• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razmos

Well there is finally a use for Gil at least. It costs 18 Million to upgrade an item to 9* (once the 6* Dark Matter is released)

So can you upgrade a 5* to 5*+/++ without combining? Otherwise this is useless except for the largest whale.
The entire point is to provide a third level to upgrade your combined gear.

The fact that you can now further upgrade all your combined 3 and 4 star gear is pretty important and more relevant imo. This helps your synergy stat sticks keep up.

Falk

that puzzling face
I find it hilarious that 4*+++s are going to outclass 5*s in record synergy.

Thank God I've been saving up to two of each variant.

ZangBa

Got 50 mythril again and got Balthier's SSB. Wouldn't make sense to keep pulling for the shield now so I'm going to wait until BSBfest. I have this gun in Japan and it's been extremely useful, so I'm happy. C:

hesho

a little random..

i just realized that basch didn't get his mc2 this event. That is different. Almost every char that gets launched now gets both his/her mc1 and mc2 but guess not for him.

I find it hilarious that 4*+++s are going to outclass 5*s in record synergy.

Thank God I've been saving up to two of each variant.
This has always been the case though. A 3*++ with synergy is around par, maybe slightly better, with a 5* without. A 4*++ with synergy is going to be flat out better then a 5* without synergy.

Balphon

a little random..

i just realized that basch didn't get his mc2 this event. That is different. Almost every char that gets launched now gets both his/her mc1 and mc2 but guess not for him.

There are a few. Desch's MC2 is not in the FF3 event.

Falk

that puzzling face
This has always been the case though. A 3*++ with synergy is around par, maybe slightly better, with a 5* without. A 4*++ with synergy is going to be flat out better then a 5* without synergy.

I'm talking about both being in synergy.

4+++ (assuming same scaling from 4+ to 4++ to 4+++) would land in the 200-210ish range, which is better than a lot of older 5*s.

Do I have to? :(

I used that thing for about a week when Triple Triad came out before getting tired of the f2p model in that game.
You can easily get three points a day in under 30 seconds just by collecting your login bonus and checking out the "Daily Dose of Final Fantasy". And an extra two points a day if you play a game of Triple Triad. And since you haven't used it in awhile, you can get a ton of extra points from all the news stories and videos you missed. You don't have to actually watch the videos (you can open the link then close it afterward), and you can just quickly scroll to the bottom of each news story and click the "Get Points" button.

Anustart

So what should I be doing? I quit playing about a year ago and I'm lost.

Why do these realms say ive completed 2/18 , but there's only 2 in there?

I don't know what record materia are either :(

Wazzy

Banned
EDEA EVENT TOMORROW(Or I guess later today)

6IJgM4E.png

Kain

Yep! I know Squall's BSSB is nothing special amongs BSSBs, but I want it. Bad.

Also Edea, I'm so going to level her up even if I don't get any relic.

FFVIII is life.

LucaMac

I now have every other relic off the OSB banner in Japan apart from yuffies new SSB and the OSB. (including two of Reds new comb) and I only spent 40 mythril. The new draw rate is real...although thats an insane run (two 3*s, one 4* and five 5*s) it's hard not to be frustrated that with that many shineys none was Clouds new toy. I'm very very set for ffvii now. When the last single pull was clearly 5+ I was kind of hoping for another comb now that it could be hyper evolved. Red would have been a beast...Cids goggles though. I have all the wind+ relics now. I may get that OSB at some point to absolutely destroy everything.

Dragner

My insane VIII synergy makes me pass on this...I dont like Squall Burst or Squall so whatever. Good Luck to the ones pulling on it.

If I pulled Squalls bssb I dunno who'd I sub him in for since his abilities are fairly limiting compared to Auron, Gilgamesh, and Agrais. I guess I'd take out Gilgamesh and rely on rw medica with heavy regen to get that status effect up.

