• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami announces new Contra game, the series latest installment for China market

miku

rDh3QIT.jpg

Not much news

-No Kojima
-In collaboration with one of China's largest Internet company, Tencent
-Contra (tentative title)
-For iOS/Android
-Side-scroll shooting game
-Microtransactions

Famitsu

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Exactly what I expected

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
That's Contra 3's first level iirc.

I owned C3 many years ago. I'd finish it with a neighbor friend like every week.

UberTag

Microtransactions in Contra? How would that work?
Probably like quarters in an arcade.
Pay money now to restart. Otherwise, wait xx minutes/hours.
Perhaps some additional cheats you can pay for so you can insta-win and feel like a man.

Microtransactions in Contra? How would that work?

Pay for continues. I actually think these types of games make perfect sense for microtransactions. It's like an arcade game. Though I'd never, ever, ever, play game like this on my phone.

I hope that the lives are tied to a countdown clock. Died three times already? Too bad, buy 3 more or wait for 30 minutes. edit:
For the haters

If it's Contra 3 rehash I am in anyway.

kubricks

Not Pachinko? No erotic violence?
Regardless, "for China market" just mean low quality, no fucks given.

mauaus

I wish Konami would just die already, they are clearly not gonna give me another suikoden game, so fuck them

Teknoman

Really dont think you should have posted a screenshot of Contra 3, when there is no image of what the actual game indicated will look like. Contra logo would've sufficed.

Yes Contra is serious business. And yeah i'm ready to attack aggressively at the fact that its mobile.

I wish we had a Contra collection that spanned NES, SNES, Genesis, PS2, DS, DSi and Wii, and had last gen Hard CORPS on there for the hell of it.

How on earth would you be able to play this properly on a phone?

Well, Contra (1, Super C, 3 at least) is kinda interesting because it does need twitch controls but then again the controls are a bit floaty. Only hard thing is ducking so as long as there are huge "shoot continuously", "run forward", "jump" and "crouch" buttons I don't see why there would be any problems playing this at decent level.

Top Bottom