• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Welcome to Night Vale [Mafia] |OT| The Dog Park will not harm you

Kevyt

giphy.gif

Hell-o, everyone.

Coppanuva

You're looking at Act One, Scene One, of a nightmare, one not restricted to witching hours and dark, rainswept nights. Professor Walter Jameson, popular beyond words, who talks of the past as if it were the present, who conjures up the dead as if they were alive.

Coppanuva

When does this begin!? I need to lynch someone.

Seconds, minutes, hours. They crawl by on hands and knees for Mr. Henry Bemis, who looks for a spark in the ashes of a dead world. A telephone connected to nothingness. A neighborhood bar, movie, a baseball diamond, a hardware store, the mailbox of what was once his house and is now a rubble. They lie at his feet as battered monuments to what was but is no more.

RetroMG

Once the day has started, (only two hours left!) The current vote count will always be found in post #4

All of the players but four have responded to confirm their role PMs. Since three of the four have posted in here, I'm going to just assume they have their PMs and know what's up. If I'm wrong, let me know.

The fourth just got his PM ten minutes ago, so I'll keep an eye out.

Oh my gawd! Are things, like, finally start getting interesting? I thought this town was supposed to be like, a prime vay-cay lo-cay, but the sun's not even out! Do you expect me to like, go home without a tan?

Also, I was like, promised dogs but I haven't even seen a single dog yet!

Once the day has started, (only two hours left!) The current vote count will always be found in post #4

All of the players but four have responded to confirm their role PMs. Since three of the four have posted in here, I'm going to just assume they have their PMs and know what's up. If I'm wrong, let me know.

The fourth just got his PM ten minutes ago, so I'll keep an eye out.

I'll be watching this game very closely. Make sure you guys lynch Sorian for the first day, subvert expectations for once

Coppanuva

Oh my gawd! Are things, like, finally start getting interesting? I thought this town was supposed to be like, a prime vay-cay lo-cay, but the sun's not even out! Do you expect me to like, go home without a tan?

Also, I was like, promised dogs but I haven't even seen a single dog yet!

The day phase hasn't started yet, go back to sleep.

Fireblend

Banned
I decided I'd get proactive and provide a reads list before the game starts. A Gafia first!

[m] StanleyPalmtree - I reviewed your post history, tax statements and both your birth and death certificates. I've got my eyes on you, all <indeterminate number> of them.
[m] UltraJay - That secret you've always kept hidden is being whispered in between every conversation you have. Listen closely.
[m] Trigger - I awoke from an unsettling dream this morning. I glanced at the clock, and realized it wasn't mine. My 8-ball says you seem trustworthy!
[m] Unmasked Ferret - Congratulations! You're in my circle of confidence. Please find chalk, and an open area big enough to fit a drawn circle with a 5 meter diameter before the game begins.
[m] Darklighter - ...My palms were sweaty, and my heart was beating as if I'd been running. Was I truly awake? This wasn't my house.
[m] Boo Boo'n - Your roleclaim is supper iffy, IMO. I've never heard of any Night Vale character called ls&#866;j&#863;f&#862;&#847;&#822;y&#795;t&#821;&#822;n&#808;&#866;sb&#866;&#795;d&#1161;&#860;&#824;v&#860;&#821;&#824;. An acceptable lynch candidate for today. Oh wait, sorry, I meant 4 weeks from now.
[m] Karu - You have been ignoring and avoiding my questions ever since this began, and that's not cool in mafia. Are you sure you gave me the right mail address?
[m] TL21xx - .krow drah si esrever ni txet gnittirW
[m] Ty4on - ...I tried to stand, but it suddenly hit me that this wasn't my body, either. In a different body, your balance is all wrong, your mind refuses to recognize its alien, wretched limbs.
[m] Pop-O-Matic - I consulted the Oracle about you. It said DROP TABLE IF EXISTS employees CASCADE;
[m] AbsolutBro - Town. or Mafia. This read was sponsored by the uncertainty of whether the life you've lived is a fulfilling one, or whether that's what you tell yourself to be able to sleep at night.
[m] Mike_Hawk689 - You say you're trustworthy, but your avatar says otherwise. The other day it was spreading some really awkward gossip about you. I'd give it a stern lecture if I were you.
[m] Mazre - The men in the black van intercepted me before I posted this and asked for my read about you. I tried to buy you some time, but I'm not sure I succeeded. Sorry.
[m] Razmos - ...Finally, I managed to incorporate myself onto a side of the bed. My memories were slipping from me. They didn't fit my brain, I could feel my thought patterns breaking up, scrambling in a futile attempt to connect with was no longer there. Then I saw him there. Staring.
[f] ScraftyDevil - The Night Vale tourism board would like to remind you that optional volunteering in the abandoned mineshaft is mandatory for all tourists. Please report with the closest hooded figure for induction. Mojitos will be provided.
[-] Seath - I'm untrustworthy of people whose names start with S by default. I asked scientists about it. Doesn't it look like a snake? They said. Snakes are dangerous, and their names start with S. Coincidence? We think not.
[m] Coppanuva - Your voting patterns betray you, you filthy, filthy commie. Such filth. Take a shower once in a while! Sheesh.
[m] squidyj - Your soft hints are leaving fur all over my clothes. Sure they're cute and cuddly, but I'm gonna make you pay for my lint roller and all this poison antidote.
[m] Sorian - Psh, Sorian. Is Sorian even a real name? Are you even real? I'll ask a hooded figure about it next time I catch one staring at me while I eat.
[m] Setre - I agree, occult numerology is a perfectly valid way to decide on your day 1 lynch. Just remember, 4 isn't an actual number. Such an amateur mistake!
[m] Fireblend - ...Finally he spoke, his eyes filled with the regret of those who have lived beyond their allotted time on this world: "and hey... thanks".
[m] gryvan - Very hard to read, particularly because I was being chased by librarians while doing so. Stay away from the librarians.
[m] Royal_Flush - Good job on taking the initiative and drawing first blood before the game started! That might have been a bit too much blood though... ok, it *was* too much. Stop it. Please. Oh God. Please stop.

