• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The best mobile game is...

Another one that I miss a lot (besides the one that I posted already) is a bike game similar to Excitebike for Symbian, but I never managed to find it again. I used to play that until the battery died.

If somebody remembers the name I'll appreciate it, the graphics are black and white.

EDIT: The name of the game that I posted is Space Impact:

nokia-games.jpg

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Nah, Lara Croft GO (and Hitman GO, although I like Lara better). That's how you make a mobile touchscreen version of a big series.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Terra Battle, FF Dimensions and Chaos Rings kept me entertained the longest. The Cave shooter ports also work much better than I expected.

Yasawas

Any game which requires an online connection prevents it from being the best. Basically, if you can use one digit, and play it for a single minute at a time and still be productive, it's winning.

This guy gets it. I've tried so many times to overcome my prejudices and enjoy mobile gaming but the so many of them want an internet connection or to show me a tutorial. No. I commute and in a marketplace of infinite options I need to be impressed instantly. GO. I've owned a smartphone since the original iPhone, and Androids since 2010, and the only two other than ports and emulators I can ever recall getting anything out of are Sword & Poker and the surprisingly unmentioned-in-this-thread-until-now Desert Golfing.

I think mobile's just not for me by and large.

I had a lot of fun playing 'Steven Universe: Attack the Light'. Even if you aren't a fan of the show, it's a solid Paper Mario-style role-playing game, and I always recommend it for those who are looking for something fun to play on the road.
I just miss the whole exploration bit of Paper Mario. That's like 2/3 of the fun.

This guy gets it. I've tried so many times to overcome my prejudices and enjoy mobile gaming but the so many of them want an internet connection or to show me a tutorial. No. I commute and in a marketplace of infinite options I need to be impressed instantly. GO. I've owned a smartphone since the original iPhone, and Androids since 2010, and the only two other than ports and emulators I can ever recall getting anything out of are Sword & Poker and the surprisingly unmentioned-in-this-thread-until-now Desert Golfing.

I think mobile's just not for me by and large.
What games have you been playing? I can recommend you literally hundreds of good games that don't require an internet connection. Most of them paid, and many with no or unobtrusive IAP

yophlow

Banned
Thankyou for your (team's) awesome games man.

Thanks :) FYI (if that isn't what you are referring to) Luke and I started a new company this year, and released our first game Land Sliders two months ago. So if anyone wants to check out Luke's latest designs, that's the best place for it.

Chopper

Thanks :) FYI (if that isn't what you are referring to) Luke and I started a new company this year, and released our first game Land Sliders two months ago. So if anyone wants to check out Luke's latest designs, that's the best place for it.
To be honest Phil, I'm a big fan of most things you guys are involved in. Annoying question, but do you think Lands Sliders will be coming to Android at all?

FoxSpirit

play them and you'll find out

this is coming from someone who has played plenty of them. I could explain, but it's best that you give a try and beat the first one, which is now free on both Android and iOS
I actually bought it, played 5 levels and then quit because I didn't want another TD game. Besides, IAP for special powers that help in stage are a major turnoff in a game with star ratings when I can't be sure I can reach good ratings without resorting to buyable consumables (which you also get very slowly by playing).

Nothing in those first 5 levels told me anything beyond standard TD of which I have played tons to the point of exhaustion.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I dont even know what The Room is.

My favorite is XCom Enemy Within. Perfect game for a mobile device, however that isn't with the spirit of the thread since its a port.

As far as straight mobile games go, I don't have one. I typically just enjoy ports.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Threes! is easily my favourite. That and Bejeweled Blitz (and countless, tedious farming games) are the only ones that have kept my attention.

My favorite is XCom Enemy Within. Perfect game for a mobile device, however that isn't with the spirit of the thread since its a port.

As far as straight mobile games go, I don't have one. I typically just enjoy ports.
You should play The Room games, they're fantastic

RowdyReverb

Most recently I've really enjoyed Downwell and Skiing Yeti Mountain.
Best phone game ever would have to be Angry Birds. I mean, there's a reason is was such a sensation.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

Look into it. It's sort of like a super top of the line "escape the room" style game. You have a puzzle box in front of you and you interact with it to discover its secrets with the end goal of opening this damn thing up and finding out whats inside. It's incredibly tactile and feels great. It's worth at least trying so you can understand the experience, then if you like it continuing with the other games. They're cool.

Yasawas

What games have you been playing? I can recommend you literally hundreds of good games that don't require an internet connection. Most of them paid, and many with no or unobtrusive IAP

Literally hundreds? :p I'll settle for half a dozen.

Off the top of my head are those ones that seem to get big OTs on here - Puzzle and Dragons, Terra Battle, Final Fantasy Record Keeper etc. I'm sure they all do or did require network access.

Horp

There are a bunch of decent to good mobile games out there.
Jerpack Joyride, however, is really boring and bad imo. Just an unfun, shallow game.

yophlow

Banned
To be honest Phil, I'm a big fan of most things you guys are involved in. Annoying question, but do you think Lands Sliders will be coming to Android at all?

Not an annoying question at all. Well, maybe not annoying now because the answer is yes :)

We'll announce details on the Prettygreat page soon. Thanks for being awesome.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Just wanted to share that I gave JPJR another chance...

... and another, and another, and another...

Yes, it is a pretty fun, addictive little game. I retract my previous stubbornness and now fully concede to playing this in short bursts while on the bog or something.

However, I do want to say the "watch a video to get a free extra chance" mechanic is not only intrusive, but bugged as well. Several times I've obediently played a video to the end, with the intent of continuing a good run, only to not be able to close the advertisement and return to the game.

The game will then crash, or just display my phone's home screen, and when I go back in it's not only stopped my run, but reset the counters on all active missions. Very frustrating.

Sorry for the rant. If you play JPJR (on Android at least), be wary of watching videos for free extra lives.

Top Bottom