• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wired: The Top 10 Videogames of 2015

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
shiggy_whee.gif

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Interesting choice. If nothing else, Super Mario Maker was definitely a strong candidate for most fun game of the year.

Freeman76

I really want to try undertale, its in so many top 10 lists. Im on a console phase though, hopefully it gets ported someday

BY2K

Membero Americo
I really want to try undertale, its in so many top 10 lists. Im on a console phase though, hopefully it gets ported someday

With how the game functions at some points, it's not happening anytime soon unless some major, game-altering changes happen that would make some moments lose their punch a great deal.

So I don't see that happening.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
An unfinished game, and one that requires you to make your own content, terrible list.

MrGerbils

Pretty solid list. Can't knock any of them. WIRED should expand their gaming content, or maybe spin off a sister site that's just focused on gaming.

Surprised to not see Fallout 4 on there. I didn't play it personally but the general vibe with most of the "Top X games of <year>" articles and posts tends to include all of the big named releases regardless of quality, unless something was just awful according to every person you plays games ever.

Witcher 3 is on there, for example.

Crayolan

Super mario maker isn't even a game...it's a creation tool.

Yea but it's a creation tool you can play a potentially infinite amount of levels with.

If you really want to be picky, it has 80(?) pre-made levels straight away so you could argue it's kind of a Mario game which features a creation tool.

Lets give a GOTY award to unreal engine 4,then!

Most of the content is created by the community and not by the game development.

Unreal Engine didn't release this year.

And the game developers still had to develop the creation tool and all the features around it.

MrV4ltor

Most of the content is created by the community and not by the game development.

So you're saying that Mario maker isn't a game, which would mean that Little Big Planet also isn't a game and Unreal ENGINE (It's in the fucking name) is a game. That's some flawless logic right there.

BY2K

Membero Americo

The tool IS the game. Making the levels and playing them IS the game. Unreal Engine 4 is an engine, it MAKES the games, it's not THE game.

DorkyMohr

Banned
Pretty solid list.

Super mario maker isn't even a game...it's a creation tool.

The amount that's been added to the core mechanics in mario maker basically makes it a full mario sequel. Probably moreso than any of the New Super Mario brothers sequels have innovated.

Kasumin

Dude, have you even played the game? Tons of people play it and hardly touch the creation tool part of it past what the game makes you do as part of a tutorial.

I don't know who you're trying to impress in this thread, but I think it's backfiring.

Interesting list, though. I should look into some of these.

fastmower

With how the game functions at some points, it's not happening anytime soon unless some major, game-altering changes happen that would make some moments lose their punch a great deal.

I thought a lot of people played Undertale with a controller. I'm confused now.

fhqwhgads

An unfinished game, and one that requires you to make your own content, terrible list.
Will never understand the hate for Splatoon being an "unfinished" game. It's well worth the price even at launch. No bugs or gamebreaking glitches, and whatever issues there are get patched instantly.

BiggNife

Mario Maker isn't just a creation tool - it's a software suite that includes both officially made levels and the ability to share user created ones, as well as the ability to play random levels through 100 mario challenge. It's the package as a whole that makes it work. If SMM was just the creation tool, then it wouldn't be nearly as compelling as it actually is.

Also I find it kind of weird that no one seemed to have this issue with LBP when it got showered with praise years ago.

JC Lately

So I shouldn't even bother playing it on my shiny new Steam Link?

BY2K

Membero Americo
So I shouldn't even bother playing it on my shiny new Steam Link?

No no, that I think is okay. It's streaming what's on your PC to your TV, right? That should be fine.

I thought a lot of people played Undertale with a controller. I'm confused now.

It's not about the controls. It's about what the game does. And saying more than that would be a spoiler.

fastmower

No no, that I think is okay. It's streaming what's on your PC to your TV, right? That should be fine.

It's not about the controls. It's about what the game does.
Sounds mysterious. Maybe I'll get back into it today. I got kind of bored of the game 1-2 hours in.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
SMM has made me seriously consider getting a Wii U. I wonder what Nintendo's next console will be and if SMM would be even able to be ported over to whatever new controller scheme it will have.

Top Bottom