• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Jonnyram
(08-10-2006, 07:48 AM)
NOTE: If you are some gimp from Jeux France or Ruliweb, and you can't at least say "Thank you" for the scans, there will be some nice words about your website on them next time. Be warned.

PSP | Gundam Battle Royale

360 | Mobile Suit Gundam: Operation Troy

DS | Chocobo and the Magic Picture Book

Wii | Harvest Moon

DS | Harvest Moon: Kimi to Sodatsu Shima

DS | Ninja Ja Ja Maru-kun: The Pen is Mightier than the Sword (holy shit, nice title!)

DS | Luminous Arc

Not scanning anything else today... the Armored Core 4 pics are just grabs from a movie. There's also some lovely A3 Amano artwork poster ads for FFIII and FFV. My scanner is only A4 though, and I don't have time to up the scans as they would necessitate.
Emotions
(08-10-2006, 07:49 AM)
Thank you Jonny. :D
cvxfreak
HOLY FUCKING CRAP
(08-10-2006, 07:49 AM)
You tell 'em Jonny! :D
Wario64
works for Gamestop (lol)
(08-10-2006, 07:50 AM)
Thanks for the scans

Luminous Arc looks good
ethelred
(08-10-2006, 07:50 AM)
Jonny, you did not lie! Luminous Ark looks ****ing outstanding.

Edit: Wow. I just looked at the Chocobo pics -- that game's looking wonderful, too. Reuse of the FF3 engine FTW.

I really love the artistic style they're going with on it, too -- crayon-drawn look, with some stuff resembling picture book popups. Looks great.
Cardiaque
(08-10-2006, 07:51 AM)
Thanks Jonny!

Luminous Ark looks damn great, can't wait.
thetrin
Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
(08-10-2006, 07:52 AM)
Sweet. Looks like I`ll have to pick up this issue tomorrow just for those A3 ads.
jj984jj
He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
(08-10-2006, 07:52 AM)
:O @ Luminous Arc

MMV :3 Thank you for putting more great RPGs on the DS. :D

That Ninja Ja Ja Maru-kun doesn't look bad either, could be a fun platformer.

Harvest Moon and Chocobo look great in fully 3D as well. :)
Last edited by jj984jj; 08-10-2006 at 07:57 AM.
Error
Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
(08-10-2006, 07:53 AM)
wow Luminos Ark looks very very good.
mutsu
(08-10-2006, 07:53 AM)
Thank you as always.
Jiggy
Got lost looking for
a hentai sim forum
(08-10-2006, 07:54 AM)
Oh man. :o
First I was like "hey, cool ninja game," then I scroll down and Luminous Arc looks like possibly the best strategy RPG ever. :o
This is fantastic.

Edit: I mean, seriously. Fire Emblem-like dialogue, Tactics Ogre/FFT battles. This is superb.
fresquito
(08-10-2006, 07:55 AM)
Thanks for the scans.

Luminous ArK looks nice, although the scenarios should be 3D. Rotating camera in SRPGs FTW!

The graphics from the cochobo game look good :)
GoldenEye 007
(08-10-2006, 07:56 AM)
Thank you for the scans. The DS is on an all out assault against my wallet. It really is. The Chocobo game, Ninja Pen thingy, and Luminous all look great. The sidescroller doesn't look too text-intensive, so assuming it does not come to the US, I'll probably consider importing.
thetrin
Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
(08-10-2006, 07:56 AM)
I`m sooo much more interested in Ninja Ja Ja Maru-kan than Luminous Arc. Nippon Ichi killed my love for SRPGs.
Tokubetsu
(08-10-2006, 07:58 AM)
Damn it feels good to be a GUNDAM fan. Come on Bandai Visual, hurry up with that re-release of Mobile Suit Gundam 0079 this fall! woo!
Last edited by Tokubetsu; 08-10-2006 at 08:03 AM.
jj984jj
He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.

Originally Posted by TheTrin

I`m sooo much more interested in Ninja Ja Ja Maru-kan than Luminous Arc. Nippon Ichi killed my love for SRPGs.

