• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X post game discussion [UNMARKED SPOILERS]

Jolkien

I agree that the fuel system was badly implemented. Could've gone just line Xenogears and only attack done should drain it.

Chaos17

I saw some late game affinity quests and... I wonder what happened because some of them are just like the ending of the game : a teaser XD

So wonder if they wanted to make the game bigger but had to cut due to time...

The fuel system bothered me but by the time I got multiple skells I had already finished all of the AMs except for 1. So I had nothing much to spend it on and got around 35k at a time.

I just think the skell system in general was flawed. If a skell is destroyed they force you to go to the barracks and look at the terminal hangar and leave. You're adding two extra unnecessary steps that are just an annoyance since people can fast travel from anywhere and will need to do it since you need skells. The Frontier nav should've had like a "deliver skell" option.

I only used like 5k fuel at a time with skells with how often I came back. But then the final mission occurs and it doesn't even occur to them to I don't know add a fucking skell terminal inside?

I complain because the mech boss has this bullshit area attack that killed every mech but mine. If I hadn't kept my mech having to fight the lizards would've been horrible but I had an aoe so who cares.

I feel that whole final chapter was never really talked through with other team members. Like no one had the balls to say "hey guys what if x or y happens?". It seems like they never considered the player may be underprepared and instead of allowing them to go back and prepare more no fuck you, you have to do it all over again.

Like did they never considered that some ground gear groups could be pretty fucked? I was forced to bring Elma with me everywhere so there goes one character slot. Then Lin who is a shitty tank that hated using her tanking abilities effectively because AI.

The fourth I now realize I shouldn't have brought Hope. She kinda blows.

Not_Mario

Neo Member
I just beat it and have a question. With the memory storage destroyed does that mean everyone is stuck in their mims or could they still be transferred to real bodies even though their memories just seem to exist in somekind of soul-like consciousness?

I really like the premise that they set up here and I hope the new Xenoblade will be some sort of Episode 2.

Also what did Lin mean by the last line in her monologue: "We can once again set out to search for the planet we left behind." What planet would that be? Earth is destroyed.

Vena

Watched the opening scene again. Looks like the Ares-70 pilot (the unknown hero) probably dies in the defense since he's outside of the Whale when it comes crashing down.

Also. What are the Xe-Dom? They seem to be guardians of Mira rather than Ganglion.

Wait, Hope sucks? I've been trying to up her Affinity. She seems... fine.

depending on your build and party I guess. Mine was Elma, Lin as their regular classes. Then me as a dual swords/psycho launcher and then hope.

Should've picked a better party member but essentially Lin had to aggro everybody and Hope had like no role in the combat because she'd die super quickly. We needed at least one more heavy damage dealer/tank. Should've gone with the drunk sword dude.

Astral Dog

I saw some late game affinity quests and... I wonder what happened because some of them are just like the ending of the game : a teaser XD

So wonder if they wanted to make the game bigger but had to cut due to time...
Unlikely theen it could be bad (worse) planning or design. as they said they only focused on gameplay this time, with story being a small part. a plikely hint to a sequel when they should resolve and focus on delivering a decent plot would be expected, but who knows ...

Chaos17

I just beat it and have a question. With the memory storage destroyed does that mean everyone is stuck in their mims or could they still be transferred to real bodies even though their memories just seem to exist in somekind of soul-like consciousness?

I really like the premise that they set up here and I hope the new Xenoblade will be some sort of Episode 2.

Also what did Lin mean by the last line in her monologue: "We can once again set out to search for the planet we left behind." What planet would that be? Earth is destroyed.

1. Yup, they're stuck and can't change bodies because they needed their original to do so. That's why the hero we make is intersting because he/she should've never awaken since the system is out of service. Just like Lao should've not be revived.

2. same

3. she thinks they're other survivors like the white whale, that's what she hope.

Not_Mario

Neo Member
1. Yup, they're stuck and can't change bodies because they needed their original to do so. That's why the hero we make is intersting because he/she should've never awaken since the system is out of service. Just like Lao should've not be revived.

2. same

3. she thinks they're other survivors like the white whale, that's what she hope.

That's interesting then because nobody would age if they continue a direct story. Gives me Lightning Returns vibes.

