• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Wireless Adapter for Windows releasing today

derFeef

Ordered a Lunar White. As soon as this becomes available here I will get this too. Good to hear rumble and audio is fixed!

SRTtoZ

Got mine today, thing works great! Setup instantly, paired it easily and works fine. I did have to go into SOUND options in W10 and set the 'headset' option to default for my audio from the controller to work. Now it works fine and if I have a headset plugged in and turn on the controller it goes to that audio but if I turn off the controller it goes back to my speakers. Tried out some BL2 quick and sound and vibration was working 100%. If I want to go completely wireless I just plug in my Sony Golds dongle and then I have both the XB1 controller and headset without a single wire. Very happy.

How's the audio quality of the output?

Seems to be on par with the Dualshock 4 which is pretty good.

If I order the xbone controller with the 3.5mm jack, does that mean I'm getting the updated controller with better bumpers? I cannot stand the old controller's stiff bumpers

SRTtoZ

If I order the xbone controller with the 3.5mm jack, does that mean I'm getting the updated controller with better bumpers? I cannot stand the old controller's stiff bumpers

Yes. The 3.5mm controller has better bumpers that let you press anywhere on the bumper easily instead of on just the edge.

Rich!

Yep, 3.5mm controller is fantastic. I absolutely hated the original bumpers

So I just got mine today. How do I make this pass audio through to my controller? My Xbox Elite controller is updated, the Stereo Headset adapter is connected, my headset is connected, but I don't hear anything for it?

So I just got mine today. How do I make this pass audio through to my controller? My Xbox Elite controller is updated, the Stereo Headset adapter is connected, my headset is connected, but I don't hear anything for it?

Have headset plugged in when you turn on controller. Tell Windows to output to headphones I believe.

Canon

Banned
What are the chances this could work on Android, wirelessly? Is that possible in the future without rooting?

Hasney

Anyone seen these in a UK retail store somewhere? My local Argos, Game and PCWorld don't have any stock and I fancy having one today if possible.

The only issue I found when playing TItanfall PC with the Xbox One controller was that there was no rumble. Now, I havent played in the last two weeks, but I think I read somewhere the rumble is added via an update.

Can someone confirm if the rumble is there?

NeonBlack

Anyone seen these in a retail store somewhere? My local Argos, Game and PCWorld don't have any stock and I fancy having one today if possible.

Do you have a microsoft store nearby? That's where I bought my wireless adapter.

The only issue I found when playing TItanfall PC with the Xbox One controller was that there was no rumble. Now, I havent played in the last two weeks, but I think I read somewhere the rumble is added via an update.

Can someone confirm if the rumble is there?

Rumble has been added with the newest update.

Denzar

Hey guys.

My trusty old 360 controller still works like a charm, but I've used it so much the rubber on the left analogue stick is almost completely gone. I'm planning on buying a ONE controller for my future forays into PC-gaming.

The store I work in has yet to receive the Xbox Wireless Adaptor, but I'm planning to but a ONE controller today (the package with the Play and Charge kit included).

My question is, when I get home and fire up MGS V or The Witcher 3, will I be able to play with the rechargeable battery in the controller? Controller being hooked up to my pc through a USB cable of course? OS is Windows 10.

THANKS

UncleO

Hey guys.

My question is, when I get home and fire up MGS V or The Witcher 3, will I be able to play with the rechargeable battery in the controller? Controller being hooked up to my pc through a USB cable of course? OS is Windows 10.

THANKS

Yes you will be able to. I used my controller without batteries in them for months when connected to my PC.

Best part is that you can connect up to 8 controllers with one wireless adapter.

