• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo collaborates with Moschino, "Super Moschino" project

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Few fashion designers play on straight-up childhood nostalgia like Jeremy Scott, especially when it comes to his collections at Moschino. Since he's taken the creative lead at the house, he's incorporated classic characters like Barbie, Nickelodeon's SpongeBob SquarePants, Cartoon Network's Powerpuff Girls and the Looney Tunes in his designs, bringing the once-ubiquitous pop culture icons back into the collective consciousness for a season or two.

Just in time for the holiday season, the Italian label unveiled the "Super Moschino" project, a collaboration with Nintendo to celebrate the 30th anniversary of Mario — one half of the world-famous Super Mario Bros. Video game lovers can expect to see the likes of Luigi, Princess Peach, Toad, Bowser and more printed on T-shirts, handbags and accessories, as well as on intarsia knit sweaters in Crayola-bright colors. The line will be available in full starting Dec. 5 on Moschino's website and in select stores around the globe.

Website is up and down but here are some pictures of the products. Heads up if you want to buy your daughter/girlfriend/wife some nice products
http://experience.moschino.com/en/2015/12/03/super-moschino/

wQgEt1b.jpg

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
My line of thought as follows:

Stupid fashion clothing, ugh.

Is there a particular reason the model declined to wear pants?

Man Nintendo really kinda dropped the ball on Mario's 30th anniversary this year huh?

Lijik

i like the orange sweater a lot. theres something about the non-standard Vitruvian Man esque art mixed with the Super Moschino logo that makes it feel like a weird bootleg. i wouldnt actually buy it but i kinda like it.

Quonny

She doesn't look nerdy for starters, maybe with other model it would be worked

Model is gorgeous. Has nothing to do with how she looks in the clothes. The clothes are just tacky as hell. Gaming clothing only works when it's understated, like a traditional polo with a small logo where the brand would be, or when you use a theme. For example, with Mario, I can think of how the tradtional 1-Up mushroom could be made into a nice looking blouse using the color green and putting white circles/polka dots on it, with maybe a tan seam at the bottom. It's a 1-Up mushroom, but it doesn't slam you in the face with GAMINGLOL.

They look like those "I just woke up, do you have a shirt I can use for a moment?" But then you remember they are gaming related.

javac

Nintendo has been doing a lot of brand partnerships lately, right?

Yeah they've been utilizing their IP a bit more as of late as well as collaborating in weird ways, but that's always been a thing Nintendo have done :p Mario Maker and Facebook, Playboy and Bayonetta, Splatoon and Yogurty/Yogen Früz etc.

qko

From Nintendo's recent statements, you can expect more of this kind of merch.

Interesting how the world of High Fashion will clash with the video game world. If the Moschino Looney Toons collection is any indication, those "tacky" sweaters will run up between $500-$800.

Ninja Dom

SUPERB!!!

I'm definitely gonna buy me some of that.

I'm still gutted that I missed out on some of the Mario x BAPE collection from 2008. I look every now and again on eBay to see if any clothing pieces are there but they're really expensive now.

No matter how hard companies try, this "early 90s nerd look" will never, ever look good.

Moschino Barbie has been very popular with upper middle class white girls here. These crossovers are IMO very ugly, but some of them have been popular.

Doubt these in the pics will be.
Maybe there will be other, more appealing designs that might be ok.

Top Bottom