• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Guardian top 25 games of 2015

Arion

25-21
20-16
15-11
10-6
5-1

1. Boodborne
2. Witcher 3
3. Metal Gear Solid V
4. Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
5. Fallout 4
6. Splatoon
7. Her Story
8. Rocket League
9. Destiny: Taken King
10. Xenoblade Chronicles X
11. Undertale
12. Grow Home
13. Life is Strange
14. Beginner’s Guide
15. Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture
16. Super Mario Maker
17. Invisible Inc
18. Tales from Borderlands
19. N++
20. Galak Z
21. Ori and the Blind Forest
22. Mushroom 11
23. Lego Dimensions
24. Until Dawn
25. Soma

Really good list. Covers all the best of the year and agrees with my opinion.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Boodborne
he-cant-keep-getting-away-with-it.gif

Tregard

Soothsayer
Surprised Monster Hunter 4 made it into the top 5. Great showing for Splatoon and Rocket League, good list.

Bloodborne initial salt served for something.

edit: 25 games and still not Dying Light? I swear this is the most overlooked game of the year.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty decent list actually. I would rank them differently, but a lot of these titles will go on my own goty ballot.

Theorry

Weird that sometimes Destiny Taken King gets classified as a new game or sometimes doesnt. Loving it tho.
Also no Halo 5. Dont agree with that at all.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
edit: 25 games and still not Dying Light? I swear this is the most overlooked game of the year.

Agreed. Dying Light had some issues, but was definitely one of the highlight games in Q1. Shame it is overlooked, especially amidst some of the overrated entries of late.

geordiemp

I would put Undertale and Xenoblade x higher personally, higher than destiny atleast.

Nobody in UK bought them ? UK PAL charts...

For gamers that like shooters and on line console shooters, COD BO3, Destiny, Fallout 4 and Star wars BF should be in there and would be more representative of the UK market tastes...

Obviously the Journalist is not really into console shooters.

I played destiny for the first time this year with the taken king..... It's was fun... But its a DlC. Destiny is a 2014 game.

However if we are including DLC as separate games 1) should be bloodborne still and 2) should be the old hunter expansion ;p

Raist

Banned

For gamers that like shooters and on line console shooters, COD BO3, Destiny, Fallout 4 and Star wars BF should be in there and would be more representative of the UK market tastes...

Best games =! best sellers. I mena otherwise FIFA 16 would be up there as well.

Im not really sure what you're talking about.

Z..

Bloodborne at #1 AND Monster Hunter in the top 5? Finally, a list that makes some sense!

I like this list a lot aside from Everybodys Gone To The Rapture. That game I guess I just don't get at all. I'm usually into those kind of games but I played it for an hour or so and can't drag myself back. I was so bored. Ethan Carter was much better imo and that isn't really saying a whole lot, though it was at least enjoyable enough and looked really pretty.

Glad to see Bloodborne at #1 (it's so fucking good and I am not at all known for enjoying "hard" games. Buy it + the strategy guide and you will have fun if you just accept dying repeatedly)

And Destiny got a top 10 nod! The Taken King despite all it's flaws is still well worth the price and overall a ton of fun.

And of course I think Life Is Strange is still getting robbed left and right but at least it's in the top 15 I guess. It's easily in the top 5, if not top 3 though from what I played this year.

I think Until Dawn and Everybodys Gone to the Rapture should be switched maybe. I loved UD.

Also a notable absence...No Batman in the top 25. I'm glad because I thought it was pretty bad (for a Batman game). It's time for Rocksteady to do something new.

Edit: Oh man and no Tomb Raider in the top 25? Come on now...I'm only a couple hours in so I can't say much but it definitely seems good enough for a top 20 to me. In a way though I'm glad it's getting snubbed because of the whole deal with MS and the ridiculous release date.

Kuni

Excellent stuff. Bloodborne is my personal GOTY and it's lovely to see it get plaudits. I really thought Fallout 4 would've dominated (I still expect it too)

Top Bottom