• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who wins 2015 Game Dog of the Year?

ike_

VLVpzIg.gif

DNAbro

What is Undertale?

A game that has a serious chance of taking game of the year on many sites including this one. It's an RPG resembling earthbound with a battle system made up of bullet-hellish dodging and the choice to fight or talk your way out of every situation. It has a GOAT tier soundtrack and amazing characters.

Honestly the less you know about it going in the better. I would just look at the steam page trailer. http://store.steampowered.com/app/391540/

D dog is the best but I hate how he gets in the way always. Give me some space dog. Like stand 10 feet back don't get all up in my scope view while I'm trying to snipe. He is literally up your ass the entire game. But he is so cute I can't hate on him for long. He just wants to be loved.

KC Denton

Some Huey apologists in this thread are trying to convince us that DD is a wolf...

You telling me he isn't a wolf? The Mother Base conversations and the iDroid entry on "Gray Wolf" were basically beating me over the head with the words "HE'S ACTUALLY A WOLF."

He's definitely my pick if him being a wolf doesn't disqualify him. We should probably expand the topic criteria to video game canines in general.

* Annoying Dog stole the thread and left dog residue in your inventory.

D-Dog was pretty much the ultimate buddy in MGSV but I really wish there were more interactions you could have with him. Haven't played FO4 yet.

Cleve

Having not played undertale yet (I know!) I vote for DD. As much as I tried, Dogmeat is just an idiot and a liability I have no idea why I invested level points in his specific perk.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I realise he's actually a wolf, but D-Dog brings to mind my brother's late Alaskan Malamute, who I looked after for the last ~16 months of his life, so he wins.

Haunted

DD in MGSV is a wolf, so he's automatically disqualified from this dog contest.

I'm more of a cat person myself, so I didn't really care for any of these. Maybe that Dog couple in Undertale? Their battle was somewhat humorous.

Plasma

Banned
Huey seems to have a lot of alt gaf accounts DD is a dog it says so right in the name they wouldn't have called him that if he was a wolf, c'mon guys.

Anyway I'd say DD, also a shout out to two of videogames other best dogs.

gFiBiOf.gif

Qn97TxE.jpg

105.Will

DD is almost so good it makes every other dog this year look bad. Except for lesser dog, maybe. DD is there to have your back when you slip up on your scouting, can be a great distraction when you're in a tight spot, and uses a knife to slit people throats, that he carries around in his adorable combat vest. Not only that but he's a dog... Wearing an eye patch.

KC Denton

Huey seems to have a lot of alt gaf accounts DD is a dog it says so right in the name they wouldn't have called him that if he was a wolf, c'mon guys.

Anyway I'd say DD, also a shout out to two of videogames other best dogs.

It's shown in the iDroid encyclopedia that DDog is a wolf. They call him DDog because they didn't identify him correctly, and there wasn't any compelling reason to check other than a soldier on Mother Base being concerned about he looked like a wolf. It's actually a clever bit of foreshadowing on how
Venom Snake is not actually Big Boss, even though everybody calls him Big Boss.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Watchdog of the Old Lords, only because I hate him so much. I thought getting the platinum for BB would be easy, until I met him. First boss in a Souls game I've given up on actually

Top Bottom