This is probably just pointless speculation, but in theory they could create a new generation of humans with real bodies, couldn't they? They have that big Zohar-looking genetic data unit and all that protoplasmic fluid so even if they can't recreate the people as adults with their memories they could have them created as babies?

Chaos17

Unlikely theen it could be bad (worse) planning or design. as they said they only focused on gameplay this time, with story being a small part. a plikely hint to a sequel when they should resolve and focus on delivering a decent plot would be expected, but who knows ...

Some affinity quests were clearly more fleshed out than the others.
Specialy Irina if you compared her with Murdress quest.
One is getting a closure, the other is just a random quest, lol

That's interesting then because nobody would age if they continue a direct story. Gives me Lightning Returns vibes.

This is probably just pointless speculation, but in theory they could create a new generation of humans with real bodies, couldn't they? They have that big Zohar-looking genetic data unit and all that protoplasmic fluid so even if they can't recreate the people as adults with their memories they could have them created as babies?
This option could let us create alien hero for next game :D

Edit : here's a good topic that compile lore of both games
https://www.reddit.com/r/Xenoblade_Chronicles/comments/3x9pwb/heavy_spoilers_inside_chronicles_x/

Not_Mario

Neo Member
I just did a quest here and I thought this was an interesting little piece of information
wiiu_screenshot_tv_010eu3n.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01kfubn.jpg
Could it be possible for some sort of sequel to have another of the ark ships to somehow get pulled into Mira? Maybe one of the ships that opted into putting people into stasis like Elma said rather than going with NLA's solution?

Amalthea

Banned
Imagine the sequel has much more continents and all the arks from Earth landed somewhere on Mira.

Did everyone also notice how the relics in Cauldros have human faces? Samaarians?

Chaos17

Imagine the sequel has much more continents and all the arks from Earth landed somewhere on Mira.

Did everyone also notice how the relics in Cauldros have human faces? Samaarians?

From what I read on the reddit link, I would say that I would be totally happy if in the end everything connect to each other from game 1 to game 3 or 4, lol.

Things would make sense little by little, we would be able to see more aliens cities, get some aliens buddies along the way too!

I know that is something writers can pull off, I've been watching many asian tv series lately and that's kinda their speciality (when done well). Make a giant web spider and connect/reveal everything. *drool*

Ulysses 31

Something about what Lin says at the end: "... to search for the planet we left behind."

Do they not know Earth is no more?

Formless

The ending left a kinda poor taste in my mouth. I was ready to get 2 more lvl 50 skells and complete affinity missions but I'm gonna take a break.

I think I enjoyed playing X more than the original, but the original was a lot more interesting plot-wise. But Mira and exploring it is just really fun and easy to do.

Wagram

Had big problems with the overall experience (mainly the story presentation and pacing) but I liked the content of the main story. Many questions that still need answering. Here's hoping the next one returns to story form.

There's a lot of mystery surrounding Mira - all aliens speaking English, races being unable to leave, the ganglion being taken by a "strange light", and the mimeosomes surviving despite the fact the database is destroyed.

I don't believe they ever answered what exactly the Great One was either.

Chaos17

Something about what Lin says at the end: "... to search for the planet we left behind."

Do they not know Earth is no more?

In the opening cinematic, we did saw the earth getting blasted and Lao said the earth was destroyed too.

The ending left a kinda poor taste in my mouth. I was ready to get 2 more lvl 50 skells and complete affinity missions but I'm gonna take a break.

I think I enjoyed playing X more than the original, but the original was a lot more interesting plot-wise. But Mira and exploring it is just really fun and easy to do.
That's totally normal because we have no closure in XCX while there is a proper one in XC.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I need a sequel... I'm sorry but I have many questions about this planet.

I hope they do the missions in the next game. The ones in this one were way too good to discard.

MechaX

Just finished the main story. I did have a good time and clocked in at 65 hours, but... yikes, this game was pretty much the very definition of an experimental game.

I say "experimental" in the sense that it tries so many different things, and with almost every 2 good ideas it does, it does 1 really, really bad idea in turn. Don't get me wrong, other games have experimented with certain shit too with much more disastrous results, which is why I can really appreciate this game (and Monolith as well).

But in echoing a lot of what people have been saying about the game, I feel like the team really needs to take a look at the original Xenoblade for a second due to how there are definitely things that were done a hell of a lot better then than here.

