• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TellTale confirms season two of Game of Thrones

MauroNL

As mentioned by Eurogamer just now

Telltale's episodic Game of Thrones series will return for a second season, the developer has confirmed.

Studio boss and co-founder Kevin Bruner has revealed that Telltale had always been planning its story with a second run of episodes in mind.

Now, with the last episode of its first season released, the developer is happy to talk a little more about it.

"After this week's finale, I'm pleased to officially confirm that there will be a second season of Telltale's Game of Thrones series," Bruner told The Hollywood Reporter - which, you should note, be warned that article contains spoilers for the game's full season.

"It's currently in development."

Game of Thrones season one concluded - a little unsatisfyingly - in a number of cliffhangers. Anyone hoping for resolution... well, there wasn't much of it.

"The questions left on the table at the conclusion of season one, who survived and who didn't, as well as all the other choices you made play a huge role in the second season," Bruner concluded.

"We've been planning the second season all along, but I really shouldn't be revealing more than that."

There's no word yet on when the second season might be released, but the back half of next year sounds like a fair bet.
Yet I'm still sitting here without Walking Dead Season 3! :(

TM94

Haven't played the final episode yet, but the first series hasn't been much more than a cheap cash-in on a popular show.

Not overly thrilled with this.

SOLDIER

Oh good, another season where your choices mean nothing and the game continues to laugh at you over the futility.

jett

D-Member
I'm gonna pass. Choices didn't matter in the first season (even less than by TT standards), ending was pretty terrible, and the writing was pretty subpar, so what's the point there.

XhGygHo.gif

Would much rather have had TWAU season 2 or a new Tales from the Borderlands

Still haven't played any of this but love the show. Will probably pick up Season 1 during the Steam Winter Sale.

Hopefully they will get Wolf Among Us Season 2 out before this though

Fuck sequel baiting. I'm fine with a second season it's just that I thought each season would follow different houses not continue the adventures of the not-Starks.

I hope Borderlands gets a season 2. S1 was phenomenal.

GoT needs to pull away from the main characters in the TV/book show and go its own path.

That was its biggest flaw in S1 imo.

firelogic

I'm gonna pass. Choices didn't matter in the first season (even less than by TT standards), ending was pretty terrible, and the writing was pretty subpar, so what's the point there.

It probably outsold their other properties by a large margin so they're cashing in on what's bringing in the green, despite Tales from the Borderlands being a superior experience.

Montresor

The game was not up to the standards of Telltale's best work (Wolf Among Us + Walking Dead) but I enjoyed the game + characters + ending, despite my problems with the game's performance/pacing/story.

The visuals are pretty awesome. A bit rough-looking, but they had an undeniably satisfying water-colour painting look to them. I'll play season 2 for sure. Below is a screenshot I took on XB1 - looks great.

Screenshot-Original.png

"The questions left on the table at the conclusion of season one, who survived and who didn't, as well as all the other choices you made play a huge role in the second season"

AKA anyone who survived season one dies in the first episode.

Honestly, I would prefer a new season of any of the other series in place of this, but I guess the GOT name brings in big money.

The game was not up to the standards of Telltale's best work (Wolf Among Us + Walking Dead) but I enjoyed the game + characters + ending, despite my problems with the game's performance/pacing/story.

The visuals are pretty awesome. A bit rough-looking, but they had an undeniably satisfying water-colour painting look to them. I'll play season 2 for sure. Below is a screenshot I took on XB1 - looks great.

Screenshot-Original.png

Well, in the case of that screenshot, that background is literally just a painting. The actual 3D environments were rough.

noooo i need Tales from the Borderlands Season Two!!!

So long as that team is kept mostly in-tact and works on a suitable property I'd be happy. Someone on here was joking about TF2: Story Mode and that sounds like it would be a great fit for the tftb team, plus valve and telltale already have a pre-existing relationship with Poker Night at the Inventory.

Anung

Un Rama
Telltale can piss off. GoT was uneven, janky and very unsatisfying. They should have focused on making S1 a complete experience first instead of worrying about the next one.

Tuffty

No thanks. Season 1 left me feeling cold on the whole thing with the technical issues and story which plummeted halfway through to a bad conclusion. Didn't really care for the protagonists either.

As a huge Song of Ice and Fire fan, I will play S2 but my hopes aren't the highest after S1. For a lot of reasons which I posted in the games OT. The story just basically retreads arcs from actual aSoIaF characters with your choices seeming to feel dammed if you do, damned if you dont.

A Wolf Among Us is still my favorite Telltale game. And I'd like to see a sequel.

Oh also...Telltale sincerely needs a new engine. Their technical shortcomings are out of control.

fhqwhgads

Just get it over with and make another Strong Bad game TellTale.
I wish even in a pipe dream scenario this could happen. Even if Telltale decided to come to their senses and make Point n Clicks again, the first SBCG4AP game was extremely punishing for the Chaps to make, so I doubt they'd be onboard for another one, let alone be able to with their busy schedule.

mr stroke

Screenshot-Original.png

No
GOT had the worst art style and graphics of the year
The game looks like a blurry mess

Hoje0308

Banned
The worst Telltale series I've played, and by a large margin too. Would much rather have more from The Wolf Among Us or Tales from the Borderlands.

So, this hurts the chances for more Borderlands?
I've seen a few people say this. What's the reasoning for this conclusion? Has the team said something?

I've only played the first episode of Borderlands and it's already the most entertaining Telltale game I've ever played. Maybe even more than TWD. Would be a shame if true.

I've seen a few people say this. What's the reasoning for this conclusion? Has the team said something?

I've only played the first episode of Borderlands and it's already the most entertaining Telltale game I've ever played. Maybe even more than TWD. Would be a shame if true.

Sales have been subpar and there's only so many series Telltale can do at once.

Zomba13

Fuck sequel baiting. I'm fine with a second season it's just that I thought each season would follow different houses not continue the adventures of the not-Starks.

Or at least tie up the current plot of the not-Starks and have Season 2 focus on rebuilding the house or forging alliances or stuff with the North Grove.

But naaaaaaaah, let's just have Season 2 finish (or maybe not) the plot threads in Season 1.

cyba89

Finished Season 1 today and was not satisfied how it ended. I liked the first two Eps but the whole Season was pretty uninteresting since Ep3.

Will wait for a 66% or bigger discount on S2.

Screenshot-Original.png

Yes, that's a nice looking painting but it has little to do with the ingame visuals (characters, 3d environments etc).

eksy

Banned
The whole season was shit.

I had already given TTG enough slack for their long delays and technical issues, but to then present us to the crap that is the Game of Thrones Season 1 is crossing the line.

Nothing happened. Bait ending. Jim Sterling's review of Episode 6 summed up my feelings of the series completely. This one is a negative for TTG.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

they can only make so many games: TWD is popular, GoT has a multi-year contract, Marvel is on the horizon... not sure if they'll decide to dedicate resources to TWAU or TftB :/

I thought this maybe would've just been a one season thing. It was hard to tell, to be honest.

Now, I'm kind of regretting some of the choices I made.

Then again, I assume that
Ryon escaping will make him the focus of season 2, alongside Gared and the North Grove.

Top Bottom