It took me far more time than I anticipated to write this

Also I'm posting this before the game actually starts so that it can't be misconstrued as a hint or something - I just wanted to write more weird stuff ._.

RetroMG

A friendly desert community where the sun is hot, the moon is beautiful, and mysterious lights pass overhead while we all pretend to sleep.

Welcome to Night Vale.

Hello listeners. To start things off I've been asked to read this brief notice: the city council announces the opening of a new dog park at the corner of Earl and Summerset near the Ralph's. They would like to remind everyone that dogs are not allowed in the dog park. People are not allowed in the dog park. It is possible you will see hooded figures in the dog park. Do not approach them. Do not approach the dog park. The fence is electrified and highly dangerous. Try not to look at the dog park, and especially do not look for any period of time at the hooded figures. The dog park will not harm you.

And now the news.

Old Woman Josie out near the car lot says the angels revealed themselves to her; said they were ten feet tall, radiant, and one of them was black; said they helped her with various household chores. One of them changed a light bulb for her, the porch light. She's offering to sell the old lightbulb, which has been touched by an angel. It was the black angel, if that sweetens the pot for anyone. If you're interested, contact Old Woman Josie. She's out near the car lot.

The Sheriff&#8217;s Secret Police are asking the public&#8217;s help in catching a dangerous fugitive on the loose in the greater Night Vale area. They say he is armed, and should be approached with extreme caution.

For everyone&#8217;s protection, they are keeping the name and description of the fugitive secret, but indicate that all strangers should be mistrusted and avoided&#8230;as well as friends and loved ones, because how well do you know those people, anyway? Are you aware of their location every second of every day? Who among us does not have secrets?

The fugitive is wanted dead or alive and vigilante justice is, as always, highly encouraged.

Day 1 begins
pin_1448042400.png

Sorian

Banned
Welcome to Night Vale everyone!

Here I am with my pre-typed spiel as per the usual. There are new folks in this game so this is probably more pertinent than when I do this with all vets. Today is day 1. Having a vote or two on you is no reason for concern and there is no reason to start shooting your load on your role claim when you aren't under real duress. Your role claim is meant to be your absolute last ditch effort of saving yourself, until such a time, I don't want to hear your role, all it does it hurt town even if you are just a vanilla townie since that narrows down the list that scum needs to hit to kill PRs. If someone has a vote on you before the last 24 hours or so of this day phase, odds are high that they have no real leads yet or they want you to actually contribute to discussion. Keep in mind that the absolute greatest tool of D1 is discussion. People talking now is laying the foundation for catching lies later on in the game.

As per the usual, I'm sure we will do the whole lynch vs. no lynch thing. I am, as usual, in the D1 lynch camp. I'm aware of the pros and cons for both but voting patterns whenever possible are always important in the grand scheme of things. With that, I also think it's important to always have your vote on someone and doubly important to have a vote in by the end of the day, not voting is way different than voting no lynch and is much much worse.

Now that my pleasantries are out of the way, the RNG blood god calls to me and we got......Number 9!

VOTE: Ty4on

Let the games begin, have fun everyone.

Fireblend

Banned
Ah, let's see. Basics first.