First, I really think they need to ditch the XCX party system. The multiple party member thing didn't work in Chrono Cross, was kind of one of the weaker elements in FF6, and it definitely does not work here. There are characters that were showing up in the last mission that I didn't even know existed. XCX is just so... schizophrenic and inconsistent with the character system; you have all of these party members who will contribute jack shit to the main story unless they are Lin/Elma, or to a lesser extent, Lao. Oh, you like using Irina/Doug/Gwin/someone else? Well too bad, can't use them in a story mission because they either show up in a cutscene doing something else, or it's a Lin/Elma affair only. They don't level up outside of the party either? Well I know you can catch them up quick, but that's already one strike against using someone like a lvl 20 Murderess when I have a level 52 Celica who can do everything fine. It's just... not good and the system often works against itself. Just have a cast of defined characters like Xenogears/Saga/Blade 1 and go from there. And no more created MCs if the MC is going to do jack shit in the game (fuck, your main barely even shows up in the ending!)

Second, Skells are cool, I think. Some of them in vehicle mode handle like they are in an ice rink at times, but they are fine enough from an exploration standpoint. From a battle system standpoint, I'm OK with how things turned out, but the fuel system.... next time, just do what Xenogears did when it came to gear fuel and call it a day. In another XCX title, I would love to see skells make a return, but maybe tie them into the story more like Gears or Saga. Or at the very least, have them show up in actual cutscenes (it was pretty disappointing that the skell that Elma was in during the Chapter 12 battle cutscene morphed into the same generic NLA skell).

Third, the story... I like what the game was trying to do thematically, but... No, go back to the drawing board in terms of execution next time. Say what you will about the original Xenoblade's story, I liked the fact that things at least kept happening throughout the story. XCX has a shitload of dropped or unresolved plot threads (tainted ones, Telethia, this angle about Mira being sentient, some side quest mentions about data transmissions to other White Whale ships even shortly leading up to the crash, Lao and the Black Testament-looking motherfucker on the beach, etc), and still manages to be fairly minimal until it just does an info dump in Ch 12. And I think going back to a smaller cast would also facilitate a tighter narrative; at least one where Lin doesn't fucking run "lol cook tatsu" joke through Mira's fucking core and out the other end of the planet.

In short, it was definitely a game I had fun with... but there are a lot of things I would love to be improved upon in the next game, as I believe that prior games in the series did a lot of what XCX tries to do even better at some points. But what this has motivated me to do is to replay the Xenosaga series!

Ulysses 31

In the opening cinematic, we did saw the earth getting blasted and Lao said the earth was destroyed too.

That's totally normal because we have no closure in XCX while there is a proper one in XC.

Then what's the meaning behind the word to search for the planet they left behind then? 0o

R.D.Blax

Finished the game today, and I want a sequel already ! They can't let us with just that right ? There is now way the cool design of the purple mech will only be used for some quick intro !

There is so much question unanswered damn it, and this other colony ship which managed to contact the White Whale just before the crash...

Vena

So I figured out some stuff about the Xe-Dom.

The bestiary actually tells you what they are if you look them by as a species, and their various parts also tell stories. They are exhumed mechs from Mira that were accidentally glitched into obeying the Ganglion. They are otherwise neutral. I also think the ones patrolling are the only ones actually "evil", while the ones we find inert that activate upon being approached are inactive and either recently exhumed (like the ones in Cauldros and surround by Puges), the Guardian, or the various ones scattered throughout Mira. They attack us because they defend whatever it is they were left there to guard, though most of them don't seem to be guarding anything anymore.

The Guardian is guarding the waters/oasis of life there in Noctilum.
The Xe-dom in Cauldros are guarding the ruins invaded by the Ganglion.

There are a few boss Xe-dom that are seemingly not controlled as they have names like "Imprisoned" and such, and are surrounded by guardian Oc-Servs. The white Guardian in the lake is obviously not controlled either. There is one "named" Xe-dom I've run in to that is actually controlled, though.

Anyway, that's a whole lot of stuff about nothing but I found it interesting. I was wondering what the Xe-dom were since unlike any other mecha they don't seem to be Ganglion and they cannot be seen in the opening cutscene.

R.D.Blax

So I figured out some stuff about the Xe-Dom.

