• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

Why does it matter if the Vita games that might get localized, are not exclusive?

It doesn't honestly, it's just that when it comes to Xseed and the games they are very likely to announce here soon (that we've either gotten trophy leaks for or it's a Falcom game), they only have a Vita version. People expect them to be exclusives because there is no other version for them to do. The only game we have even gotten a "hint" about there possibly being something more for is Tokyo Xanadu, which if there will be something more, Xseed wouldn't be the ones to announce the port.

It doesn't honestly, it's just that when it comes to Xseed and the games they are very likely to announce here soon (that we've either gotten trophy leaks for or it's a Falcom game), they only have a Vita version. People expect them to be exclusives because there is no other version for them to do. The only game we have even gotten a "hint" about there possibly being something more for is Tokyo Xanadu, which if there will be something more, Xseed wouldn't be the ones to announce the port.

Some people are sounding like its a bad thing.

I think Tokyo Xanadu is a given, because of the hints that have been given in the past. Let's just be patient before the fear mongering begins.

Fady K

Considering 0 Kickstarter VNs that were promised for the Vita have come out yet, I'm glad that a real publisher is stepping up to the plate.

Indeed :D It's nice to see more of this. There are some promising ones in Japan that hopefully make their way here as well.

Thanks for the update Fady. Nice to see some nice bits announced recently for the Vita, my back log won't be getting any smaller any time soon that's for sure!

You are most welcome bud :) Glad you enjoyed it! I''ll try to deliver the next one soon as well.

Why does it matter if the Vita games that might get localized, are not exclusive?

The problem is that most of the games i want are vita exclusives :(

Yeah that's the issue. They can port those games to any platform they want to, but unless someones does they're exclusive and that makes it more and more unlikely that they'll be localized. NISA and IFI have been great at this, as they do localize and port the games themselves.

I'm still pretty confident that we'll get Tokyo Xanadu and VD though. At some point.

18-Volt

Because there aren't many multiplat Vita titles waiting to be localized. All good stuff are Vita exclusive. But it really doesn't matter to most publishers, XSEED, IFI and NISA find a way to "make them not exclusive". You know. Steam.

Only problematic title is Tokyo Xanadu, as XSEED can do nothing about its exclusivity. Falcom isn't known to be a responsive company when it comes to localization, so asking for a PS4/Steam port is not an option. It's all up to Falcom.

L.O.R.D

just bought a set of thump stick for my Vita, OMG it's actually feel nice and it's 100% better then the the Vita analog stick.

Cjs2zEsXAAEPOaj.jpg

Cjs21xJWEAAIoa7.jpg

Cjs24SZW0AAygqJ.jpg

Cjs268iXAAQjPJr.jpg

the set contain 6 different thump sticks,so if you want 2 of the same thump stick you need to but 2 sets.

Man, stupid Acquire. Don't they know everybody wants some samurai/ninja action? Were are our next Shinobido/Way of Samurai games?

Will get Akiba's Beat day 1 though I'd prefer open world beat em up instead of ARPG.

Likewise, I'd like an open world beat em up as well, since its still the closest thing to Yakuza I can get on the Vita. And despite the performance issues on the last game, I still loved the hell out of it (really should play the PS4 port as well when I get the chance).

An ARPG still sounds like it could be great fun though, so I'll be getting it as soon as its released in English (else I might just import it somewhere down the line).

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
"I have reason to doubt"

"you are going to be VERY surprised."

"I WILL say that XSEED "may" not be showing any Vita exclusives at E3"

"I know what they're showing and what they AREN'T showing at E3 specifically"

So does he know or does he not, which one is it? His wording is all over the place.

About this imo he's saying that at e3 no vita exclusives will be shown, but there will also be games that won't be shown, so i guess that among those there could be some vita exclusives.

Saphirax

About this imo he's saying that at e3 no vita exclusives will be shown, but there will also be games that won't be shown, so i guess that among those there could be some vita exclusives.

Yeah, it's also purposefully worded so that he can't be proven wrong (unless XSEED does end up showing some Vita exclusives at E3, which is doubtful, especially if Tokyo Xanadu gets ported to ps4). Whether XSEED announces a bunch of Vita only games before E3 or not - he ends up being right.

I hope we end up getting some good announcements regardless.

Aizo

Banned
just bought a set of thump stick for my Vita, OMG it's actually feel nice and it's 100% better then the the Vita analog stick.

Cjs2zEsXAAEPOaj.jpg

Cjs21xJWEAAIoa7.jpg

Cjs24SZW0AAygqJ.jpg

Cjs268iXAAQjPJr.jpg

the set contain 6 different thump sticks,so if you want 2 of the same thump stick you need to but 2 sets.
Link to these? Are they available in Japan? I have been feeling a small portion of my left stick slightly coming up for over a year, so it would be good to cover that sooner rather than later.

