• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne DLC: how to access bloodborne the old hunters expansion.

I can not wait for this. Although Amelia was the boss I had the most trouble with, I am not looking forward to having to fight her again. I don't even want to think about the amount of times I tried that fight before finally beating her.

SJRB

Gold Member
Wouldn't it be much more in the theme of Bloodborne/Souls to NOT explain this and just let players figure it out for themselves?

bigol

Wouldn't it be much more in the theme of Bloodborne/Souls to NOT explain this and just let players figure it out for themselves?

Someone would have discovered it in less than one day and told everyone online. Besides the way to access dlc is not so difficult compared to DS1 AOTA dlc.

AOTA access was so obtuse

No one is forcing players to read the blog post.

If you're going to charge $20 for DLC, you should probably give consumers the details on how to access the content they paid for.

mattp

ooh man, that's way earlier than i thought, awesome
now i don't have to play as long in my ng+ before i can get to it haha

Gbraga

It would take around 2 minutes. It's not very hidden at all.

If it was like Artorias of the Abyss, then I would absolutely agree with you.

It drops the Hunter Chief Emblem so you open the gate. It's not required in general, but it involves the fastest and easiest route to Amelia.

Gascoigne -> BSB -> Amelia is actually faster and more optimal for continuing the playthrough, since you get Beast Blood Pellets in Old Yharnam and access to a bunch of shit in the upper part of Oedon Chapel.

fastmower

It drops the Hunter Chief Emblem so you open the gate. It's not required in general, but it involves the fastest and easiest route to Amelia.
Good point. It's amazing how fast you can get to and beat Amelia once you have a strong character and the know how. I started NG+ and was in the forest in less than 45 mins.

Shahed

Gascoigne -> BSB -> Amelia is actually faster and more optimal for continuing the playthrough, since you get Beast Blood Pellets in Old Yharnam and access to a bunch of shit in the upper part of Oedon Chapel.

Surely it's quicker to kill Cleric Beast than BSB? I've never done either in a speed run, but Cleric is right on the Bridge. Doesn't require going through all of Old Yarnham.

And yes BSB is more optimal due to loot and other stuff, but I thought it was about speed. Besides I could never skip any. I'd have to kill them all :p

WGMBY

So I have my original Str/Arc character who is just at the ending of NG, or I could create a brand new character and run through from the beginning. Decisions decisions...

Hydrus

Ready!
XismVUX.jpg

IloveThisGif

Also dat peek of the astral tower!

lmao

Ryan_MSF

currently at the wet nurse on my first play through, might be worth finishing the game off and going into it from NG+ i'm guessing.

viHuGi

Banned
My 190 lvl Hunter is ready to kick everyone's ass! Haha

Seems really easy to get into the DLC, I just need to go into Hunters dream and start go into places from there, you only need to kill one boss and it's not that hard.

Gbraga

Surely it's quicker to kill Cleric Beast than BSB? I've never done either in a speed run, but Cleric is right on the Bridge. Doesn't require going through all of Old Yarnham.

And yes BSB is more optimal due to loot and other stuff, but I thought it was about speed. Besides I could never skip any. I'd have to kill them all :p

Not really, because Cleric Beast takes longer at a lower level.

In a speedrun, you'll only start leveling up after you reach Forbidden Woods.

About going through all of Old Yharnam, you can skip most of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yePnO6MZiVY

Coxy100

Banned
Enjoy PS4 gamers! I sold my PS4 to fund a XB1 - and goddamn do I miss Bloodborne :) (although Ori makes up for it)

Looks like some solid new stuff is being added - love the new gun!

Mman235

I'm glad it's relatively early in the game if all the new stuff is locked behind it (though maybe that's not the case given that people have already found at least one new item in the vanilla game with the latest patch).

So all we gotta do is
beat the boss from Cathedral Ward
and that's it?

Yes but to be fair that doesn't mean you will be a suitable level for the DLC. The souls games dont really have a set level as it depends on skill.

I think high skill players will prob be able to go right at it from there but most people might want to access it and come back at a later point in the game.

I got a lvl 70ish dude ready and I will see how I go. If I find it to easy I may just try it early on a new character afterwards

Two other optional areas are accessed after that same boss:
after Amelia you can enter the forbidden woods, get tonsile stone and then access lecture hall ground floor and then nightmare frontier.

You can also enter forest, run to back entrance to Iosefkas clinic, get summons and then go to cainhurst

So once DLC is out there is really only one optional area that requires further progress in the game to access.

Oh I see. Fair enough then. Don't understand why you'd skip anything though. Do it all!

I know how you feel. It's one of the few games I can happily replay and its just pure fun to do so.

The only bits I dont like are chalice dungeons as I find them dull to explore and
nightmare fronteir
as its also kinda dull.

Everywhere is good and the boss fights in them are all fun and must die.

Gbraga

Oh I see. Fair enough then. Don't understand why you'd skip anything though. Do it all!

Oh yeah, almost no one speedruns Any% in this game, it's pretty boring (unlike Dark Souls 1), All Bosses is where it's at. But they usually leave Cleric Beast for much later.

Was this weapon in the original release? I never saw it if it was wtf is it I want one now.

It's the Tonitrus, you can get it
in Yahar'gul pretty early into the game.

Yes but to be fair that doesn't mean you will be a suitable level for the DLC. The souls games dont really have a set level as it depends on skill.

I think high skill players will prob be able to go right at it from there but most people might want to access it and come back at a later point in the game.

I got a lvl 70ish dude ready and I will see how I go. If I find it to easy I may just try it early on a new character afterwards

Two other optional areas are accessed after that same boss:
after Amelia you can enter the forbidden woods, get tonsile stone and then access lecture hall ground floor and then nightmare frontier.

You can also enter forest, run to back entrance to Iosefkas clinic, get summons and then go to cainhurst

So once DLC is out there is really only one optional area that requires further progress in the game to access.
No worries I'm like level 120 or something in NG+, I just beat Father and Cleric. I just didn't want to go through all the game all over again.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
I don't know how but I had somebody in my game using a new Arcane hunter's tool this morning.

They whistled and a big ass worm came out the ground.

edit: never mind found out it's called a Madaras Whistle.
But I've plat and I've never seen this. crazy.

I don't know how but I had somebody in my game using a new Arcane hunter's tool this morning.

They whistled and a big ass worm came out the ground.

edit: never mind found out it's called a Madaras Whistle.
But I've plat and I've never seen this. crazy.

Got added with the patch today so that's why.

Yes you can travel to the new locations using THAT
Awakening Headstone
. I really wanna know the story behind it and why the
Doll
keeps visiting it.

If I'm not mistaken it has something to do
with the guy who made the Doll in the real workshop in Yarnham.

Wagram

That's not far in at all. I have to admit that i'm somewhat worried about the challenge of the DLC, because a lot of the bosses in this game are incredibly face-roll. Among the worst in the series if compared to Souls.

zma1013

Sounds way easier than the convoluted system they had for Dark Souls DLC, and heck even easier to see than some Bloodborne areas.

Top Bottom