The bestiary actually tells you what they are if you look them by as a species, and their various parts also tell stories. They are exhumed mechs from Mira that were accidentally glitched into obeying the Ganglion. They are otherwise neutral. I also think the ones patrolling are the only ones actually "evil", while the ones we find inert that activate upon being approached are inactive and either recently exhumed (like the ones in Cauldros and surround by Puges), the Guardian, or the various ones scattered throughout Mira. They attack us because they defend whatever it is they were left there to guard, though most of them don't seem to be guarding anything anymore.

The Guardian is guarding the waters/oasis of life there in Noctilum.
The Xe-dom in Cauldros are guarding the ruins invaded by the Ganglion.

There are a few boss Xe-dom that are seemingly not controlled as they have names like "Imprisoned" and such, and are surrounded by guardian Oc-Servs. The white Guardian in the lake is obviously not controlled either. There is one "named" Xe-dom I've run in to that is actually controlled, though.

Anyway, that's a whole lot of stuff about nothing but I found it interesting. I was wondering what the Xe-dom were since unlike any other mecha they don't seem to be Ganglion and they cannot be seen in the opening cutscene.

Oc-serv anfd Fal-swo too are mech from Mira, and they have all name in two part now that I think about it, and even tyrant of these categories have two part name... But that probably don't mean much.

On another note, I wonder how all these xenophobic people we meet in some side quest would had felt about Elma true identity.

Fandangox

oh lol nvm this is the spoiler thread.

Actually, now that I think about, I wonder if the Telethia have the same origins as in Xenoblade...

ultimalionbgh

Neo Member
So I started a second character. Just noticed in one of the first few affinity mission "we were soldier" Doug slipped up that the Skell that Elma uses on Earth is a tandem skell. Looks like that original Ares may be a two-pilot skell. I'm really getting the feeling that this will be important in the sequel. Of course Doug was interrupted before he mentions the name.

Jolkien

So I started a second character. Just noticed in one of the first few affinity mission "we were soldier" Doug slipped up that the Skell that Elma uses on Earth is a tandem skell. Looks like that original Ares may be a two-pilot skell. I'm really getting the feeling that this will be important in the sequel. Of course Doug was interrupted before he mentions the name.

I wonder who was piloting with Elma then, was it the nameless hero that died ?

wrowa

I don't think there will be a sequel. It just wouldn't make sense from a gameplay point of view, despite the cliffhanger ending. Mira is pretty much set and exploring the same areas again would be quite boring. Adding additional continents wouldn't really work either, except if they cut the existing continents and New L.A. from the playable world (otherwise it would just become impossible to fill the world with actual things to do), but that would be kind of weird as well.

Exploring Mira again might be interesting if the game is set far enough into the future so that humanity actually already changed the environment quite a bit. But with the ending we have, they kinda can't go into the future since the survivors need to resolve their body problem first.

I guess a prequel might work where you see an ancient civilization that used to live on Mira and that explains what's so unique about the planet (and why the civilization has gone extinct), but that approach would leave the original's plot threads unresolved as well...

They could follow another one of ships that escaped Earth, but that could easily just feel like a repeat. Maybe a ship that established themselves on a new planet already and is now searching for other survivors in space (eventually finding Mira) or something.

But, honestly, I think we'll see a completely new game. It's Monolith after all, Takahashi is kinda known for not properly ending his stories. :p

Well, I guess there's also the possibility that Nintendo wants the next game to be lower budget, which might force them to re-use Mira.

NeonZ

I actually like the custom main hero and large party selection. Really, I don't think I'd have an hero screaming stuff like "Beam shield!" and 'Hah! Hah! Hah! I'm invincible!" if there were a set personality. Anyway, yes, there are definitely problems regarding their implementation in the game. We know that the main story was initially written for a speaking protagonist, not the silent avatar that we got - but it feels like the protagonist was originally meant to be Elma herself, with the avatar randomly tacked onto the story, and often just left without anything relevant.

Still, in the side-quests the avatar often seems to have a more active role in spite of still being silent, so I think the main story could have worked better even with a silent avatar. Extra party members could use a system similar to the one in Xenoblade's sidequests, where they have some stock phrases used in dialogue. They already appear and move in the cutscenes, so adding some generic, or specific, quotes at points wouldn't be a big leap.

If the main character is actually the avatar next time too, then they wouldn't need so many quests requiring one or two specific party members.

