• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Community Thread |Session VII| of Get Rekt or Die Trying

• Thread starter Deleted member 125677
  • Start date

What will happen this game?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
r-kelly-cigarette-gif-wtf.gif

Sorry Steeven, but I just dont see us have any chance, meaning continuing would be just wasting my time when I can play something challenging but still beatable, like Pikmin 2.

You're no fun. I'll give you a rating of 6 for next time.

If the rating system degenerates to being a part of the strategy of players, we need to scrap it. Btw, Ive given you a 1 several times even though I know you love to screw my game. And do you really suggest I stay just so that your superalliance of basically France, Spain and Germany get the enjoyment of crushing me? Come on, its fun participating and winning in pvp when its challenging and somewhat balanced. The current situation in Europe is anything but though, so Sweden might as well be played by an ai, it wont make a difference. The only chance Steeven and I have, is that Robo comes west quickly, goes fully in on supporting us (and Spirited as well), or that your tripple alliance breaks up. I think the first option probably isnt completely unrealistic, but judging by the strength or your alliance, I just dont think it would be enough - and even if we won, it wouldnt be very fun for me personally, as my contribution would mean basically nothing in it.

This leads into two other things. First, it is not only the alliance system that makes me quit. I have also had a pretty terrible game, which everybody can see if they bother to check the saves (as I have a feeling quite a few do every time anyways). This is as usual tied to me getting "surprises" thanks to me not knowing the game enough (since it keeps on changing), like me last time loosing all my vassals even though I won the independence war with 100%, and that terrible stability hit you get for refusing peace deals that are seemingly "better than expected" which forced me to give away lands in the coalition wars.

Also, my diplomatic game has been terrible, which is of course tied to my starting position (and MGO dropping out early) and not planning/talking enough, but also, I guess, the role I played in making Stefan choose to ally Kingsnake. Which was fine for the time, but underlines the lack of power-balance thinking in our game, which frankly, sucks. Way to many games end up with the best/strongest players allying against the weaker. This end in Europe is just the latest (and probably, worst) example of that, and it makes for a way less interesting game.

I dont see a reason to play untill every single pawn is killed, im not in checkmate, but I dont need to be to see that this is over. Congrats Stefan, Kingsnake and Uzzy, you guys won. Now lets start a new game.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
All this game I practically played ballet in order not to get too much AE. Which made me progress quite slow while Jazz and Fitz brute forced it, with the help of their powerful allies. While I started as rival with all the big AI countries around me.

Uzzy was the only reasonable ally that I could get and could help me against France (and possibly Austria).

Bavaria died practically because of the AE and coalitions and Fitz attacked me, not the other way around.

As for the strong allying against the weak, I think Stefan would have something to say about that.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
I am not criticizing you at all Kingsnake, you had a great game imo. I am just explaining why I am out of this game.

Steeven

Sorry Steeven, but I just dont see us have any chance, meaning continuing would be just wasting my time when I can play something challenging but still beatable, like Pikmin 2.

If the rating system degenerates to being a part of the strategy of players, we need to scrap it. Btw, Ive given you a 1 several times even though I know you love to screw my game. And do you really suggest I stay just so that your superalliance of basically France, Spain and Germany get the enjoyment of crushing me? Come on, its fun participating and winning in pvp when its challenging and somewhat balanced. The current situation in Europe is anything but though, so Sweden might as well be played by an ai, it wont make a difference. The only chance Steeven and I have, is that Robo comes west quickly, goes fully in on supporting us (and Spirited as well), or that your tripple alliance breaks up. I think the first option probably isnt completely unrealistic, but judging by the strength or your alliance, I just dont think it would be enough - and even if we won, it wouldnt be very fun for me personally, as my contribution would mean basically nothing in it.

This leads into two other things. First, it is not only the alliance system that makes me quit. I have also had a pretty terrible game, which everybody can see if they bother to check the saves (as I have a feeling quite a few do every time anyways). This is as usual tied to me getting "surprises" thanks to me not knowing the game enough (since it keeps on changing), like me last time loosing all my vassals even though I won the independence war with 100%, and that terrible stability hit you get for refusing peace deals that are seemingly "better than expected" which forced me to give away lands in the coalition wars.

Also, my diplomatic game has been terrible, which is of course tied to my starting position (and MGO dropping out early) and not planning/talking enough, but also, I guess, the role I played in making Stefan choose to ally Kingsnake. Which was fine for the time, but underlines the lack of power-balance thinking in our game, which frankly, sucks. Way to many games end up with the best/strongest players allying against the weaker. This end in Europe is just the latest (and probably, worst) example of that, and it makes for a way less interesting game.

I dont see a reason to play untill every single pawn is killed, im not in checkmate, but I dont need to be to see that this is over. Congrats Stefan, Kingsnake and Uzzy, you guys won. Now lets start a new game.

Well, I understand but I feel so alone now. And vulnerable. It is said that western European powers rape their enemies.

Fitz

All this game I practically played ballet in order not to get too much AE. Which made me progress quite slow while Jazz and Fitz brute forced it, with the help of their powerful allies. While I started as rival with all the big AI countries around me.

980.gif

Steeven

Hungary AAR

Although waiting for the inevitable death from outside powers, Hungary's aggressive expansion into Austria and Lithuania may have triggered a probable quicker death from the inside. Both the king and his heir died, leaving the empire with a weak claim candidate. While recovering from its expansion, legitimacy dropped to unrealistically low levels, triggering the peasant war and a -3 stability hit. So Hungary is now burdened with high overextension, a low increase in monarch points, no manpower, and thus a slow return on the front. Also, it has not been unnoticed that Serbia, which was restored as a vassal under Hungary, has done little to nothing about the internal quabbles of its master. Therefore, as a penalty it will be integrated into the empire soon.

Allies gained: Mamluks
Allies lost: Austria, Italy, Sweden
Countries humiliated: Lithuania,Austria
Leagues joined: Protestant aka winners league
Vassals created: Something by the Black Sea
Rebels crushed: Hungarian civil war casualties > Thirty Years War casualties

zS5rRxa.gif

Uzzy

Spain AAR: Imperio Español

Started the session with a triple kill, and I didn't even do anything. The Burgundian-Spanish alliance swiftly finished off the war with Portugal, Castile and France, with Spain bringing four more provinces into the Imperial fold. Both Portugal and Castile are now focusing their efforts on escaping to the new world, but remain close to bending the knee.

I then had to enjoy a 10 year regency. This did allow me to focus on some development, fabricating claims and finally getting the expansion ideas going. The moment my new King came to the throne, I declared war in West Africa, bringing yet more valuable goods into the Spanish trade network. Which is now rather quite valuable.

Also, the Religious Leagues started up, and Austria's looking rather vulnerable.. surrounded on four sides.

Provinces Gained: Badajoz, Cordoba, Jaen, Toulouse, Bendugu, Gwiriko, Kong, Abomey, Ijebu, Benin, Warri
Colonies Gained: Porto Seguro, Espirito Santo, Cumana, Demerara, Cape, Natal, Swellendam
Players Killed Count: Triple Kill

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Bukhara AAR

Had a fun war with Kab down in India, mainly watching him run away from the GOD-TECHED LV10 troops of the Bahmanis. He ended up with a nice coast line, I ended up with some juicy take aways from the local Delhi. What else did I do? Not much, I took the very, very important nation of Sariq Youghurt or something, which made Ming so mad they broke alliance, made me rival and even allied Russia. FOR SHAME MING.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Starting tomorrow I will be in holiday for a bit over 2 weeks, so I will not be able to attend the next 5 sessions. If anybody wants to take over Burgundy is free to do that.

The AI is set to keep the alliances.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Fanboi stepping in for Burgundy is EXACTLY what the current locked down boring ass Europe needs in this game.

Dooooo iiiiiiiiit

Uzzy

The only question is how will Fanboi make the Burgundian Inheritance fire?

Hope you enjoy the holiday Kingsnake!

Fitz

Honestly I have mixed feelings about that strait, its usage is definitely a cheap workaround for a problem that will never be fixed, i.e. shitty naval AI. In most situations it's just going to mean having a much easier time getting armies onto the British Isles, which shouldn't be possible without a superior (not necessarily larger) navy, some cunning, or else a big fuck up by the Royal Navy.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Bukhara AAR

Flu session, and it showed. Messed up a lot in wars, took provinces that brought me to over 100OE, and spent the last 15 minutes fighting rebels because of that.

Steeven

Hungary AAR

Won the Peasant War, then religious turmoil arose due to the conversion to Protestantism. Was able to subjugate Poland and annex Moldavia. Also, a coward coalition formed including Austria and Lithuania but never dared to attack me.

Saw Italy being raped by three superpowers.

Kabouter

Bad session, very little growth. Did however tech up a bit, though still nowhere near the non-Swahili tech countries.

Edit: Oh, since Morfeo is gone, anyone object to starting at 21:00h on Wednesdays as well for the remainder of the game?

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Very stimulating session, I absolutely did not get a 10 year regency and studied the whole time whic made me do absolutely nothing throughout the whole session.