Can you only hook up 1 controller to this? I had originally heard you could connect up to 4 which would be perfect for local coop games from PC to TV

Firestorm

Can you only hook up 1 controller to this? I had originally heard you could connect up to 4 which would be perfect for local coop games from PC to TV
Can connect 4. Used this + a Bluetooth adapter and hooked up 4 XB1 and 4 PS4 controllers for 8 player Gang Beasts :3

Can connect 4. Used this + a Bluetooth adapter and hooked up 4 XB1 and 4 PS4 controllers for 8 player Gang Beasts :3

Definitely buying 1 for sure then. I've had varying experiences with bluetooth + PS4 controllers on my PC so hopefully this works better. Gotta go out and fork out the dough for 3 more controllers though.

Edit: Gang Beasts is specifically the game I'm most interested in as well.

Hasney

Managed to find one, sweet!

So what's the date of the latest driver? Not getting any rumble and clicking update driver or trying Windows Update does nothing.

knerl

Every time I reboot my computer I have to unplug and plug the adapter back in. It forgets my controller and it can't find it when I try to sync it. Unless I plug it out and back in.
Anyone else experiencing this?

Whats the range of controller/adapter?
I have my PC in the office room and want to play in the living room (two doors and about 10m distance).

Every time I reboot my computer I have to unplug and plug the adapter back in. It forgets my controller and it can't find it when I try to sync it. Unless I plug it out and back in.

YES. This happens to me and is a major buzzkill.

Yes and no.

I had the adapter connected to my monitor which acts like a powered hub, so when I rebooted I didn't have to resync.

When I unplugged it from the monitor and plugged it into the tower, I did have to resync. I guess it just needs power to maintain the sync, so if you have a powered hub or USB ports on your monitor, try that.

wait how do you do this? I haven't figured it out. I end up taking out a battery LOL.

Hold down the Xbox button for like 3-4 seconds and it turns off. The DS4 and IIRC, the Xbox 360 controllers were like this as well.

w0s

Hold down the Xbox button for like 3-4 seconds and it turns off. The DS4 and IIRC, the Xbox 360 controllers were like this as well.

That is weird I did that wondering if it would do the same thing but nothing. Maybe I didn't wait a full 4 seconds. Thanks!

knerl

Yes and no.

I had the adapter connected to my monitor which acts like a powered hub, so when I rebooted I didn't have to resync.

When I unplugged it from the monitor and plugged it into the tower, I did have to resync. I guess it just needs power to maintain the sync, so if you have a powered hub or USB ports on your monitor, try that.

Hope they fix this. Was never an issue with the 360 pad and it's wireless adapter.

I love the Xbox One controller, and I own one for the PC - but I've experienced issues in multiple games. So much so that I'm forced to plug in my old Xbox 360 controller. Something as recent as "Tales From the Borderlands" didn't work correctly with the Xbox One Controller. The triggers didn't work half the time, making the game practically impossible to play.

But back to topic, is anyone else having a hard time finding these in stores? (Best Buy, Frys)

That is weird I did that wondering if it would do the same thing but nothing. Maybe I didn't wait a full 4 seconds. Thanks!

Honestly, just hold it down until the light goes off. lol

But back to topic, is anyone else having a hard time finding these in stores? (Best Buy, Frys)

I had to go to two GameStops before I found one that had it. Each store only got two in, from what the clerk was telling me.

SOLDIER

Is the build quality of the Lunar White possibly worse than other XB1 controllers? I exchanged one that I bought because the A button would get stuck with every third press, and I'm not too keen on the exchanged controller either. I'm wondering if I'm better off trading it for another controller model.

Also, I'm still having the issue where I sometimes get a run-time error when I connect the controller (by turning on the guide button).

Is the build quality of the Lunar White possibly worse than other XB1 controllers? I exchanged one that I bought because the A button would get stuck with every third press, and I'm not too keen on the exchanged controller either. I'm wondering if I'm better off trading it for another controller model.

Also, I'm still having the issue where I sometimes get a run-time error when I connect the controller (by turning on the guide button).

I honestly haven't had either issue with my Lunar White.

mine is fine. sounds like you got a bad one

Top Bottom