• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Mobile Gacha Games: Gatcha hand on your wallet and I'm never letting go!

Permanently A

After playing KH unchained I can't go back to any other gacha game. The fact that they let you upgrade the shitty free medals into the same exact premium medals from the gacha is just amazing to me.

chrono01

English release maybe? Looks cool
It's definitely getting a Global/English release, it's already been confirmed (as being "later this year"). The game looks fun, and not too similar to Brave Frontier which many people thought it would be a direct copy of.

I'll definitely give it a try when it releases!

Such low quality mobile game. Again.
I think it looks decent. The in-game graphic style is good.
It's better than any of those cheap 3D mobile games anyway.

Unless you meant gameplay-wise, but no idea until we actually play it.
New mobile games nowadays tend to be really shallow in content.

MiTYH

One Piece is my favorite comic.

What's great about its gacha? Is the RNG miserable like FFRK?

OPTC is one of my top games, although I am biased as well

Gacha is as dacha does. All about getting characters, multiple versions sometimes but all with different abilities. There's a thread on the community board and onepiecetc reddit board as well.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
One Piece is my favorite comic.

What's great about its gacha? Is the RNG miserable like FFRK?

it's not so dependent on super powerful units as the game relies more on team composition and exploiting weaknesses except for endgame stuff, but by endgame you have already probably pull a good unit while playing normally so it doesn't matter, plus you can do events at low levels since they have difficulty tiers. Only the raids are strictly endgame activities. The gacha isn't terrible, the game is generous with its premium currency and it nails the OP aesthetic.

Error

just tried tri-Ace new gacha game Heaven x Inferno, sweet baby jesus. Game looks amazing and run extremely well in my Nexus 5. This is how you code a fucking game Cygames, you can dl it via Qoopoo now. Very impressed, prepare to have your battery murdered though.

some screenies

20160329021441a0ed962p0rkstpzr.jpg

20160329021452a0ed962vrmr5k71g.jpg

kbp_heavenxinferno_game1.jpg

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
just tried tri-Ace new gacha game Heaven x Inferno, sweet baby jesus. Game looks amazing and run extremely well in my Nexus 5. This is how you code a fucking game Cygames, you can dl it via Qoopoo now. Very impressed, prepare to have your battery murdered though.

some screenies

You said it runs well but are the battles slow? Videos were posted a couple of weeks ago and I couldn't tell if it was just impossible to get running well or if the battle animations were just that slow.

Error

there wasnt't any framerate dips when I played the tutorial/intro battle.

I think the game automatically detects your phone specs and adjusts accordingly, there 2 versions of the game an HD one, and an ordinary version apparently. I'm probably running in the low settings options. But it looks good anyway.

I wish I knew what I was doing, looks nice though, will wait for some translations if any shows up

MiTYH

We all need new pokemon games, right? This is from Serebii:

The App, Pokémon Komaster, has just been released in Japan on Google Play, with iOS support to come shortly. This game is a board game where you select multiple various figures and have to try and take over the board using your figures against opponent figures. It's a free to play game and allows you to purchase diamonds in order to get better figures and items. You need Android 2.3.3 or higher to run and it requires 41MB to initially install. We'll be covering this game in full over the coming days so keep checking back.

Edit @ 07:45: There are figures of various rarity. The rarest of the figures are Charizard, Venusaur, Dialga and Palkia which each have a 0.5% chance of appearing when you buy a Single pack. Each Rare figure has a 1.5% chance of appearing and each Ultra Common figure has a 7.16-7.17% chance of appearing. All of the figures can be levelled up through gameplay. Much like the Trading Figure game, attacks are done by spinning, and damage inflicted depends on where the figure lands.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
GOT DAM, SanSuma updated today by making their 1gig app into 500mb.
As someone with space issues, it's a godsend.

Vhalyar

I got back into Crusaders Quest, pretty fun. Are there any other similar games out there? CQ's Heroes Charge-esque gameplay with the added matching stuff is really fun.

Need to find more like that to play during energy downtime :)

bjork

Finally took the plunge into buying JP app store codes online, got some pretty solid characters for Crows X Worst V. The process was much simpler than I had anticipated, not sure what I was expecting, exactly.

Also I found it weird that the game itself lists things in dollars, but you still use yen to buy items.

Dandte

gumi Inc. and Fuji&gumi Games has announced the global release of turn-based tactical RPG, Phantom of the Kill in North America and Europe. Players around the globe can now download Phantom of the Kill free for iOS and Android devices

congrats your wait is over.

and now the good news:

Valiant force will be published by FunPlus not by Gumi. Soft Launch in July.

chrono01

Phantom of the Kill is now live, Global Version
Quick! Better play it now before Gumi decides, in six months time, to cease support for the game and shut down their PotK servers, in favor of their hot/new IP about to launch. The clock is ticking!

Yes, I'm still bitter over Chain Chronicle closing down. :/

bjork

So I'm switching to a new phone, as I broke the screen on my old one and it is definitely on its last legs. My question is about account transfers: are there common terms I can look for in issuing passwords or data transfer? I did One Piece and Puzzle and Dragons today, but those are english. Any help would be swell.

Edit- scratch that, I think I got it. Crows is moved and I think I have professional baseball moving properly. Yay me for figuring it out!

Square Enix's new mobile FF game "Samurai Rising" is out now.
JP only. Android and ios link.

screen322x572.jpeg

I'm not a fan of action RPGs on mobile where you tap constantly, but maybe someone else wants to check it out.

jengo

Square Enix's new mobile FF game "Samurai Rising" is out now.
JP only. Android and ios link.

screen322x572.jpeg

I'm not a fan of action RPGs on mobile where you tap constantly, but maybe someone else wants to check it out.

So far it's fun, but they've been struggling with server issues ("Maintenance Rising", amirite). I prefer the aesthetic to Shiro Neko, but I also loves me some counter attacks in my battle system (rolling here doesn't seem to offer a counter move, though I haven't played all the jobs yet).

Surprised no one's been talking about the "Mobile Monster Hunter MMO clone", Dragon Project. Runs like ass on my Note 3, but looks super interesting.

Azusa

Top Bottom