I don't think there will be a sequel. It just wouldn't make sense from a gameplay point of view, despite the cliffhanger ending. Mira is pretty much set and exploring the same areas again would be quite boring. Adding additional continents wouldn't really work either, except if they cut the existing continents and New L.A. from the playable world (otherwise it would just become impossible to fill the world with actual things to do), but that would be kind of weird as well.

Like I mentioned before, it could involve some group that manages to break out of Mira somehow. The galaxy around it is unknown too according to the time traveler, just like the planet itself, so it could still be tied to solving Mira's mysteries.

Alternatively, an exploration group is sent to another part of Mira and then stumbles upon another colony ship. That'd allow them to completely change the world, avoid rebuilding areas from Xenoblade, but still keep the story in Mira and taking place right after X.

They could even combine both worlds if they did something like keeping the original area from Xenoblade just for post-game stuff, like a Pokemon Gold & Silver thing. But that's only feasible if Xenoblade X's assets are good enough to be reused in the sequel.

Well, I guess there's also the possibility that Nintendo wants the next game to be lower budget, which might force them to re-use Mira.

But the budget was already the reason we got less main story focus here...

Chaos17

I am so gonna miss to create my own avatar if the dev go back to a pre-determined hero Q_Q I just love my red haired Mc.
I also hope that Nintendo will give some update to next game just like Splatoon, Mario Maker or even Smash are having.
I feel so unfair to not have more content for XCX, we could had some expansion for example.

Vena

This game was already a low budget affair. It was a playground/sandbox for MonolithSoft to learn their ways through HD development and world building for 'Open World' games.

To do this they focused their small-ish team on that stuff and left the story as largely backseat but still tried to somewhat entertain it.

That said. With how wonky Mira is in terms of "reality", they could just use Mira again and handwave the whole land warping into some new form or whatever. Or just have the main character wake up on Mira as we know it, and then stumble into a portal to a not!Mira. With some updated textures, they could probably import the whole original Mira with minimal effort as I'd assume their engine is going to carry forward for HD development from here on.

Chaos17

Some nice analyze that I found on Reddit : https://www.reddit.com/r/Xenoblade_.../xcx_ending_discussion_major_spoilers_inside/

Elma's true form isn't an android. Her specific species name is mentioned once by the guy in the green tank top in one of the chapters however Elma forces him to not explain what it is.
It didn't click in until after the fact that was what he said, so I cannot recall what the word was used to describe him.

Telethia helped you in Chapter 6 because it is the "judge of hope" and remain "unkilled" for all this time. "She" intervened because "she" believed that a match with three boss-lion-things would be unfair, however that raises the question on why "she" didn't help anyone else.

(Speculation) Lao died and the island is the game's version of heaven where his wife found him.

Also in the same quest that explains Telethia, it is implied that the "magical energy" coming off of Telethia's scales is what is keeping everyone alive, allowing others to understand other languages, and why the tower didn't shut down at 0%.

As for L, the game doesn't explain anything about him. A review I saw pointed out something about him that makes him more confusing. He never says "I" or "Me" he only is "Us" and "We".
And the review explain it may just be his broken English or he could be like the Nemekians (Piccolo's race) from Dragon Ball Z where he was several creatures that live by fusing together... But that is all.

Shahadan

They can just use another continent we haven't seen and that's it. They could even not allow us to return to new LA and the current land. There is an infinity of things they can do, but roaming what we know of Mira again is probably not one of them.

As for L, the game doesn't explain anything about him. A review I saw pointed out something about him that makes him more confusing. He never says "I" or "Me" he only is "Us" and "We".
And the review explain it may just be his broken English or he could be like the Nemekians (Piccolo's race) from Dragon Ball Z where he was several creatures that live by fusing together... But that is all.

Considering the voice they gave him I thought it was simply the royal we. Anyway he's called Lucifer so he's probably something special. Maybe Mira is hell after all! Or rather purgatory I guess. Everything in this plot screams "afterlife"
This is Lost all over again! In space!

Vena

I don't think Telethia keeping things alive makes much sense. How would it reach/affect regions so far as Cauldros or Oblivia? And it doesn't explain a lot of the other mysteries unless the Telethia is effectively omnipresent and omniscient.

Also the moment we kill it, we'd all drop dead, lol.

