda, and also announce a Virtual Console release of the Wii version of Twilight Princess in the same Direct.

jwhit28

I was hoping Nintendo would use the Wii Virtual Console (or however it is called) for more obscure and harder to find Wii releases. A crossgen Zelda game that launched with Nintendo's best selling console doesn't seem like a game too many people would miss out on. I guess it's dumb to assume that TP is taking a spot from another game but even Nintendo itself said that the VC is in the sorry state it is in due to lack of resources.

Revven

Nintendo was aware enough that people hated the Triforce Hunt that they cut it by half. Pretty sure they are aware people hate the first two hours of Twilight Princess.

The first two hours doesn't encompass all of the tears of light, though.

In addition, the Triforce Hunt was definitely made much more apparent by how both reviewers and players were vocal about it. Not to mention they, the development team, knew it wasn't a great idea even when they were creating it because they had to cut content and replaced what they cut with the Triforce Hunt.

I suppose you could argue Skyward Sword changing how the tears of light fit into the game points out they were aware how awful the tears of light were in TP. However, the tears of light aren't like the Triforce Hunt wherein you can just move them around or make them easier to obtain. They have a designed flow the player is expected or supposed to follow (but of course you can miss a few, which is why they're awful besides how not fun it is) and while they can make that easier for the first area, the second and third areas you need to do them in have scripted sequences attached to a few of them and I'm not so sure they would want to change those sequences considering the time and effort put into some of them.

Obviously they wouldn't touch the boss bug no matter how they tweak the tears of light.

They're just not fun on replays and even first time through they're not fun. But I'm not sure what they could do to address it specifically without completely changing how they work. Again, unlike the Triforce Hunt, they are pretty ingrained into the game and aren't something you can do while you're doing other things -- they are the way you unlock the next dungeon. They're even ingrained into the story, as a pretty focal point in the beginning.

Ryoku

2330688-0820652777-b9vkk.gif

Believe!!!

It's probably just the Wii version ported.

B4s5C

2330688-0820652777-b9vkk.gif

Believe!!!

It's probably just the Wii version ported.

I believe!

Have actually been playing the game on Wii for the past week and have been loving it. OF course they would announce this after I'm 10+ hours into my game but I would still buy and restart for it.

Pez

It's a Wii U port, if anything. Like Nintendo is going to waste the resources to make an HD version of TP.

Pssh.

levyjl1988

Banned
Something tells me this wii rerelease like Super Mario Galaxy 2 will be made in a future Nintendo Direct, perhaps the same Direct in which they announce the new Smash Bros Roster characters.

cand

I'm sorry guys but I will not take the train this time. I can't deal with my heart being broken again this year... just can't.

Vena

I mean, between the Smash rumors, this rumor, the rumored direct, and the rumored Splatoon update (on top of Pokemon, and games needing dates/highlight reels) it really does feel like a Direct is inbound.

Given everything, I think it's safe to say that Nintendo is also finally going to be adding Lonk to Sm4sh! Get hype!

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Where did this rumor came from?
NWPlayer123/Nikki/Octogirl, Splatoon dataminer/hacker, speculated about a Splatoon ND to reveal the playable Octolings due to recent updates allowing for Octoling play in game files. I don't know about any other source.

NoKisum

Is the Wii version playable with the Classic Controller? This is crucial to whether I pick up the game or not.

L95

Where did this rumor came from?

It's less a rumor and more people just wanting it to happen. (And Splatoon's recent update mysteriously decreasing in size right before Nintendo released it, implying they removed something, and a few other little things floating around but eh.)

Revven

Imagine the backlash if TP remake gets released before Zelda Wii U, lol

Don't you mean rejoicing? Because it means we get another game to play and Zelda U is already well under way in development so...?

There'd be a backlash if there was no new Zelda in the works, yeah but... there is so lol.

Is the Wii version playable with the Classic Controller? This is crucial to whether I pick up the game or not.

Nope, Wiimote and Nunchuk only.

Pokemaniac

If this is legit, it's definitely an HD remake, which Twilight Princess could definitely use.

I wonder if this might be an apology in the likely event that they're pulling a Twilight Princess with Zelda Wii U.

Nope. It's a Wii launch game, so Nintendo had to sell people on the Wiimote by directly mapping all the Gamecube version's button controls to waggling. No options, only waggle.

That said, if an HD remaster does come, it needs both the original GCN controls and the Wii controls as options, and have both the normal GCN world and the mirrored Wii world as options as well.

Mat-triX

What is with people and Motion controls? There's preferring traditional controls, and then there's acting like Motion Controls killed your family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom