• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gorgeous Game Boy 1UP concept by Florian Renner

Malyse

http://www.florian-renner.com/229285/7975533/projects/game-boy-1up

A personal project of a handheld console as a homage to the original Game Boy of 1989. The project target was to keep the catchy elements of the original and adapt them to the functions and requirements of current games. Software: Cinema4d and Octane

fae51231039385.563e3ec73ae59.gif

Nintendo GAME BOY 1up
Design concept of a handheld console as a homage to the original Game Boy of 1989.
The project target was to keep the catchy elements of the original
and adapt them to the functions and requirements of current games.

4426a731039385.563e3ec365ed3.jpg

85ea3331039385.563e3ebef0011.jpg

c811f031039385.563e3ec5b8d35.jpg

46a8f531039385.563e3ec1702bd.jpg

GAME BOY 1up eco // Handheld console with sustainable organic fibre case

cd2b2931039385.563e3ec9d1781.gif

Region lock me if old.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
It's nice but the D-Pad should be replaced with a circle pad or equivalent. Nobody is gonna want to play that Fallout 4 cartridge with just a D-Pad.

Button layout looks painful. Also that screen doesn't look like the resolution of the original GBA, certainly not the earlier ones, so BC is out. Looks like a decent knock-off at best.

Malyse

Button layout looks painful. Also that screen doesn't look like the resolution of the original GBA, certainly not the earlier ones, so BC is out. Looks like a decent knock-off at best.

The 3DS doesn't have the resolution of the GB but the Virtual Console is still a thing.

uh, you're missing the point here.

it's not supposed to be.

Seems like that's an intended feature since it's sort of like the Micro, given the fact that screen certainly isn't a proper resolution for games like Fallout 4. Not a fan of bordered games like 3DS VC. Maybe this concept is great and I'm reading too much into it. It could be triggering my Neo Geo X PTSD and that's why I can't seem to like it.

Malyse

Seems like that's an intended feature since it's sort of like the Micro, given the fact that screen certainly isn't a proper resolution for games like Fallout 4. Not a fan of bordered games like 3DS VC. Maybe this concept is great and I'm reading too much into it. It could be triggering my Neo Geo X PTSD and that's why I can't seem to like it.

Those are flash cards. A GameBoy game wouldn't fit in the first place.

emag

The number one rule in making a modern handheld device is to maintain the smallest ergonomic arrangement of the necessary components.

Top Bottom