This new Jp update is great. My level 99 bartz has 225 atk, with all of the 3 star dives completed and a couple levels into the fours.

And my V axe at 4+++ has 225 atk with rs, greater than bartz bssb sword at 216. That these are cheap via greens to upgrade is a great move. Can't wait to have a 5+++ j staff in the intl game, my only 5++ weapon, unfortunately.

Netted aeriths bssb and that water katana from an 11 pull and will try again in a few days for clouds new weapon.

Edit: bumping a 3++ to +++ is going to be helpful as well, but pobviously more limited. I bumped my IV ice rod and the mag with rs is now a strong 148, better than any non rs 5+ rod and probably better than 5++ rods without rs. Rods and staves seem the most beneficial for three stars due to the rarity compared to physical weapons.

Pejo

Man, Mateus is the first brick wall I've run into since getting Valiant Knife and Shout. I tried a few dry runs last night with various RW and I can't get him down below 50% hp before the damage from the little guys wipes out a character or two. I even tried swapping Lightning in with her SSB and lifesyphon, and I still can't get them down before they cause considerable damage.

Is there an AoE sleep skill that's not the (I think Selphie?) SB that sleeps?

Also, up until this point, I've never brought a healer with me, but I have that reraise + AoE Heal SB from Aertih. I might give that a shot if I can't handle the damage through pure mitigation.

Man, Mateus is the first brick wall I've run into since getting Valiant Knife and Shout. I tried a few dry runs last night with various RW and I can't get him down below 50% hp before the damage from the little guys wipes out a character or two. I even tried swapping Lightning in with her SSB and lifesyphon, and I still can't get them down before they cause considerable damage.

Is there an AoE sleep skill that's not the (I think Selphie?) SB that sleeps?

Also, up until this point, I've never brought a healer with me, but I have that reraise + AoE Heal SB from Aertih. I might give that a shot if I can't handle the damage through pure mitigation.
It was a shared SB FFVIII armour and the activation rate was pretty grim. I'm somewhat pleased in this FFVIII event the Ultimate Seifer Trio are immune to sleep this time. There is a bard skill (Lullaby) that is AoE sleep too.

If you're going Lightning SSB spellblades are almost as good as lifesiphon in terms of SB gauge building and should be a bit stronger too. If you have Kaiser shield you might even be able to wipe out the Ice Azer off the bat by starting with SB gauge.

Ok so after looking at a JP player pull for OSB, I saw that he had 1800 mythril. How on earth do you get that much mythril?

Seriously, how is that much possible? Do they (JP game) get that much more than us? I've seen the figures on getting 300 in three months and some off, but that's another level entirely.

Is there some other mechanic other than grinding classics/elites, daily mythril and the events for getting mythril?

Dragner

There are crazy people running like 10 accounts on emulators hoarding for times like this and then selling or just brag posting.

Wazzy

Banned
Yep! I know Squall's BSSB is nothing special amongs BSSBs, but I want it. Bad.

Also Edea, I'm so going to level her up even if I don't get any relic.

FFVIII is life.
It's still a BSSB which means it's going to do a ton of damage. :p

And yessss VIII is life. I'm so ready to pull today!

Balphon

Squall's BSSB is good (if kinda blah compared to other BSSBs), but the second banner seems to have better relics overall (Zell SSB, Selphie SSB, Edea's hat).

My FF8 synergy is still pretty crap but I have a feeling this event is going to troll me just as hard as the Laguna one did if I try to pull.

Really excited about the Edea event tonight but it's gonna have to wait until the Basch event is over because farming Mandragoras is just too good. Seven major orbs so far with zero refreshes and the Nightmare, Bonus battles, and Orb Weekend tucked in there too. I wanna maximize it as much as possible.

GAMERG0D

I have Irvines SB, Quistis SB, and Rinoa SB and I have Medica II from Y'shtola so getting Selphie SSB would probably be useless to me. I kind of want to pull though.

My FF8 synergy ain't shabby. My only unique is Irvine's Valiant, but I also have another 5* gun, two swords, a dagger, a light armor, and some bracers. I shouldn't have any problems and won't be pulling. My near-term plans are an 11-pull on FF3's first and FF9's second, because I need synergy for those. Longer term, I need synergy for FF13 and will also keep some mythril in the bank for the next soulbreak festival.

Razmos

My FF8 synergy is pretty great.
Squall's Revolver
Rinoa's Cardinal
Zell's Gauntlet
Quistis' Red Scorpion
Irvine's Valiant
And also a 6* Raijin Vest, Minotaur Plate and Blitz Sword.

Not quite Wazzy level, but it's pretty good!

MrDaravon

I have absolutely no FF12 synergy other than Balthier's water SB gun; how bad is the Ultimate fight? I'd been putting it off because of the weekend orbfest and IRL stuff. Almost don't even want to bother with it.

Also I've had NO luck whatsoever getting a single relic off the first banner of any kind; I'm pretty tapped out on Mythril now (have like 25ish), at this point should I just hold off and horde for BSSB(?)fest? This was the last banner I plan on doing anything other than a 100 gem pull on before that (not much interest in the Kuja event, my mage gear is okayish), and I know the major FF12 relics roll around again but it looks like not for a a few months.

I have been spending all of my Mythril on the Basch 1 banner, ending with 17 Mythril pulls throughout the week + a 100-gem pull. I could have saved 5 Mythril by getting an 11-pull, but I had severely underestimated my Mythril intake at the start of the event. I didn't realize how many dailies I had skipped due to only farming ++ for Greens and had forgotten about the Spring bonuses.

Over the weekend, I was at 0/14 and felt like I was on a fruitless endeavor. However, I never gave up hope. My 15th pull? First ever Mage Sword!
I have better Rods, but I figured it could still be useful. Especially, since I also pulled Golbez's Ebon Armor in the Fest and can use him as a frontline Dark Mage soon. Celes can make use of it too, combined with her SSB.

Well, today I gathered 15 more Mythril and decided to pull again vs going for Squall's BSB tonight.

I got the Shield I wanted + a second Demonsbane. GREAT SUCCESS! \o/

Now I have a stackable Boostga + a Holy Boosting Shield + an awesome Mage Sword.

In XII this can be useful as either physical or mage gear. Outside of XII, my current top 5 non-RS MAG relics are now: Demonsbane+ (125), Valkyrie+ (122), Morning Star (121), 2x Wizard Rod (118).

I'm beyond ecstatic.

I have absolutely no FF12 synergy other than Balthier's water SB gun; how bad is the Ultimate fight? I'd been putting it off because of the weekend orbfest and IRL stuff. Almost don't even want to bother with it.
Honestly, if you're really stuck I'd spend a round building up SB Gauge an then burning a Mythril. A single Mythril is absolutely worth 5 Star Accessories and Major Orbs+Crystals.

Kyari

My FFVIII synergy was weird in that I have Quistis and Rinoa relics but no melee relics, not even any 4*+ or ++.

Thankfully I finally made my beginner pull and got a generic 5* Blitz Sword so that helps a lot :D

My VIII rs is actually surprisingly good, but only thanks to the recent lucky banners and festival, where I netted 4 of these relics.

revolver +
betrayal sword + (got the second one in a failed Basch pull)
selphie morning star
selphie crescent wish
quistis red scorpion
laguna machine gun
balamb garden uniform light armor

edit: my 100 gem pull netted me the third 4* mesmerize blade, not bad, and appropo!

Wazzy

Banned
Okay now that I've slightly calmed down. I would like to present the two pulls I did which means I only used a 100 mythril!
First pull:

Second pull!

I don't know if I even want to pull on this banner anymore and just save the rest for second one or try my luck at more. BUT I DID IT GUYS! ONLY TWO PULLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom