• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

miku
self-deprecating
panties expert
(10-21-2015, 08:41 PM)
miku's Avatar


Inafune talks about Indie game and some Mighty No. 9 during the lecture at the Unreal Fest 2015 Yokohama Event.

I only glanced through it, more info from Gamespark, here are some rough translation I made for GAF:

-"Mighty No. 9 absolutely will not be delayed."
-"One of the reason of the delay is because of the numbers of platform."
-"How to make the impossible possible like Mega Man."
-"Cannot say it's a complete success yet since it still haven't been released."
-"The game needs to sell a lot of copies and many users playing it."
-"Sequel is planned if it were successful."
malfcn
Member
(10-21-2015, 08:42 PM)
malfcn's Avatar
How much does he want for the sequel?
Lights and Waves
Banned
(10-21-2015, 08:43 PM)
Girl BYE. This game deserves to flop miserably for the way this man has played with people's time and money.
Wario64
works for Gamestop (lol)
(10-21-2015, 08:43 PM)
Sequel is probably already planned regardless
Yonafunu
Member
(10-21-2015, 08:43 PM)
Yonafunu's Avatar
this guy
A-V-B
Member
(10-21-2015, 08:43 PM)
A-V-B's Avatar
In before that one picture of the tweet.

(Please don't post it this time. Let's kick fate to the curb!)
Fine Ham Abounds
Member
(10-21-2015, 08:43 PM)
Fine Ham Abounds's Avatar
Maybe the game was delayed so the sequel will be ready on the same day
chicagocubsfan
Member
(10-21-2015, 08:44 PM)
chicagocubsfan's Avatar
Can't wait for his next Kickstarter which will delay the game again.
spindashing
Ku Klux Kawaii
(10-21-2015, 08:44 PM)
spindashing's Avatar

Originally Posted by A-V-B

In before that one picture of the tweet.

(Please don't post it this time. Let's kick fate to the curb!)

sixteen-bit
Member
(10-21-2015, 08:44 PM)
will the 3DS ver be day and date with the others?
Triggerhappytel
Member
(10-21-2015, 08:44 PM)
Triggerhappytel's Avatar
It absolutely will not be delayed, after being delayed by 6+ months?!
Broritos
Member
(10-21-2015, 08:44 PM)
Broritos's Avatar

Originally Posted by A-V-B

In before that one picture of the tweet.

(Please don't post it this time. Let's kick fate to the curb!)

I don't know what this guy is talking about.

Someone please fill me in.

EDIT: k thx
TimmiT
Member
(10-21-2015, 08:44 PM)
TimmiT's Avatar
A sequel seems like a bad idea seeing how Red Ash has shown pretty well that people aren't really that interested in another not-Mega Man game by Inafune.
Last edited by TimmiT; 10-21-2015 at 08:47 PM.
Linkstrikesback
Member
(10-21-2015, 08:44 PM)
Linkstrikesback's Avatar
I hope he's not silly enough to try and kickstart the sequel. That would be the easiest way to get a horrid backlash.
chrono01
Member
(10-21-2015, 08:45 PM)
chrono01's Avatar
Last edited by chrono01; 10-21-2015 at 08:50 PM.
A-V-B
Member
(10-21-2015, 08:45 PM)
A-V-B's Avatar

Originally Posted by spindashing

Noooooo!!
Walpurgis
Banned
(10-21-2015, 08:45 PM)

Originally Posted by spindashing

Mr. X
Member
(10-21-2015, 08:46 PM)
Mr. X's Avatar
Starting to give Capcom the benefit of the doubt about this guy...
YianGaruga
Banned
(10-21-2015, 08:46 PM)
YianGaruga's Avatar
Thanks. I'm good for now
Hyrule Warrior
Banned
(10-21-2015, 08:46 PM)
Geez Inafune, just shut the fuck up. At first I was behind this game, but I'm so glad I didn't back it.
Vandiger
Member
(10-21-2015, 08:47 PM)
All that goodwill gone man.
Soka
Member
(10-21-2015, 08:47 PM)
Soka's Avatar

Originally Posted by Linkstrikesback

I hope he's not silly enough to try and kickstart the sequel. That would be the easiest way to get a horrid backlash.

If he slaps a $100,000 goal on there, I bet he still achieves it.
DrunkShogun
Member
(10-21-2015, 08:47 PM)
DrunkShogun's Avatar
Inafune just stop. This man has no patience. Inafune went from a underdog to plain arrogant. Release the game then you will know if it's time to start dreaming or not.
BiggNife
Member
(10-21-2015, 08:47 PM)
BiggNife's Avatar
After playing the Preview version I almost wish it was delayed more. It wasn't terrible but it feels sloppy in a way that I'm not convinced they could fix in 4 months.
DownGrader
Member
(10-21-2015, 08:47 PM)
DownGrader's Avatar
Wow, seems like Inafune really threw all his reputation down the toilet with this Kickstarter debacle. I hope this won't happen with other "spiritual successor" kickstarters like Bloodstained and Yooka-Laylee.
Pellegri Testament
Member
(10-21-2015, 08:47 PM)
Pellegri Testament's Avatar
Pls stahp, no one wants to continue his wild ride.
LiK
(10-21-2015, 08:48 PM)
LiK's Avatar
please stop talking before the actual game comes out.
Wowfunhappy
Member
(10-21-2015, 08:48 PM)
Wowfunhappy's Avatar
Geez guys, what has the guy done to warrant this type of reaction? He didn't say anything bad!

And the MN9 demo was relatively fun.
TheDinoman
Member
(10-21-2015, 08:49 PM)
TheDinoman's Avatar
Don't count your chickens before they hatch.
YianGaruga
Banned
(10-21-2015, 08:49 PM)
YianGaruga's Avatar

Originally Posted by Wowfunhappy

Geez guys, what has the guy done to warrant this type of reaction? He didn't say anything bad!

He talks and talks and plans to make big franchises and movies and tv shows and needs more and more money andvoice acting and does another KS for a game and an anime before the first one is out and and

and there's still no game. And what people played of the game is so-so

All people wanted was another cool Mega Man. Not any of this other crap
Last edited by YianGaruga; 10-21-2015 at 08:51 PM.
Devilgunman
Member
(10-21-2015, 08:50 PM)
Devilgunman's Avatar
Very generic response tbh. You can use those for any game. Like,

-"Tony Hawk Underground 3 absolutely will not be delayed."
-"One of the reason of the delay is because of the numbers of platform."
-"How to make the impossible possible like Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5."
-"Cannot say it's a complete success yet since it still haven't been released."
-"The game needs to sell a lot of copies and many users playing it."
-"Sequel is planned if it were successful."
DownGrader
Member
(10-21-2015, 08:50 PM)
DownGrader's Avatar

Originally Posted by Wowfunhappy

Geez guys, what has the guy done to warrant this type of reaction? He didn't say anything bad!

And the MN9 demo was relatively fun.

It's the combination of looking way into future while there's still a lot of work in the present and really bad timing.

Originally Posted by Devilgunman

Very generic response tbh. You can use those for any game. Like,

-"Tony Hawk Underground 3 absolutely will not be delayed."
-"One of the reason of the delay is because of the numbers of platform."
-"How to make the impossible possible like Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5."
-"Cannot say it's a complete success yet since it still haven't been released."
-"The game needs to sell a lot of copies and many users playing it."
-"Sequel is planned if it were successful."

-"The Legend of Zelda for Wii U absolutely will not be delayed."
-"One of the reason of the delay is because of the numbers of platform."
-"How to make the impossible possible like Twilight Princess HD."
-"Cannot say it's a complete success yet since it still haven't been released."
-"The game needs to sell a lot of copies and many users playing it."
-"Sequel is planned if it were successful."