R.D.Blax

Maybe the telethia is just a concentrating point of this energy, and not the source, it that make any sense. I'm not their yet in the game tough so I'm probably talking non-sense !

Or maybe the Telethia is just invincible and just taking a nap because he is bored when you "beat" him

The Telethia is probably not that powerful. It's probably more like the Planet's Police, showing up when something needs fixing.
Based on sidequests and flavortext we know this about the Telethia:
  • It is related to the Orphean's Ovah in some profound way
  • It DOES NOT like the mutated human-like Orphes
  • It is intelligent and capable of purposeful action
  • It functions as a balancer of sorts, destroying anything that gets too out of hand
  • It is otherwise not hostile to the species of Mira
L is a bigger mystery than the Telethia. Throughout the game you learn nothing about him or his species or anything. He's just some guy who's into capitalism.

Also that bit about Lao is clearly not heaven. It would make no sense unless his wife has a penchant for wearing dark mysterious black clothing. Also i'm pretty sure the island he wakes up on is one of the ones between Sylvalum and Primordia.

Zenaku

The way he talks is down to the localization. He refers to himself with "watashi" in the Japanese version.

In a sequel it may be difficult to expand the landmass, with the game taking up the space it does (map data is around 2GB, but data for characters/enemies and the like takes up a huge amount of space, although Monolith Soft use their own filetypes, so they may be able to compress them a bit more).

Even if Nintendo makes dual layered discs it'd make a digital version difficult. The options I see for a sequel are either it taking place on the existing continents with some major changes (maybe the "weapon" or whatever it is buried under the desert and elsewhere gets unearthed, changing the landscape) or it wakes place on new continents (either elsewhere on the planet or on one of the many moons) with either another ship, or NLA can get moved with alien tech.

I also think people may be underestimating the overall scope of the story. Takahashi supposedly wrote a lot of story before making this game. Considering how much went into Xenogears, I don't doubt there's a lot more to come. Not all of the episodes in Xenogears would've been the length of Xenogears V.

Vena

The Telethia is probably not that powerful. It's probably more like the Planet's Police, showing up when something needs fixing.
Based on sidequests and flavortext we know this about the Telethia:
  • It is related to the Orphean's Ovah in some profound way
  • It DOES NOT like the mutated human-like Orphes
  • It is intelligent and capable of purposeful action
  • It functions as a balancer of sorts, destroying anything that gets too out of hand
  • It is otherwise not hostile to the species of Mira
L is a bigger mystery than the Telethia. Throughout the game you learn nothing about him or his species or anything. He's just some guy who's into capitalism.

Also that bit about Lao is clearly not heaven. It would make no sense unless his wife has a penchant for wearing dark mysterious black clothing. Also i'm pretty sure the island he wakes up on is one of the ones between Sylvalum and Primordia.

There's a few interesting bits on the Telethia and the Yggdrasil. There's the (Ygg) Queen in Sylvalum, a land of crystal and white. And there's the Telethia in Noctilum, a land of life and color. These seem to be in juxtaposition to one another.

Also the Telethia/Ygg are seemingly generated by Mira since, while you can kill The Endbringer/Queen, there are always Plumes and Zeros coming. Plume even makes it sound like an piece of a greater whole.

That or they are functionally immortal, and just regenerate.

ultimalionbgh

Neo Member
Next game will be on NX, so storage hopefully will not be an issue *looking at 32GB Wii U*.
There is a possibility that they will use completely different land mass for the sequel especially with the move to NX. I don't think they will spend time trying to "remaster" the 5 continents for NX. Of course I can be wrong.

I wonder who was piloting with Elma then, was it the nameless hero that died ?

I believe so. I'm not 100% sure if he's dead though, he may even be that hooded person that saved Lao.

Remember Takahashi created the "Testament" in Xenosaga series.

There's a few interesting bits on the Telethia and the Yggdrasil. There's the (Ygg) Queen in Sylvalum, a land of crystal and white. And there's the Telethia in Noctilum, a land of life and color. These seem to be in juxtaposition to one another.

Also the Telethia/Ygg are seemingly generated by Mira since, while you can kill The Endbringer/Queen, there are always Plumes and Zeros coming. Plume even makes it sound like an piece of a greater whole.

That or they are functionally immortal, and just regenerate.

Doesn't the bestiary say that Yggraliths are some species of traveling interstellar world destroyers?

Top Bottom