Definitely looks like it could be a fun platformer. :D
future_pinoy
thank you for the scans buddy, i'm hype for all the games
Baron Doggystyle von Woof
wow i guess square is using the FF3 engine for that chocobo game.
thetrin
(08-10-2006, 07:59 AM)

Originally Posted by jj984jj

Definitely looks like it could be a fun platformer. :D

The subtitle did it for me. I love the photo realistic burning house in the background juxtaposed with the cartoony sprites in the foreground. Very cool touch.
Pastry
(08-10-2006, 07:59 AM)
Luminous Ark and the Chocobo game both look fantastic. I really like how S-E tailored the FFIII engine for the Chocobo game it's beautiful. And the first thing I noticed about both games were how colorful they were :)

Also the chick in the lower right of the second Luminous Ark scan :D
bluemax
Banned
(08-10-2006, 08:00 AM)
Is the Ninja game a continuation of a series? I see some 8bit game shots that look familiar but I can't recall the titles...

If Luminas Ark is tailored for handhelds as well as FFTA was then I'm all over that. SRPGs work great on portables.
Blimblim
The Inside Track
(08-10-2006, 08:01 AM)
As always Jonny, thanks!
thetrin

Originally Posted by Pastry

Luminous Ark and the Chocobo game both look fantastic. I really like how S-E tailored the FFIII engine for the Chocobo game it's beautiful. And the first thing I noticed about both games were how colorful they were :)

Also the chick in the lower right of the second Luminous Ark scan :D

Chocobo definitely looks cool. I love the pop up book cut outs for characters in the battles. Very cool stuff.
Femmeworth
Miss Negativity

Originally Posted by JonnyramDS | [b

Luminous Arc[/b]

Those character designs are quite different from this
Aaron
Thanks. Gundam 360 is looking killer. Even if it's just Halo with giant robots, I'll be more than happy.
Twilight Dawn
(08-10-2006, 08:02 AM)
Thanks for the scans!

Luminous Ark looks interesting. The character designs remind me of Summon Night. This is the first I've heard of "Chocobo and the Magic Picture Book", but whatever it is, it looks cute. And the screenshots seem mercifully light on kanji, always a plus...
B.K.
(08-10-2006, 08:04 AM)
I hope Atlus or someone decides to localize Luminous Arc.
rubso
Banned
(08-10-2006, 08:07 AM)
360 Gundam looks amazing.
BrodiemanTTR
(08-10-2006, 08:08 AM)
Chocobo looks outstanding. Harvest Moon Wii appears to have motion controls as an option rather than requirement so that's good news. The Pen is Mightier: 2D platformer with stylus control?
PepsimanVsJoe
(08-10-2006, 08:09 AM)

Originally Posted by ninj4junpei

Those character designs are quite different from this *wtf image*

Um yikes?
Galactic Fork
A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
(08-10-2006, 08:11 AM)

Originally Posted by B.K.

I hope Atlus or someone decides to localize Luminous Arc.

Buy Contact and maybe they will!
Vic
Please help me with my bad english
(08-10-2006, 08:12 AM)

Originally Posted by BrodiemanTTR

Chocobo looks outstanding. Harvest Moon Wii appears to have motion controls as an option rather than requirement so that's good news. The Pen is Mightier: 2D platformer with stylus control?

YES! Finally, I was waiting for a pen-controled platformer. hope it works well

edit: that Chocobo game look hot! the style great!
Last edited by Vic; 08-10-2006 at 08:23 AM.
TurtleSnatcher
It seems like the DS in the east has jump over a bump in graphics..

The 2d on and art and everything looks awesome on Luminous Arc.

Chocobo seems even cleaner then FF3 o_O

Harvest Moon DS looks unbelievably clean too

looks awesome.
davepoobond
you can't put a price on sparks

Originally Posted by ninj4junpei

Those character designs are quite different from this

maybe they realized how utterly retarded, while being extremely hornifying, it was
B.K.

Originally Posted by GreenGlowingGoo

Buy Contact and maybe they will!

I'm buying both Summon Nights and Super Robot Taisens. Isn't that enough? Contact doesn't appeal very much to me.
Greenpanda
Banned
(08-10-2006, 08:15 AM)
Thanks Jonnyram :) you rock

Luminous Arc looks very promising -- the DS has been hurting for a good strategy RPG.

And while I doubt I'll end up with any interest in the game, Chocobo's Magic Picture Book sure looks great graphically in that town shot.

edit: Ninja Ja Ja Maru-kun seems really hot graphically, too. Hope it's good; I'm always up for a quality platformer!
ethelred
(08-10-2006, 08:18 AM)

Originally Posted by B.K.

