• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Danganronpa V3 featured in Famitsu this week

Considering the robot looking guy has an ahoge, I guess he's the protag.

I thought the exact same thing

What will probably ACTUALLY happen is that he isn't the protagonist, but some robot who was programmed to THINK he is the protagonist. He will be voiced by Hinata's seiyuu just to throw everyone off and just fuck with people. Because that's the kind of bullshit they're willing to pull at Spike-Chunsoft

Also saying it now, girl on the right is the protagonist. If not she's just the 'main girl' or whatever. Unless they wanna do dual protagonists this time around, be ambitious and shit.

Rich!

Sölf;187274421 said:
That was one of the first things I noticed, even though I had no idea what the "da" was for.

Same. As Byakuya was there, I assumed it was set after the first and all the characters had lost their minds or let themselves go.

Obbbbvioously not.

Nothing will beat Nagito Komaeda...an anagram of "Makoto Naegi Da" (I am Makoto Naegi)

tumblr_inline_mxwo4q3DSV1qeughn.png

FluxWaveZ

Are you people serious?

This is why people say they had no idea what "11037" meant when they first saw it, when I thought it was the most obvious thing in the world and made that whole case laughable. You guys need to play more Ace Attorney or something.

Rich!

Are you people serious?

This is why people say they had no idea what "11037" meant when they first saw it, when I thought it was the most obvious thing in the world and made that whole case laughable. You guys need to play more Ace Attorney or something.

As soon as I saw that number I thought "haha they must be kidding". And all the characters were like DUHHH WUT DUS THIS MEAN LOL. It's "LEON" you twats.

But to be fair, that trial was more of a tutorial than anything. And now after playing both games numerous times, I'm of the opinion that DR1 is a tutorial for the batshit insane DR2.

IMPROVED IMPROVED HANGMAN'S GAMBIT

At some point it'll work right , right ?

All i want is those beautifull rebutall challenges
I hope references to the previous game are kept at a minimum and I especially hope
Junko doesn't factor into the main narrative again

At this point
junko is like ganon in the zelda games
, i fully expect her to be the final boss ( AGAIN )

GoldStarz

I don't think that's a good comparison. NISA localized both Danganronpa 1 and Danganronpa 2 the year that Danganronpa: Another Episode came out in Japan. DR2 literally came out around 3 weeks in NA before DR:AE was released in Japan. Now that the West has finally "caught up" to the Japanese releases, localization priority and scheduling could change.
Except Kyle Hebert's confusion about the release dates between DR1 and DR2 tells us they were more or less done with recording for SDR2 by that point, meaning there wasn't really anything holding them back from moving onto DRAE.

h0tp0ck3t

Chapter 3 and only Level 1? Yeah not buying that, both these two off it in Chapter 1 lol
I hope that girl is the Protag she looks cool

FluxWaveZ

Except Kyle Hebert's confusion about the release dates between DR1 and DR2 tells us they were more or less done with recording for SDR2 by that point, meaning there wasn't really anything holding them back from moving onto DRAE.

Localization work isn't finished when English voice acting is. Persona 4: Dancing All Night had its VA work finished months before it was released in September. We don't know the intricacies of localization, but there's definitely a lot more to it than what we see. It could even be a simple question of timing, and not releasing the DR games too close to each other in the West.

Paltheos

Whaat? Some of you guys didn't get that Nagito Komaeda is an anagram of Makoto Naegi? I immediately felt something was off about Nagito - Then I noticed his face and voice are exactly the same as Makoto's and then saw the name connection.

Well, that's one very Nagito-looking robot (?) guy. I wonder why?
I wasn't expecting anything to come before the presentation this week but this is good. Of course I don't believe them when they said is a completely new setting, especially when considering the developments that happened in Another Episode.

And please, even if I love her character, no more Junko as the mastermind.

FluxWaveZ

especially when considering the developments that happened in Another Episode.

I would bet you anything what happens in Another Episode is close to irrelevant for what happens in DR V3. It's a spin-off title that isn't designed to lead into anything significant for the mainline titles. It's squarely placed between DR1 and DR2 partly because of that.

Team Danganronpa will be making DR games other than mainline ones. That's where developments in AE could be continued in a big way.

Team Danganronpa will be making DR games other than mainline ones. That's where developments in AE could be continued in a big way.