1. For the new players, as Sorian said, do not claim unless you're minutes away from death (or are mafia-aligned, I guess. Makes my job easier)
2. Talk and post as much as possible. Having non-fluff statements to rely on to make deductions later in the game is super important, mkay?
3. Day-1 lynch ftw. There should be no question about this, but for the new crowd I recommend you read the mafia wiki page on the subject if you want to read some of the most popular arguments.
4. The Secret Sheriff Police has deemed the wheel as a perfectly acceptable method of deciding your initial vote. Remember to caress it gently before using it though, you don't want to anger it.

The wheel has spoken.

VOTE: Coppanuva

Let's dance.

Like, what are you all voting on? I wanna vote too!

The spinny thingy like, told me to

VOTE: Darklighter

so I guess that's who I'll vote for!~

Coppanuva

Ah, let's see. Basics first.

1. For the new players, as Sorian said, do not claim unless you're minutes away from death (or are mafia-aligned, I guess. Makes my job easier)
2. Talk and post as much as possible. Having non-fluff statements to rely on to make deductions later in the game is super important, mkay?
3. Day-1 lynch ftw. There should be no question about this, but for the new crowd I recommend you read the mafia wiki page on the subject if you want to read some of the most popular arguments.
4. The Secret Sheriff Police has deemed the wheel as a perfectly acceptable method of deciding your initial vote. Remember to caress it gently before using it though, you don't want to anger it.

The wheel has spoken.

Let's dance.

The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshiped. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man, that state is obsolete.

Funnily enough I used it too, I got me as well. Weird.

Sorian

Banned
The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshiped. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man, that state is obsolete.

image.php

I see we are starting on a dark road already.

RetroMG

I should probably mention that unlike so many other Gafia games, I will absolutely let you vote for yourself. Voting for yourself, and, in fact, leading your own lynch, can be a useful tool.

gryvan

The wheel has spoken.

Let's dance.

I also went with the wheel and it apparently landed on this person so I shall obey the wheel.

Have I mention how amazing the secret sheriff police are?

VOTE: Sorian

Sorian

Banned
I should probably mention that unlike so many other Gafia games, I will absolutely let you vote for yourself. Voting for yourself, and, in fact, leading your own lynch, can be a useful tool.

Retro starting us off on that fear of tanner discussion. I love it.

I also went with the wheel and it apparently landed on this person so I shall obey the wheel.

Have I mention how amazing the secret sheriff police are?

VOTE: Sorian

Sup buddy. I make it a habit to respond to all votes toward me but on RNG votes, all I can really do is say hi. Prodding me for discussion is like prodding a fish to swim.

Setre

Used the wheel and it told me to vote for Boo Boo'n, instead I think I'll go against it and vote for someone else. Like....

Vote: Fireblend

1. For the new players, as Sorian said, do not claim unless you're minutes away from death (or are mafia-aligned, I guess. Makes my job easier).

You went against your own advice and just role claimed you're a regular townie. Highly suspicious! :p

RetroMG

Prodding me for discussion is like prodding a fish to swim.

I wonder if there's a character limit on Outer Gafia tags.

EDIT: There isn't, but it looks funny. Changing it back.

EDIT2: By the way, this should go without saying, but there should be NO EDITING POSTS PAST THIS POINT.

Unless you are me. 'Cause I'm awesome.

Fireblend

Banned
Used the wheel and it told me to vote for Boo Boo'n, instead I think I'll go against it and vote for someone else. Like....

You went against your own advice and just role claimed you're a regular townie. Highly suspicious! :p

I like you because you just made everyone scroll up and read my post over and over trying to figure out if you noticed something they didn't. You're alright.

Karu

Hello hello my fellow friends,

wooooha wheel told me to vote for

VOTE: ScraftyDevil

*dum dum duuum*

Fakeedit: Umm... how do I use that nice looking red?

Coppanuva

*dum dum duuum*

You should use the tag, as well as the bold tag. Your votes won't count without it.

TL21xx

Banned
Alright friends, let's get this show on the road.

I have consulted with the RNGod, and he has spoken for me.

Vote: Seath

Hoping we can get some solid conversation going this first day.

Fireblend

Banned

Use [ highlight ] tags.

Forgot to comment on this. Dat wheel with the ultimate gambit-level plays already. All hail the wheel.

Sorian

Banned

I like you because you just made everyone scroll up and read my post over and over trying to figure out if you noticed something they didn't. You're alright.

So, he didn't claim ordinary townie right? Or am I missing something.

*dum dum duuum*

[ /highlight] around the phrase but without that space. Also, you'll need to re-vote again so that the mod tool can catch your vote.

Top Bottom