• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu News (no more fakes!)

Amir0x

Banned
Y2Kevbug11 said:
I can see the scores, I want to know what they saaaaaid!

9 - It is DS, and an RPG. We can see, it is very like classic FF. Oh yes, because it is a remake. Well, then it is very good.

8 - The CG opening is very impressive for DS. Dungeons look good remade. Sometimes, I use a potion. Not so cute without more dogs to pet.

9 - I look at this cartridge, it says Final Fantasy III. It excites me much, so that i fill with nostalgia.

8 - It has a good balance, and the characters look very fancy in 3D. On a handheld, we see that this is well suited for play and has good music.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Amir0x said:
9 - It is DS, and an RPG. We can see, it is very like classic FF. Oh yes, because it is a remake. Well, then it is very good.

8 - The CG opening is very impressive for DS. Dungeons look good remade. Sometimes, I use a potion. Not so cute without more dogs to pet.

9 - I look at this cartridge, it says Final Fantasy III. It excites me much, so that i fill with nostalgia.

8 - It has a good balance, and the characters look very fancy in 3D. On a handheld, we see that this is well suited for play and has good music.

:lol :lol

Matix

Amir0x said:

sqlaughcolorvq2.jpg

Symytry

SuperSonic1305 said:
Your acting as though the GBA didn't have ports. Infact most of the top selling games were ports and the GBA was a huge success.

Yeah, but the GBA was only $100, not $300

ethelred

duckroll said:
WOW How did I miss this! Sorry DS fans for not posting this earlier....

Lunamis Ark (DS)

- SRPG developed by Image Epoch
- Music by MITSUDA
- Character design by Shino (柴乃)
- Published by Marvelous

Nice, sounds great. I've been massively disappointed by the dearth of SRPGs on the DS so far besides ASH and Lost Magic... nice to see another one announced. And Mitsuda music is never a bad thing (though as Deep Labyrinth proves, it can't save a truly horrible game).

Anyone know any other games Image Epoch has developed? I'm not familiar with them.

duckroll

More info about Lunamis Ark:

- Mitsuda is sound producer, the character designer is Shibano Kaito (http://kr3.oops.jp/)
- 70% complete

Image Epoch seems to not have any official game credits since they've done a ton of subcontract work for tons of companies (Capcom, N1, Gonzo, etc). Their website is here: http://imageepoch.co.jp

More Riviera PSP info:

- Over 50 new illustrations in the game

Final Fantasy V GBA:

- New opening
- New jobs: Gladiator and Demolition Expert

More info on Armored Core OVA:

- The title is Armoed Core Fort Tower Song
- Two volumes
- The main character is an original character named Sparrow

pwnedz

duckroll said:
Armored Core 4 (PS3)

- November release
- Screenshots and effects are supposedly awesome
- High speed boosting allows mechs to move at over 1000 kmph
- 2 part anime OVA (Armored Core Fort Tower Song) to be released in 2007 Spring
Are there any screenshots on the web?

ethelred

duckroll said:
More info about Lunamis Ark:

- Mitsuda is sound producer, the character designer is Shibano Kaito (http://kr3.oops.jp/)
- 70% complete

Image Epoch seems to not have any official game credits since they've done a ton of subcontract work for tons of companies (Capcom, N1, Gonzo, etc). Their website is here: http://imageepoch.co.jp\

The character designer seems to have a fair bit of talent:

20041224xy4.jpg

Even so (and even despite Mitsuda), no official credits to the company means I switch over to skepticism mode regarding the game's quality until we see some images and I can see their artistic style and production values.

Since it's 70% complete, shouldn't take too long.

Sad_Panda

Supposedly there's another Harvest Moon game in Famitsu titled "Bokujô Monogatari Kimi to Sodatsu Shima" for the Nintendo DS...any news, duckroll ? 'cause this sounds like a perfect title for the Wii version, which takes place on an island.

duckroll

No FF3 review text yet, but here are some GG Judgement and Rune Factory review comments.

Judgement:

- Sidescrolling portion is repetitve but not badly paced
- Difficulty is good for beginners but the second half of the game isn't as well balanced
- Slash rocks, so the volume is satisfactory

Rune Factory:

- Leads the player well into the game systems
- There are flaws but the game is enjoyable so you get over them
- There are many repetive portions in the game but they're not annoying
- Damn why isn't there an auto-arrange function for Items
- The game gives you freedom, but also explains itself well so you don't get lost
- Touchscreen control is well implemented
- Not a standard RPG, but instead something more evolved and unique

Oda

ivysaur12 said:
Wow... it sounds JUST like Magical Melody.