Huh... that's fun!
Last edited by DownGrader; 10-21-2015 at 08:52 PM.
Foffy
Member
(10-21-2015, 08:51 PM)
Foffy's Avatar

Originally Posted by Wario64

Sequel is probably already planned regardless

Hahaha, this is so fucking true.
Grief.exe
Don't stop believin'~~~ hold on to the feeling
(10-21-2015, 08:51 PM)
Grief.exe's Avatar
Prediction: they are going to get obliterated when they turn to Kickstarter for the sequel.
Wowfunhappy
Member
(10-21-2015, 08:51 PM)
Wowfunhappy's Avatar

Originally Posted by YianGaruga

He talks and talks and plans to make big franchises and movies and tv shows and needs more and more money and and does another KS for a game and an anime before the first one is out and and

and there's still no game. And what people played of the game is so-so

The game is just about ready though. It's not like he took everyone's money and ran with it.
Dunkley
Member
(10-21-2015, 08:52 PM)
Dunkley's Avatar

Originally Posted by Grief.exe

Prediction: they are going to get obliterated when they turn to Kickstarter for the sequel.

Don't worry if the Kickstarter bombs he'll reveal that some company is gonna fund it anyway.
BadWolf
Member
(10-21-2015, 08:53 PM)
BadWolf's Avatar
Why is the kickstarter for the sequel not up yet?
DownGrader
Member
(10-21-2015, 08:54 PM)
DownGrader's Avatar

Originally Posted by BadWolf

Why is the kickstarter for the sequel not up yet?

Gotta fund an anime and the new brand of cereal first
Dreadx_Jecht
Banned
(10-21-2015, 08:55 PM)
Sequel for a game that's not even out yet? Who does inafune think he is?
Son Of D
Member
(10-21-2015, 08:55 PM)
Son Of D's Avatar

Originally Posted by BadWolf

Why is the kickstarter for the sequel not up yet?

There's a secret message if you complete MN09 100% that's just a link to the kickstarter for MN09-2 as well as the Pop Funko figures and the animated trilogy Blu Ray set.
Iva Demilcol
Member
(10-21-2015, 08:55 PM)
Iva Demilcol's Avatar
I will never understand the backlash against this game, specially because I keep reading people saying "it's a scam because it doesn't look like this piece of art they never said it was representative of the graphics of the game".
nynt9
Member
(10-21-2015, 08:56 PM)
nynt9's Avatar
obligatory (since the tweet was already posted)



Originally Posted by Iva Demilcol

I will never understand the backlash against this game, specially because I keep reading people saying "it's a scam because it doesn't look like this piece of art they never said it was representative of the graphics of the game".

I will never understand why people act willfully ignorant about all the shit Inafune has pulled and straw man the criticism into one facet of it.
TimmiT
Member
(10-21-2015, 08:56 PM)
TimmiT's Avatar

Originally Posted by Iva Demilcol

I will never understand the backlash against this game, specially because I keep reading people saying "it's a scam because it doesn't look like this piece of art they never said it was representative of the graphics of the game".

I think calling the game a scam is going too far, but it's definitely a disappointment. And not just because it doesn't look like the concept art.
JordanN
Junior Member
(10-21-2015, 08:57 PM)
JordanN's Avatar
I've been waiting 6 years to play a new Mega Man game.
Mozendo
Member
(10-21-2015, 08:58 PM)
Mozendo's Avatar
I don't want sequels I want spin-offs.
Where's my Mighty No. 9 ZX Advent
Ultimadrago
Member
(10-21-2015, 08:58 PM)
Ultimadrago's Avatar

Originally Posted by TimmiT

A sequel seems like a bad idea seeing how Red Ash has shown pretty well that people aren't really that interested in another not-Mega Man game by Inafune.

Originally Posted by spindashing

Kamiya I warned me. And now I lost $15 I'm never getting back.
WhateverItTakes
Dr. Pavel, I'm with the CIA.
(10-21-2015, 08:58 PM)
WhateverItTakes's Avatar

Originally Posted by spindashing

May as well put them all in.

Anth0ny
Member
(10-21-2015, 08:59 PM)
Anth0ny's Avatar
god damn don't make a sequel

GOD DAMN don't announce a sequel before the first game even comes out

inafune god damn it
TheSlySoul
Member
(10-21-2015, 09:00 PM)
TheSlySoul's Avatar
It's ok, the sequel will be delayed instead.
Quonny
Member
(10-21-2015, 09:00 PM)
Quonny's Avatar
This is going to be hilarious to watch if it hits Kickstarter.

Thread Tools