• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rise of the Tomb Raider OT | Feat. 20% more tombs and 75% more chastising OP's title

Hahaha!

nSG7c15.png

SHIT SON!

jelly

Rise of the Tomb Raider |OT| Because I'm Worth It.

L'Oreal hair.

Rise of the Tomb Raider |OT| She Can Do This Cold Blooded

Rise of the Tomb Raider |OT| English Antique Hunting Killing Machine

just gonna copy and paste my initial impressions.

Between impressions like this and a quick glance at the review thread looks like I'll be keeping my E3 order. I was a bit hesitant since I have mixed feeling on the previous game (that ultimately end up being more positive than negative) but I'm ready to jump in and give it another shot.

I'm actually more excited for this game than I am Fallout 4...

Yeah me too by far. I thoroughly enjoyed the last game so this is probably one of my most anticipated games in some time. I just couldn't get into Fallout 3 so not a whole lot of interest in 4. So it's Tomb Raider plus Just Cause 3 for me for the rest of this year (and maybe Earth Defense Force).

Oneself

TR2013 was great, f the haters. If I had a One I'd be all over Rise. More of the same + tombs is garanteed to be a good time.

Anyone knows if the PS4 version is handled by Nixxes? I'd love that, especially if they try to hit 60fps again.

Flintty

The new title should be:

Rise of the Tomb Raider |OT|: Uncharted lite; will buy next year; ludonarrative dissonance galore; AAA check-list, the game; nothing like the original games; insert Kaz Hirai CEO quotation here.

Rise of the Tomb Raider OT | Feat. 20% more tombs and 80% more salt from Playstation Fanboys

See, it works both ways ;)

Still discussing OT title this many pages in makes me sad :(

I was waiting for after Xmas to get this in January but I think I will bite early. I loved the first one and this sounds like it's headed in the right direction!

ArjanN

The new title should be:

Rise of the Tomb Raider |OT|: Uncharted lite; will buy next year; ludonarrative dissonance galore; AAA check-list, the game; nothing like the original games; insert Kaz Hirai CEO quotation here.

Lol.
More people complaining for the thread title than people making jokes out of it.
It's a joke c'mon.

It's a big console AAA exclusive thread, there's going to be tons of fanboyism back and forth as is, no need to add fuel to the fire.

More realistic title:
Rise of the Tomb Raider |OT|: A thread where a lot of console warriors will get banned.

I've really enjoyed all of the Crystal Dynamics games, and thought the reboot was the best of them all. Partly that comes from my love of games with a strong sense of place, and Tomb Raider did a fantastic job with it's island setting. Rarely do I continue playing a game after I have beaten it to find all the little doo dads, but with Tomb Raider I did just that because I wasn't done spending time on that island.

I know this one is going to be more jet setty like the previous games, and I'm okay with that. I won't be surprised if I find this the weaker of the two, but I'll stop buying CD's Tomb Raider games day one when they start letting me down. Strong reviews would suggest that tomorrow is not the day the start letting me down.

I haven't been following trailers. I don't know the story. All I know of the locations is that there is snow and there is not snow. No idea about the characters.

The last one had great game play and beautiful visuals. This one is at least going to tick both of those boxes... so I can't wait. Obviously. Buying the Xbox One version sort of states that.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
I'm pretty damn hyped for this game, hope it reviews well.

Edit: Somehow I missed the review thread on this same page lol. Reviews seem very good!

Drewfonse

I'm really looking forward to this. A number of reviews have listed the story as a plus, which was unexpected. Should be great.

Add me to the "I was gonna get Fallout 4...." camp

Pilgrimzero

I just want to know if they give her the iconic dual pistols in this game or are they still trying to make Katniss... i mean Lara... a bow user.

Navy Bean

Decided to get this before Fallout 4... Can't wait to jump into a good action/adventure after playing a ton of FPS's lately. Any idea on length?

KorrZ

Getting shipped out from Amazon for me today but I probably won't be playing it for a few weeks until after I finish Fallout.

For those that didn't know Best Buy is running a deal right now where if you buy Tomb Raider you can get Madden, Fifa, GTAV, Forza 6, or Halo 5 for $25 off.

Eos

Since FO4 runs like shit, I'll probably just pick this up instead. I liked the 2013 tomb raider game.

Squire

Banned
I'm really looking forward to this. A number of reviews have listed the story as a plus, which was unexpected. Should be great.

Add me to the "I was gonna get Fallout 4...." camp

Same. I kinda like that some people didn't like it too, though. I'm interested to see how it goes for me. I enjoyed the story in Halo 5 when most people didn't like it in reviews.

I really enjoyed Tomb Raider (2013), and was waiting till reviews drop before I pre-ordered. Now that I've read a few of them, I've got my preorder locked in. Can't wait to check it out!

Fallout has been getting some awesome reviews as well, I think I'm going to have to wait for later in the year to pick that up (mostly due to time constraints).

Been waiting like a mother fucker all year. :D
Hurry up and ship my copy Microsoft!
(taps fork against crystal dish ala Fancy Feast)

Bwahahaha!
bigstock_Kitten_Licking_Lips_26547992.jpg

rob305

Cant wait for tonight, game is preordered and sitting on my xbox. I have a feeling this is going to be my GOTY (this or just cause 3)

dreamfall

SO EXCITED!

Ready to just spend a ton of time exploring, collecting and changing outfits ! The tombs sound so much better this go!

Top Bottom