I'm buying both Summon Nights and Super Robot Taisens. Isn't that enough? Contact doesn't appeal very much to me.

If folks want Atlus to localize more DS RPGs (the way Atlus localized a good 15 GBA RPGs), then people need to buy the DS RPGs Atlus is localizing. That's basically how it works.

How can Contact not appeal to someone, anyway?

Originally Posted by Greenpanda

Thanks Jonnyram :) you rock

Luminous Arc looks very promising -- the DS has been hurting for a good strategy RPG.

And while I doubt I'll end up with any interest in the game, Chocobo's Magic Picture Book sure looks great graphically in that town shot.

Honestly, I can't believe I'm anticipating a Chocobo game now, but I seriously am. The game just looks really outstanding and artistic. And if they can get a good battle system in there, too, it'll be great. A great Chocobo game, who would've thought. :lol
Blimblim
The Inside Track
(08-10-2006, 08:19 AM)

Originally Posted by yahso

360 Gundam looks amazing.

I wouldn't say amazing until we get to see these shots in better resolution, but it sure seems to look better than before.
rubso
Banned
(08-10-2006, 08:23 AM)

Originally Posted by Blimblim

I wouldn't say amazing until we get to see these shots in better resolution, but it sure seems to look better than before.

yeah sure, i mean its much better than before :)
Emotions
(08-10-2006, 08:24 AM)
Whoa, all of those DS games look gorgeous, and Harvest Moon Wii looks stunning. I hope this HM DS game have some kind of connection with the Wii game and i'm getting both.
The Chocobo game looks gorgous , so does that Ninja platformer and Luminous Ark. The DS is simply awesome.
Sallokin
(08-10-2006, 08:26 AM)
I'll have to agree with everyone and say that LA looks outstanding. I really hope this makes it's way over to the U.S.

Chocobo DS looks... interesting. Still on the fence I guess.

EDIT*
Wow, Gundam 360 does look really promising. Didn't realize that it had ground action.
ethelred
(08-10-2006, 08:35 AM)
So what's the next game Square Enix is going to make entirely utilizing the FF3 DS engine? It looks like they're getting to the point where they're able to just crank these games out with it.
Emotions
(08-10-2006, 08:41 AM)
We need more info on FF:CC RoF , i think it's going to have some sort of connectivity with the
Wii version.
BrodiemanTTR
(08-10-2006, 08:41 AM)

Originally Posted by ethelred

So what's the next game Square Enix is going to make entirely utilizing the FF3 DS engine? It looks like they're getting to the point where they're able to just crank these games out with it.

Chrono Break

Plz.
todog
(08-10-2006, 08:43 AM)
Thank you for the scans! Very much appreciated.

Also, what kind of genre is this Chocobo game?
Emotions
(08-10-2006, 08:45 AM)

Originally Posted by todog

Thank you for the scans! Very much appreciated.

Also, what kind of genre is this Chocobo game?

Adventure-RPG, i think.
Jonnyram
(08-10-2006, 08:52 AM)
It's Obon holiday in Japan next week so no Famitsu next week and no Famitsu PS2 until Sept.
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin is scheduled for 16 November.
Rockstar's Table Tennis is being published by MS in Japan on 12 October.

Luminous Arc vs Jeanne d'Arc FIGHT!
ethelred
(08-10-2006, 08:54 AM)

Originally Posted by Jonnyram

It's Obon holiday in Japan next week so no Famitsu next week and no Famitsu PS2 until Sept.
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin is scheduled for 16 November.
Rockstar's Table Tennis is being published by MS in Japan on 12 October.

Luminous Arc vs Jeanne d'Arc FIGHT!

Hah, that's wrong.

Well, visually, they both look incredible. Jeanne wins on the basis of developer pedigree, and that it has a cool sounding story -- we need to learn more about Luminous Arc's story. LA does have some good things going for it, too (Mitsuda music for the mother-****ing win). Gameplay details are still fairly vague on both.
Polari
(08-10-2006, 08:56 AM)
Harvest Moon for Wii looks really nice and those DS games all look pretty special too, thanks Jonny.
Tat
Banned
(08-10-2006, 08:57 AM)
Give us AC4 scans please. :3