Boo.
I was thinking the same thing, considering we only just got MM less than 6 months ago. Plus this'll be the third HM to look exactly the same after IAWL and MM, and that's kinda pushing it. Of course, I'm not even really sure how else they could do the visuals... A next-gen super cel-shaded style like STH but amped up even more would be pretty cool, and I wonder if a realistic looking HM might work.

I hope they do some more stuff like that with this series this gen.

EDIT: Also, kinda wierd that From cancelled those two PS3 titles, yet it seems they're going to be releasing the PS3 version of AC4 first. Implies it maybe isn't exactly due to a dislike for the system architecture or anything. Hoepfully they just shelved 'em in favor of other, so far unannounced titles; I hope we get to see more of From's better talent on the PS3.

duckroll

More info on Lunamis Ark:

- Standard fantasy SRPG with ADV parts where characters talk, and then SLG parts where you fight the battles
- Touchpen control can be set to be right or left handed
- SLG parts use the standard top down view
- Deathblows can be used when you fill up the Drive Guage
- Characters all seem to have voices, but no voice actors have been mentioned

Bo130

duckroll said:
No scans yet, when there are pics I'll be starting a new thread for the game, since I think people would be interesting in a new full fledged strategy RPG on the DS with a Mitsuda soundtrack. :)

Of course we are :D Thanks for the information anyway :)

Cherubae

Sad_Panda said:
Supposedly there's another Harvest Moon game in Famitsu titled "Bokujô Monogatari Kimi to Sodatsu Shima" for the Nintendo DS...any news, duckroll ? 'cause this sounds like a perfect title for the Wii version, which takes place on an island.

http://www.vipper.org/vip310047.jpg ?

*afterthought*
this could just be the japanese version of Puzzle de HM perhaps?

The Wii Harvest Moon Heroes game looks VERY nice indeed.

compare that to the GC version!
Not the greatest comparison, but lots of differences
GC
harvest-moon-another-wonderful-life-20050524010558862.jpg

Wii
53531520060809_155518_0_big.jpg

StephaneC

DefectiveReject said:

GC
harvest-moon-another-wonderful-life-20050524010558862.jpg

Wii
53531520060809_155518_0_big.jpg
hummm ... look similar

duckroll

Okay okay because of POPULAR DEMAND ONLY (im no Harvest Moon fan):

Harvest Moon - The Island I grew up on (DS)

- You can grow rice
- Male and female character (you choose one)
- You and your family (brother, sister, mother, father) live on an island
- Completely touchpen driven control for movement
- The d-pad corresponds with the four onscreen item icons

duckroll said:
Okay okay because of POPULAR DEMAND ONLY (im no Harvest Moon fan):

Harvest Moon - The Island I grew up on (DS)

- You can grow rice
- Male and female character (you choose one)
- You and your family (brother, sister, mother, father) live on an island
- Completely touchpen driven control for movement
- The d-pad corresponds with the four onscreen item icons

this and the Wii game are set on an Island! Connectivity??

Amir0x

Banned
DefectiveReject said:

GC
*pic*
Wii
*pic*

Impossible to compare fairly, but this comparrison only leads in the direction that they look exactly the same :lol

ethelred

Another new Harvest Moon for DS? Cool. That's four now.

And yeah, it would be cool if they did connectivity between the new DS game and the Wii game.

Sad_Panda

Cherubae said:
http://www.vipper.org/vip310047.jpg ?

*afterthought*
this could just be the japanese version of Puzzle de HM perhaps?

Nah, it's not Puzzle de Harvest Moon japanese version. Seems like it's another typical Harvest Moon game, where you can choose between a boy (Mark) and a girl (Chelsea). Scheduled for a December release in Japan.

Okay, saw duckroll's post - thanks dude.

reriel

so, in the end, it's true which in next famitsu there will be a major rpg scoop ?
duckroll say yes, jonnyram say no, what's true ?

Cherubae

Sad_Panda said:
Nah, it's not Puzzle de Harvest Moon japanese version. Seems like it's another typical Harvest Moon game, where you can choose between a boy (Mark) and a girl (Chelsea). Scheduled for a December release in Japan.

Okay, saw duckroll's post - thanks dude.

Aaah yes, I see that now too. Guess I needed to keep reading 2ch's RF thread :lol

duckroll

reriel said:
so, in the end, it's true which in next famitsu there will be a major rpg scoop ?
duckroll say yes, jonnyram say no, what's true ?

What! I see nothing in the original post
anymore
so I don't know what you're talking about! I
deleted any evidence that the information was posted so
I don't think
anyone will blame me that
it
doesn't
exists!

Does anyone know what Golden Sun 1&2 received for Famitsu?

Based on what I can see, GS is the closest handheld game I can think of in the spirit of FF3, so it'd be nice for a comparison.

Top Bottom