• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lucasfilm still lookin at possibly developing Star Wars 1313

Salsa

reported along the news of them also looking at the Star Wars live action TV show, both of which were allegedly cancelled once the propery was bought by Disney

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-tv-show/

No. No, interestingly enough, thats an area we’ve spent a lot of time, reading through the material that he developed is something we very much would like to explore. And there was 1313 the game, where there was….

I wasn’t expecting her to bring up Star Wars 1313, a highly anticipated video game that was seemingly canceled after the Disney purchase. I interjected that “The concept art for that looked amazing!”

Kathleen Kennedy continued:

Unbelievable. So our attitude is, we don’t want to throw any of that stuff away. It’s gold. And it’s something we’re spending a lot of time looking at, pouring through, discussing, and we may very well develop those things further. We definitely want to.

xlarge.gif

I won't hold my breath. If they were going to make it why didn't they just let Lucasarts just do it originally, could have been out by now

Salsa

It's dead guys, let it go.
I really want this to happen

pretty sure everyone let go

interview was about the TV show, she just brought the game up out the blue

it'd be a different thing if she was asked about it directly

as far fetched as this is the fact that it wasnt even asked is pretty cool

Kathian

Banned
We didn't know very much of the game honestly so if they did make it it would just be a new Star Wars game with that title slapped on it. Most likely it would get a new title anyway.

Sulik2

Whelp, seems like it might get brought back at some point if Kathleen Kennedy sounds that interested in it. Please, just don't let it be a mobile butchering of the concept.

This was the game about Boba Fett, right?

If so, it's not happening. We might get some other version with a different character but Disney are making a Boba standalone movie, so there's no way they'll be making a game about him too.

Yes please! Episode VII profits will easily fund it! (I know it's Disney's prerogative and the whole EA exclusive deal would need to be overcome}

_Spr_Drnk

Banned
1313 looked like the more promising of any Star Wars game of recent times, here's hoping they can bring it back from the carbonite without any long term blindness.

Edit: recentisis.

DorkyMohr

Banned
I wouldn't be surprised if this was backburnered as Disney took on the effort of refining the consistency of the Star Wars brand, then revisited once they had the movie and other properties on the way. The whole point of 1313 was that it was supposed to be a kind of reaction to what the series had been for the past decade or so.

Arttemis

OMG ANY THING IS POSSIBLE!

1313 and Jedi Knight 3 / Force Unleashed 3 by Platinum games coming in 2017!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Truly the year of dreams.
This was the game about Boba Fett, right?

If so, it's not happening. We might get some other version with a different character but Disney are making a Boba standalone movie, so there's no way they'll be making a game about him too.
You don't think they'd rework the story and release it alongside the film for maximum promotion and making it cannon to the new film?

Sounds like a fullproof opportunity.

Outrun

Unfortunately Disney will only commit to that which will yield maximum profits.

If research shows that they could make more money turning SW into a musical, you bet that they would go that direction.

I would not expect anything 1313 related from them soon.

Salsa

1313 was originally based on the TV show -- read this story for more info! -- so this isn't really out of the blue. Also, don't count on this ever happening.

oh, interesting

I really don't count on it, but its nice to know that they're at least looking at whatever they already had before the purchase. I'd at least give them the fact that they'd probably use that concept art and some of those concepts for something else / a new different game?

Well it doesnt necesarily mean that theyre looking into developing the actual game. Seems more like she was just commenting on the art and ideas from that project. They may reuse some of that stuff in newly developed future media whether it be games or movies or tv.

btrboyev

don't. That means it would be coming from EA. Also, there's no way the current gen would be running what they 3 years ago.

Top Bottom