L.O.R.D

Link to these? Are they available in Japan? I have been feeling a small portion of my left stick slightly coming up for over a year, so it would be good to cover that sooner rather than later.
From here

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Y8H43KE/?tag=neogaf0e-20

it's also work on PSP.

There is also one from play Asia,however i don't know why they are expensive

http://m.play-asia.com/analog-stick-cover-for-playstation-vita-black/13/707f75
It's cheaper at Amazon

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B00HS9C3QA/

Also another brand
http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B00AT8Y8DI/

Because there aren't many multiplat Vita titles waiting to be localized. All good stuff are Vita exclusive. But it really doesn't matter to most publishers, XSEED, IFI and NISA find a way to "make them not exclusive". You know. Steam.

Only problematic title is Tokyo Xanadu, as XSEED can do nothing about its exclusivity. Falcom isn't known to be a responsive company when it comes to localization, so asking for a PS4/Steam port is not an option. It's all up to Falcom.

I thought Falcom was pretty good to Xseed? They're also a company that runs on a tight budget so they can't afford to being porting things at request for a localization. They don't have the manpower of a company like Square.

18-Volt

Where will this be announced, is it something i can watch somewhere?

Usually they tease the shit out of games and detective-gaf go crazy. Then couple of days before E3 they reveal all of their lineup. They announced 7 games last year and promised they'd do even better in the future.

Announcements are usually new console stuff, things they can have playable on the floor. So no PC related stuff. They have a separate special press event for PC ports/localizations.

L.O.R.D

After 3 hours of playing the swapper ,i started to hate puzzle games,i discovered i have many many puzzle games on my Vita,fuck.
and what more scary is many of them i bought it not from plus which 99% are puzzles.

Ok, I was hoping for some sort of live event (as E3 is never about the V) ;)

Live events for niche companies are basically just a way to get press together so they can get free food and drinks (or at least that's what they are for Nisa and IFI), which in turn brings more attention to titles that never would have gotten much attention in the first place. No smaller company wastes time with live events around e3 either because their event would be eclipsed by any of the big boys.

Live events for niche companies are basically just a way to get press together so they can get free food and drinks (or at least that's what they are for Nisa and IFI), which in turn brings more attention to titles that never would have gotten much attention in the first place. No smaller company wastes time with live events around e3 either because their event would be eclipsed by any of the big boys.

Do think a lot of smaller pubs/devs would benefit from doing a bit of a treehouse-esque live stream, though. Not terribly difficult to put together, either. Just dunno if they have the space for it. Might have to be off site.

Do think a lot of smaller pubs/devs would benefit from doing a bit of a treehouse-esque live stream, though. Not terribly difficult to put together, either. Just dunno if they have the space for it. Might have to be off site.

I think that's kind of what 3 of them (Nisa, IFI, Xseed) are at least attempting to do with their streams, it's just that no matter how much they try and get peoples attention on twitter, there are always a low amount of people who even watch them. I'm sure if they got more attention they'd probably try and do bigger things, like have more of a presence at e3. It's just that no one seems to care that they're streaming anything unless there's a giveaway involved, which giving something away to people who would likely buy your game anyway because they cared enough about it to watch the stream, isn't exactly doing much for them.

I mean I usually watch most of their streams, but they're not exactly selling me (or any others) on any of the games they're playing, because I was interested before even clicking the link. Only way you're seeing they're streaming something is if you have them followed on twitter, which means you have at least a mild interest in the games they do, which also means you probably buy their games. They need a way to get people interested who weren't before, something that their streams aren't exactly doing.

Ryan95

Will Odin Sphere Leifdrasir demo come out in Europe? I've read US demo should come out soon, but I found no news about EU

HotHamBoy

Will Odin Sphere Leifdrasir demo come out in Europe? I've read US demo should come out soon, but I found no news about EU

You can always make a free US account and download it. Not much of a hassle vs waiting.

EDIT: nevermind, I was thinking PS4. I didn't even know we were getting a Vita demo.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer

Cjs2zEsXAAEPOaj.jpg

Cjs21xJWEAAIoa7.jpg

Cjs24SZW0AAygqJ.jpg

Cjs268iXAAQjPJr.jpg

I bought exactly the same thing. Kinda difficult to put them on though

redcrayon

Endwar on PSP is discounted in the EU sale, it's a great little Advance Wars-style turn-based strategy game. Worth a go for £3 if you like that kind of thing.

Top Bottom