• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Fallout 4] Modding "Fallout 4". Mods and discussion within

Soodanim

Gold Member
Does anyone know what happened to the bullet sound mod that sounded like cracks? It's been removed now, and I'm sad.

I wonder if one of those "Essential mod" pages like the ones for Skyrim etc has been started yet. Things like Lowered Weapons, Full Dialogue Interface and Better Item Sorting are things I really wouldn't want to play without now.

Thanks to GavinUK86 I've just found out about the Easy To See mods. I didn't do that much exploring on save 1, but I'm willing to bet I missed at least one! I barely got any stat bobbles, I know that much.

when i get my PC soon im gonna use ZONERS RESHADE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGzrPV2wtyU

absolutely beautiful

That looks pretty nice, but I'm not sure whether I like how it mutes the colours. The overall effect is pretty good though, I might try it out.

im surprised there are no crosshair mods yet

id like a simple red dot

Me too. All I want to do is replace the four line crosshair like this:
crosshair-3.png~c200

with the dot when you have your weapon holstered.

Jedi2016

This may be a stupid question, but here it goes anyway. Do mods like this impact performance at all? Logical answer would be yes. I'm just making sure.
Not those, no. They're the exact same textures, he just fiddled with the contrast and sharpness. The lazy way of "improving visuals". That's always the first round of "texture" mods, they don't actually do anything. Wait for the ones that actually create all-new textures from scratch, then we're talking (like the shotgun texture mod).

GECK

I'm over 70 hours into the game. I haven't seen Dogmeat since the first 4 hours of it. This will definitely be helpful.

He chills by a doghouse if there is one around. Sanctuary has two or three them kinda hidden behind houses so check there.

HoodWinked

Any metric of what's possible to modify gameplay wise without the FO4 GECK out yet?

Was thinking of throwing together something that gives the classic amount of starting SPECIAL points and disables spending perk points to raise SPECIAL (Unless someone's done it already)

Is there a mod to automatically scrap everything within the building area? I'm tired of running around trying to find stuff and I just want to get rid of it all in one go.
70ccX17.png

I'd prefer to not have to install the infinite size mod.

Binary Speech Checks
I got tired of failing speech checks despite having 10 Charisma so I made this very simple file that makes Speech checks binary like in New Vegas.
This means that as long you meet the requirement you are guaranteed success in speech checks and if you don't then you are guaranteed failure!

(Normal Edition) The Normal Edition that I recommend you use.
Yellow(Easy) = 4
Orange(Normal) = 6
Red(Hard) = 8
Pretty neat, I guess.

Durable Vertibirds
Increases the health of all Vertibirds. They should get shot down less, now.

The main file roughly doubles their health. Let me know if it's too strong or too weak and I may change it.

The optional replacement file "Deadly Vertibirds" increases their armor and damage in addition to their health.
They shot down so easily. Even a single raider can take one down.

Mega Explosions

So I tried to install three mods manually, and now my game is stuck with my character staring at the ground and I can't move, shoot, or do anything other than close the game. I uninstalled all of the mods and its still the same...

Anyone experience something similar or know how to fix it? Thanks.

So I tried to install three mods manually, and now my game is stuck with my character staring at the ground and I can't move, shoot, or do anything other than close the game. I uninstalled all of the mods and its still the same...

I had that exact issue, it happened during a conversation, I had to reload a old save a hour back and just avoided the conversation with that person and that hasnt happened again since.

I've installed numerous mods (I have about 10 installed right now), and never had that kind of issue so far.
Try installing them through Nexus Mod Manager.

I had that exact issue, it happened during a conversation, I had to reload a old save a hour back and just avoided the conversation with that person and that hasnt happened again since.

Just reloaded all of my saves and its still doing it. I deleted and reinstalled the entire game as well. Fuck.

I've installed numerous mods (I have about 10 installed right now), and never had that kind of issue so far.
Try installing them through Nexus Mod Manager.

I also tried this, didn't work...

What mods did you install?

I've installed 100 mods with over 100 hours of gametime, and I've had no issues like that.

edit: try resetting your .inis (remove them, make a backup if you want to and verify cache via Steam)

I wouldn't recommend installing that TOP mod, it makes the game looks more ugly, and it barely helped with my performance anyway. Use the Vivid Landscape & Rock mods instead, while they make the game looks better, they also use less vram than vanilla. I have easy hacking installed so I'm pretty sure it's not the cause. I haven't tried the full dialogue mod though.

Try installing them one by one and see if the game works fine with one of each installed. That way, you can see which mod that is causing you the issue.

I ended up deleting everything and redownloading the game, finally got it running normally again. Sticking to the mod manager from now on, I dunno what I screwed up but I guess it was important.

Thanks for all the help! Those texture mods seem to be helping a good bit with my framerate.

Top Bottom