• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade X Localization Changes for Character Models

Jarmel

Banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA7uW-Efy3k

So in short the two changes to the character models are:

-Lin's base model has been changed so that the bikinis are not as revealing. (This was already known)
-The character creator has been modified so that the bust slider has been removed and so therefore when creating a female character, all female characters created by the player have by default medium-sized breasts.

The rest of the character models are the same, so there are no more changes on that front.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Dk2Gw0e.jpg

-The character creator has been modified so that the bust slider has been removed and so therefore when creating a female character, all female characters created by the player have by default medium-sized breasts.

I'm sorry but this is stupid. Okay, I understand that they want to avoid sexualization or whatever, but let's not pretend there's only one chest size in the world.

Zero²

I'm sorry but this is stupid. Okay, I understand that they want to avoid sexualization or whatever, but let's not pretend there's only one chest size in the world.
We all know why the reason the breast slider was in the game and it wasnt for diversity in boob size, dont fool yourself.

kiuo

The rest of the character models are the same, so there are no more changes on that front.

(T.T)

I'm totally fine with this.

Except in games where you can do weird shit to both sexes in the character creator (like Saint's Row), I don't really feel like a "bust slider" is even remotely appropriate. In any given CC, you can't change any number of things, so this is just one more that's set in stone.

Lucentto

Banned
I am upset with these publishers. First they take the booty away from me, now they take the titties. I feel outraged.

Yeah, bigguns were really awkwardly shaped, but they shouldn't gut character creation.
It's already more restricted than I would have liked.

Edit: See above. lol

Fencedude

Zero²;185341043 said:
We all know why that breast slider was in the game, dont fool yourself.

Because breasts come in many different sizes?

Like, are we just going to act like any reference to breasts has no purpose other than sexualization and that has to be prevented at all costs?

Because that's really silly

Beth Cyra

Wait what the hell?

As a woman this pisses me off. Having small boobs or big boobs doesn't mean your any lesser or greater and I should be able to adjust my bust size if I so feel the need to do so.

Like the first change is completely fine.
But the second? The fuck? That makes no sense. Unless Nintendo thinks we're all going to make Lyn body characters and put them in bikinis.

I'm not going to not buy the game, I'm just not going to create my tall, but flat chested Fiora VA character.
#SmallBoobsNeedLoveToo

Though I don't want to hyperbole, but if they've done such a weird change I wonder what else they've changed.

Malyse

I'm super not okay with this. I actually have a single character that I recreate in every game I play. This character doesn't have medium size breasts. 😓

Haunted

Agreed on removing the pedobait, but for the main character I wish they had worked on improving the real doll faces instead of removing options for big and small tits.

Eolz

most likely to prevent someone from recreate Lin & have the avatar wear unedited swimsuits

This is probably the explanation, but then why not just reduce the size range (medium to big for example) instead of blocking the feature completely?
There's not one size in the world.

Shame.
But not as shameful as not allowing to get JP voices in a download pack (paid or not), sadly.

Dark_castle

I respect censoring Lin, but what's wrong with the bust slider? All females in real world varies in rack sizes. It's a natural thing. It doesn't have to be thought off in a sexual way.

If you couldn't make a decent black character, which going by previous Japanese games I assume will be the case, I wanted to recreate one of my old sketchbook characters. Guess that won't happen now.

Mihos

Gold Member
big one looks bad anyway
zlCfzTS3SsAkZxV-hz

Funny, but as part of getting older I got my first pair of bifocals... now, any time I look a girl in the eye, their chest looks almost twice as big. Getting old isn't all bad, I guess.

Personally, I like sliders for everything including chest. Funny how prudish the current generation is on this kind of stuff, luckily, this stuff is cyclical , and the next generation should be fricken awesome.

Can't believe people are happy with something like this being removed. It's a rated T game, tons of rated T games let you change boob size, but suddenly its a bad thing? I guess big boobs are just too skanky, and small boobs don't exist on adults!

Top Bottom