I teched up once and took 3 ideas though.

Uzzy

Spain AAR: Cannon Spiking our way through the world.

Started today's session in a war with Mali and Timbuktu, conquering more mostly worthless West African land. But at least now the lovely yellow of Spain stretches across the majority of that area. It may be a nest of vipers with rebels spawning constantly, but it's my nest.

My attention returned to Iberia, and I finally finished off Castile, making them bend the knee, as well as the Duchy of Ferrera. Time to expand into Italy! Unfortunately, my King died just after getting an heir, leaving me with a 14 year regency. So the war was left for our Burgundian brothers to declare. Who declared on England, allied to Italy. Italy proved to be quite a tough nut to crack, with the Italian Legions taking some early victories. But again they couldn't deal with the overwhelming numbers of the Spanish/Burgundian/Prussian alliance. I took Rome, and promptly completed my mission, righting that wrong and returning the Holy See to the Papacy. Such a good Catholic.

The Royal Navy, on the other hand, is proving an even tougher nut to crack.

Provinces Gained: Lobi, Massina, Mema, Hodh, Azawad, Taudeni, Banda Oriental, Uruguay, Cuneo
Vassals Gained: Castile, Ferrera
Colonial Nations Gained: Everyone's favourite Delta Red operative, Cammy!

Kabouter

Was a pretty solid session for me, finally got a chunk of Bahmanis. War that Russia declared (with Ming as ally) was a bit disappointing, but one province for Lan Na is better than no provinces gained at all :p

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Mughals AAR:

Started of by fighting a war against Bahmanis and Persia with Malaya. Then we went to war with Delhi and Bengal, only to have Russia and Ming jump on us a few months into the war. To be able to better focus on the unholy russian-ming block we peaced out pretty fast for Central Doab. Ming was Swahili tech and Malaya dealt with them fairly easy, and we were able to peace out out for a province to Lan Na. Russia on the other hand had very good generals, state of the art mil tech (16) and buuuuuuuuunch of troops, so in the end I made a white peace with them and decided to join #teamgreen. My country is now stable as fuck, I think I had like 15 rebel factions magically disappear as soon as I switched tag.

Uzzy

Late Spain AAR:

Took stuff in Europe and Africa, colonised some more, lost the league war before we could fire a shot (which as a Catholic nation isn't too bad!) But in short

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
This might be a bit shitty but I forgot that it was EU4 today and promised to play RP with some friends.

Kabouter

We finished in 1615 this time.

1. Spain (Uzzy) - 2893 (3.55 monthly gain)
2. Italy (Fitz) - 1968 (1.52 monthly gain)
3. Malaya (Kabouter) - 1936 (3.06 monthly gain)
4. Arabia (Spirited) - 1862 (1.86 monthly gain)
5. Prussia (Stefan) - 1539 (2.69 monthly gain)
6. Hungary (Steeven) - 1472 (1.22 monthly gain)
8. Mughals (Roboleon) - 1094 (1.34 monthly gain)
10. Burgundy (KingSnake) - 750 (1.22 monthly gain)
12. Ming (fanboi) - 658 (0.24 monthly gain)
20. Bavaria (Jazz) - 199 (0.12 monthly gain)
26. Sweden (Morfeo) - 130 (0 monthly gain)
??. Papal State (Jwitjes) - No longer exists

Development:
1. Malaya (Kabouter) - 1918
2. Spain (Uzzy) - 1677
3. Arabia (Spirited) - 1484
4. Mughals (Roboleon) - 1477
5. Ming (fanboi) - 1144
6. Burgundy (KingSnake) - 872
7. Hungary (Steeven) - 858
8. Prussia (Stefan) - 853
12. Italy (Fitz) - 326
(Rest not listed for obvious reasons)

Development including vassals/marches (but not colonial nations):
1. Spain (Uzzy) - 2023
2. Malaya (Kabouter) - 2009
3. Arabia (Spirited) - 1484
4. Mughals (Roboleon) - 1477
5. Ming (fanboi) - 1144
6. Prussia (Stefan) - 1068
7. Hungary (Steeven) - 976
8. Burgundy (KingSnake) - 872
12. Italy (Fitz) - 326

Armies:
1. Spain (Uzzy) - 178k (192 force limit)
2. Arabia (Spirited) - 110k (200 force limit)
3. Malaya (Kabouter) - 95k (167 force limit) (Wayyyyy low on manpower at the end :D)
4. Mughals (Roboleon) - 90k (128 force limit)
5. Hungary (Steeven) - 77k (138 force limit)
6. Italy (Fitz) - 76k (59 force limit)
7. Ming (fanboi) - 69k (77 force limit)
9. Prussia (Stefan) - 58k (101 force limit)
10. Burgundy (KingSnake) - 54k (134 force limit)