Actually I was expecting to see Monaka in the new story, but no more than coming comig form Another Episode. i believe any exploration of the world after the events of the series will be in spin-offs as you say, considering that now Danganronpa has its own team and is not limited to the main storyline.

Also, where's my fighter game Spike Chunsoft?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
As soon as I saw that number I thought "haha they must be kidding". And all the characters were like DUHHH WUT DUS THIS MEAN LOL. It's "LEON" you twats.

But to be fair, that trial was more of a tutorial than anything. And now after playing both games numerous times, I'm of the opinion that DR1 is a tutorial for the batshit insane DR2.
To be fair, that case probably worked a lot better in the original Japanese since they maybe didn't think of the numbers being letters. Probably the only case which didn't translate well into English.

I wouldn't be too surprised if the inevitable twist is that none of the characters in the pre-release screenshots even make it into the final game. Raiden all over again.

Rich!

Not all of us are fluent in Japanese :V
Although part of my mind felt like Nagito's name was an anagram for Makoto.

It doesn't take Japanese knowedlege to notice that Nagito Komaeda is an anagram of Makoto Naegi. Aside from those two letters obviously

If they're telling the truth and there really is no connection, I hope they have other games planned to resolve what was set up in AE.

Anyway, HYPE

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I'm a little worried about the "new" thing, changes can be good but also bad, DR1&2 had their faults but i really loved them.

I like what I'm hearing, the series could use some freshening up with a different setting. Of course the "no connection" thing probably isn't for real.

If they're telling the truth and there really is no connection, I hope they have other games planned to resolve what was set up in AE.

Anyway, HYPE
AE doesn't really demand a sequel. Of course it will probably get one anyway.

It was that bad?

It's solid as a fanservice game (not the lewd kind of fanservice). I was definitely invested, what with finding out how fucked up the outside world became and what was going on with other characters. I do think there's an interesting take on the morality the series has built up and child villains as well, though I definitely have some problems with the "messages".

Honestly, it's probably my GOTY, though it would be 5 spaces lower in a year that didn't suck. Definitely not on the same level as the numbered DR games.

I can take or leave the combat though.

Nasser

I haven't played AE. Is it as good as the first 2 games story wise? I've seen some videos and I didn't find the gameplay to be that interesting (that's why I didn't get it)

Jamix012

Another Episode is trash and should be forgotten about >:\

I know this is not a popular opinion but I thought it was markedly better than the first game. Though I will acknowledge it had moments that made me a little uncomfortable at points.

That having been said I don't want THAT CHARACTER (you know the one if you're played it) to make a re-appearance.

It was that bad?
Kind of yeah. AE wasn't a good game.

It demands something, whether it be a light novel, a manga or whatever else. There are too many lingering plot points for it to be a satisfying conclusion.
I don't agree. It doesn't actually have many loose ends and it actually ends pretty conclusively. Not every moment in every characters life needs to be spelled out.

I haven't played AE. Is it as good as the first 2 games story wise? I've seen some videos and I didn't find the gameplay to be that interesting (that's why I didn't get it)
No. It's by far the worst Danganronpa game by every measure other than visuals.

Puruzi

Banned
I know this is not a popular opinion but I thought it was markedly better than the first game. Though I will acknowledge it had moments that made me a little uncomfortable at points.

That having been said I don't want THAT CHARACTER (you know the one if you're played it) to make a re-appearance.

Same, I like AE more than 1 too

I do want that character to reappear though

I don't agree. It doesn't actually have many loose ends and it actually ends pretty conclusively. Not every moment in every characters life needs to be spelled out.

How so?
The conflict that started the game is still ongoing, the main villain is on the loose and still has some Monokuma Kid henchman, the Warriors of Hope are still alive even if they have switched sides, and of course the two protagonists are still in the city.

At a base level, it doesn't need much to resolve this. They could find a document in 3 that says something like
the Warriors of Hope were kidnapped and put in the Neo World Program, Monaca gets captured or dies without doing anything (which would be incredibly anti-climactic, but something the series would do), and Future Foundation swoops in and deactivates the kids' helmets while the adults are put in refugee centers or something.

Hell, I'd even take that as a comment by Kodaka himself and not actually in any works, but as it stands, I am not even close to satisfied with how AE ended and I figured it would be addressed in a future installment.

Top Bottom