• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Get Splatoon for 20% off on the eShop if you played the Testfire demo until 11/16

Brother booted up his Wii U 30 minutes ago and sent me this pic:

hQbs626.jpg

Didn't confirm myself but I also don't see any news of this online. I guess this is the cheapest way to get Splatoon if you haven't owned it already?

Lock if not fresh.

Jawmuncher

Probably the best deal for those who want it digitally, don't see it being much cheaper during back Friday digitally.

Vena

The game is, what, 2gigs? Its fairly light footprint for digital/WiiU for those worried about space.

ryushe

I really hope this is also for those who downloaded the stress test cause I never got a chance to actually play it..

Bought, finally.

Cancelled my Black Ops 3 and Battlefront pre-orders, as I'll wait to see if there are any Black Friday deals. CoD is usually $30-$35 on Black Friday, so we'll see.

For those asking: I don't think I ever got to play a match during the test fire, but the discount was still there for me.

Guamu

Oh well. You've been enjoying the game for six months. Post-launch sales happen all the time. This will hopefully increase the playerbase.

I hope that this deal will bring more sweet noob blood
paint?
to the game.
Who am I kidding? They'll probably kick my ass

C-Drive

I don't really get this line of thinking in regards to a discount (this far after release) - someone downloaded a time-limited demo, so let's give them a discount. Why not have just a general 20% sale for everyone?

ryushe

Bought, finally.

Cancelled my Black Ops 3 and Battlefront pre-orders, as I'll wait to see if there are any Black Friday deals. CoD is usually $30-$35 on Black Friday, so we'll see.

For those asking: I don't think I ever got to play a match during the test fire, but the discount was still there for me.
I'm going to be so happy if this is true. This was literally the only game I wanted this year that I didn't already have.

DooD1234

This game is so good I'm actually thinking about buying this game again digitally so I don't have to switch game every time I want to play a few matches (hours).

Seriously give the test fire demo a try and get the game for 20% off if you like what you played. Literally top 3 most played game for Wii U for me alongside Smash and Mario Kart 8.

I don't really get this line of thinking in regards to a discount (this far after release) - someone downloaded a time-limited demo, so let's give them a discount. Why not have just a general 20% sale for everyone?

Nintendo generally really doesn't do these kind of discounts for their own games, especially for games that aren't even a year old. I guess they felt if they're gonna do a sale for one of their games, it would only be for those who actually might have played it before but are still on the fence.

bryehn

Part of me wants this because I can play it with/in front of my kid, but I've heard bad things about the way content is handled in terms of playlists/restricting access to content.

I'm a Destiny player fwiw. How does Splatoon work (content-wise) in a nutshell.

Part of me wants this because I can play it with/in front of my kid, but I've heard bad things about the way content is handled in terms of playlists/restricting access to content.

I'm a Destiny player fwiw. How does Splatoon work (content-wise) in a nutshell.

There's quite a bit of content now and it's unlocked fairly regularly by leveling up in MP and playing through the single player campaign.

The main problem is how maps are accessed. You can only play on two maps every four hours. It's incredibly obnoxious but the rest of the game is so solid, it's worth putting up with.

Seriously, it's worth putting up with....don't let it detract you from the game.

JulianImp

Cool! I liked playing the demo but still didn't feel like paying full price for the game, so I'm definitely tempted by the offer.

I want to get it, but I'll stay strong until Black Friday. Although I know Nintendo games rarely go on sale which is a huge bummer.

Malus

There's quite a bit of content now and it's unlocked fairly regularly by leveling up in MP and playing through the single player campaign.

The main problem is how maps are accessed. You can only play on two maps every four hours. It's incredibly obnoxious but the rest of the game is so solid, it's worth putting up with.

Seriously, it's worth putting up with....don't let it detract you from the game.

I actually like the map rotations. If I could access everything at any time I'd get burned out faster. It's refreshing to see a map or mode in rotation that you haven't played in a while. And you know this obviously, but you can play whatever map/mode you want in friend battles.

Irobot82

One of my kids snapped the game disc and broke it, this isn't a bad deal but I kind of don't want to replace their game since they broke it.

Top Bottom