Max manpower:
1. Arabia (Spirited) - 159k
2. Spain (Uzzy) - 147k
3. Mughals (Roboleon) - 125k
4. Malaya (Kabouter) - 98k
5. Burgundy (KingSnake) - 95k
6. Hungary (Steeven) - 81k
8. Prussia (Stefan) - 64k
9. Italy (Fitz) - 54k
11. Ming (fanboi) - 38k

Navies:
1. Malaya (Kabouter) - 162 (220 force limit)
2. Spain (Uzzy) - 150 (172 force limit)
4. Arabia (Spirited) - 89 (105 force limit)
5. Burgundy (KingSnake) - 69 (70 force limit)
7. Ming (fanboi) - 49 (49 force limit)
8. Prussia (Stefan) - 47 (51 force limit)
11. Italy (Fitz) - 27 (27 force limit)
13. Hungary (Steeven) - 22 (22 force limit)
Last. Mughals (Roboleon) - 0 (36 force limit)

Income:
1. Malaya (Kabouter) - 173
2. Spain (Uzzy) - 145
3. Arabia (Spirited) - 95
4. Mughals (Roboleon) - 83
5. Burgundy (KingSnake) - 73
6. Prussia (Stefan) - 73
7. Hungary (Steeven) - 71
11. Ming (fanboi) - 50
12. Italy (Fitz) - 47

Kabouter

People who can be rated/need to rate:
- KingSnake
- Uzzy
- Jwitjes
- fanboi
- Stefan
- Morfeo
- Roboleon
- Steeven
- Spirited
- Fitz
- Kabouter
- Jazz

Remember, ratings are as follows: 1 is worse than AI, 2 is equal, 3 is better than AI, 4 is way better than AI, 5 is a dominant player. Of course anything in between is also fine. If you feel you don't know enough about a player's performance to rate them, you can leave their rating blank.

Edit: Obviously, send me the ratings via PM here on GAF or via message on Steam. Via GAF is easier for me.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I think it's clear who won that game. Hint: the green nation.

hell yeah! the Russian-Mughal-Delhian-Persian-Khamian-Mongolian-Medhi Bahrian-Arabian-Ottoman Commonwealth had a cracking round!

edit: that's more like it

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Mughals Game Summary:

Fairly decent - if a bit boring and not exactly challenging - game where the fun part definitely was playing as the Uzbek horde with the new horde mechanics in the first part of the game. It went reasonably well all in all; the one thing I'm not happy about is not being able to westernize as planned of the Genoa cores in Crimea because Genoa seized to exist (damn you Fitz!), and generally keeping up in tech, at least militarily.

We ended in a position where I felt I had really good momentum to expand further, claims on all the remaining Indian stuff that was mostly mine after the split arrangement with Malaya, good expansion opportunities into Russia and Northern China, tons of stuff to colonize unchallenged, and a nation that is built to eat stuff (-50% core cost, amazing stability and religious unity modifiers.) The only slow-down factor would be that I would have had to westernize of Hungary as soon as they finished integrating their vassal, and I don't think westernizing with Mughals would have been too hard.

That said I'm fine with the game ending, as enthusiasm was clearly bleeding out for a lot of us, and it felt like playing a singly player game with extra help from human allies for the most part. I don't think I fought a single PvP all game, which has to be a new low on that end. At least I got to make my poll vote come true. :D

Kabouter

Summary of the game for Malaya:

Was a successful game for me overall. Started with one of the smallest nations at 66 development (only Jazz (58) and Stefan (57) started with smaller countries) and finished as the largest (second largest including subjects). Was able to take out the Sumatran neighbours very early on and then swiftly move on elsewhere. Got exploration ideas early enough that I was able to start growing from colonization quickly and was able to get to the Cape fairly quickly to westernize.

After early expansion managed to get a deal with fanboi and he helped me take down Ayutthaya. After that, I was able to expand quickly towards India. Fanboi sadly flamed out not too long after that, but it opened up an alliance slot for Roboleon so I had a new ally plus he and I now had a huge amount of territory to split between us. Managed to mostly complete my Indian territories, but hadn't even started on China proper yet. Could have grown a ton more with both that and a bit more colonization.

Think on the whole, this is probably my third most successful game. The first being my previous Malaya game (since I did take a huge portion of China there, although that game ended way later as well) and the second my game as the Netherlands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom