• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

SatoAilDarko
Member
(01-07-2016, 10:32 PM)
SatoAilDarko's Avatar
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014KXMLXG..._qvUJwbRXQYFA0

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Tom-Nook-A...ersal/46510940

Tom Nook's Amiibo is now officially less than $6 from multiple retailers.

This is by far the lowest I've seen an amiibo go and to hoot it's super recent.

With this and the fact that Amazon has had Amiibo Festival for around $30 for weeks now it's clear this game has underperformed spectacularly.

The fact that there are even more Animal Crossing figures planned is hilarious.

In a world where stuff like Pikmin 3, Wii Sports Club and Bayonetta 2 go out of print without every dropping past half price it's interesting that Amiibo Festival bucks the trend of essentially every other Wii U game.

Once again Nintendo of America shows their complete stupidity.

They should have had a physical release of Fatal Frame and more Devil's Third copies.

Edit:

Additional Animal Crossing Amiibo links:

Mabel Amiibo

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014KXMLZ4..._lsVJwbYHHZX9G

$8.34, regular is $35

Animal Crossing Series 3-Pack with KK Slider and those two Llamas who run Re Tail

$23, regular is $35

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014KXMDXO..._xqVJwbNSZV000

Animal Crossing:  amiibo Festival Bundle with three Amiibo cards and Isabelle and Digby Amiibo

http://<a href="https://www.amazon.c...JwbS</a>XWWBZ1

$35.41

Has been done to two weeks ago.

The Amiibo products would be $29 as standalone stuff so it's like a $6 game.

Edit:

Mabel is also less than $6.

http://Mabel Amiibo (Animal Crossing..._9RLMwb9NT84WH
Last edited by SatoAilDarko; 01-16-2016 at 03:01 PM.
spectator
Member
(01-07-2016, 10:33 PM)
That bloodsucker's already taken enough from me.
NOLA_Gaffer
Member
(01-07-2016, 10:33 PM)
NOLA_Gaffer's Avatar
I'm getting the feeling you have some rough feelings towards Nintendo.

Tempted to grab it while I still can. I feel like the Animal Crossing figures won't be getting a second print run.

Edit: Cyrus, Digby, KK Slider, and Isabelle are all over $20. Hah. Amiibo fever is alive and well.
Novocaine
Member
(01-07-2016, 10:34 PM)
Novocaine's Avatar
A thorny situation to be sure.
LiK
(01-07-2016, 10:34 PM)
LiK's Avatar
no one wants that asshole
Tom Nook Sawyer
Member
(01-07-2016, 10:34 PM)
Tom Nook Sawyer's Avatar
While I don't think this specific case means much of anything, I do wonder if the amiibo bubble will burst any time soon.
Richie
Member
(01-07-2016, 10:34 PM)
Poor retailers. "Oooh, more amiibo, alongside a franchise that always sells millions? Let's order a shitload!"
Jay Sosa
Member
(01-07-2016, 10:35 PM)
Fuck, there goes my retirement plan.
CosmicQueso
Member
(01-07-2016, 10:35 PM)
CosmicQueso's Avatar
He will look glorious on my desk. Tom Nook! My Man!
ShockingAlberto
Member
(01-07-2016, 10:35 PM)
ShockingAlberto's Avatar
Really seems like AC amiibo crashed hard.

Boy is Nintendo going to look silly when the NX features amiibos as a core feature.
JStein0222
Member
(01-07-2016, 10:35 PM)
JStein0222's Avatar
I actually love Tom Nook as a character but I can't justify amiibo anymore
Slate Soda
(01-07-2016, 10:36 PM)
Slate Soda's Avatar
Mario, Zelda and others can get away with having amiibos of characters from their extended universes.

Animal Crossing? Outside of a select few, it has no business getting several series, even if they are cards, mostly.

This doesn't mean amiibos as a whole is a dead fad. Just Animal Crossing amiibos.
Daedardus
Member
(01-07-2016, 10:36 PM)
Daedardus's Avatar
Don't worry, he will mortgage your house when you buy him and you'll have to pay off millions of bells the rest of your life.
Adam_Roman
Member
(01-07-2016, 10:37 PM)
Adam_Roman's Avatar
Sweet. Just bought one. Maybe someday I'll have enough in my retirement plan to get a Villager to go with him.
Isaccard
Member
(01-07-2016, 10:37 PM)
Isaccard's Avatar
Amiibo craze dying down a bit, you can actually find and purchase them now
Ultima_5
Member
(01-07-2016, 10:38 PM)
Ultima_5's Avatar
They need to sell kk separately cuz i don't want no fucking llamas
DNAbro
Member
(01-07-2016, 10:38 PM)
DNAbro's Avatar
Well I guess I just bought a Tom Nook amiibo.
Dragon
Banned
(01-07-2016, 10:38 PM)
Dragon's Avatar
Tom Nook needs to pay me before I even think about it.
ZeroX03
Member
(01-07-2016, 10:39 PM)
ZeroX03's Avatar

Originally Posted by SatoAilDarko

They should have had a physical release of Fatal Frame and more Devil's Third copies.

Lol, really?
tmarg
Member
(01-07-2016, 10:39 PM)
tmarg's Avatar
I'm doubt the game sold well, but the rest of the amiibo series is actually quite expensive, so I doubt Tom Nook's price is a great metric for judging the success of the game.

Maybe people just don't want a Tom Nook amiibo. He certainly isn't the villager I'd want.


Also, I just bought one of the Mario Maker Pixel Mario Amiibo for $8 from Amazon, so Mario Maker must have been a mistake too.
Last edited by tmarg; 01-07-2016 at 10:43 PM.
Tom Nook
(01-07-2016, 10:40 PM)
Tom Nook's Avatar
Fuck you Amazon and Fuck you Walmart.

You don't sell me short!!!!!
Richie
Member
(01-07-2016, 10:40 PM)

Originally Posted by Tom Nook

Fuck you Amazon and Fuck you Walmart.

You don't sell me short!!!!!

They can't sell you, period
CosmicQueso
Member
(01-07-2016, 10:40 PM)
CosmicQueso's Avatar

Originally Posted by Tom Nook

Fuck you Amazon and Fuck you Walmart.

You don't sell me short!!!!!

HOW DOES IT FEEL, TOM NOOK? HOW DOES IT FEEEEEEL

Great new tag.
Last edited by CosmicQueso; 01-07-2016 at 10:55 PM.
Malyse
stop advertising threads
(01-07-2016, 10:41 PM)
Malyse's Avatar

Originally Posted by SatoAilDarko

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014KXMLXG..._qvUJwbRXQYFA0

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Tom-Nook-A...ersal/46510940

Tom Nook's Amiibo is now officially less than $6 from multiple retailers.

This is by far the lowest I've seen an amiibo go and to hoot it's super recent.

With this and the fact that Amazon has had Amiibo Festival for around $30 for weeks now it's clear this game has underperformed spectacularly.

The fact that there are even more Animal Crossing figures planned is hilarious.

In a world where stuff like Pikmin 3, Wii Sports Club and Bayonetta 2 go out of print without every dropping past half price it's interesting that Amiibo Festival bucks the trend of essentially every other Wii U game.

Once again Nintendo of America shows their complete stupidity.

They should have had a physical release of Fatal Frame and more Devil's Third copies.

Heh. Yeah okay. More copies of what's possibly Nintendo's most critically maligned published game in a decade if not ever. That's a great plan.
Kama_1082
Banned
(01-07-2016, 10:42 PM)
I bought tom nook and now I'm up to my eye balls in mortgage debt. I'm fucked
Stabby McSter
Member
(01-07-2016, 10:42 PM)
Stabby McSter's Avatar
never trust tom nook
Wilsongt
Member
(01-07-2016, 10:43 PM)
Wilsongt's Avatar

Originally Posted by Tom Nook

Fuck you Amazon and Fuck you Walmart.

You don't sell me short!!!!!

Seethe a bit, jerk. I earned those bells honest.
Nudull
Member
(01-07-2016, 10:43 PM)
Nudull's Avatar

Originally Posted by Tom Nook

Fuck you Amazon and Fuck you Walmart.

You don't sell me short!!!!!

Karma.
Mockingbird
Member
(01-07-2016, 10:43 PM)
Mockingbird's Avatar
Bought! Thanks for the heads up. Adding him to my collection.

Kama_1082
Banned
(01-07-2016, 10:44 PM)

Originally Posted by Adam_Roman

Sweet. Just bought one. Maybe someday I'll have enough in my retirement plan to get a Villager to go with him.

You can get villager for $16 on Amazon
perfectchaos007
Banned
(01-07-2016, 10:44 PM)
perfectchaos007's Avatar
What is $6 converted to in Belles? 6000 Bells?
NOLA_Gaffer
Member
(01-07-2016, 10:44 PM)
NOLA_Gaffer's Avatar

Originally Posted by Adam_Roman

Sweet. Just bought one. Maybe someday I'll have enough in my retirement plan to get a Villager to go with him.

Villager is $13.99 on Toys R Us' website as I type this...how much more of a retirement plan do you need exactly?
tmarg
Member
(01-07-2016, 10:45 PM)
tmarg's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kama_1082

You can get villager for $16 on Amazon

You can get him for less than $11
johnsmith
remember me
(01-07-2016, 10:45 PM)
johnsmith's Avatar
And I still can't buy a Ness amiibo. Fuck you, Nintendo.

Jay Sosa
Member
(01-07-2016, 10:45 PM)

Originally Posted by Stabby McSter

never trust tom nook

lol what an amazing thread that was
Yukinari
Member
(01-07-2016, 10:47 PM)
Yukinari's Avatar
I havent bought any AC amiibo yet because i dont think id ever actually use them for the games they work with.

Amiibo Festival costs 35 bucks on amazon and it still feels like too much.
Htown
STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
(01-07-2016, 10:47 PM)
Htown's Avatar

Originally Posted by SatoAilDarko

They should have had a physical release of Fatal Frame and more Devil's Third copies.

This conclusion doesn't follow from anything in your argument, which is just that "Amiibo Festival sucks and is not popular."

The two ideas are not related. The fact that one of Nintendo's titles sold badly doesn't mean that the others you named would have automatically sold more copies instead.

By all accounts Devil's Third is awful, and when the Wii version of Fatal Frame sold 75k copies in Japan, it became the most successful title in the series. At 75,000 sold.

I'm frankly shocked we even got either of those games in digital format.
Tempy
don't ask me for codes
(01-07-2016, 10:47 PM)
Tempy's Avatar
The game bombed, but I got the AC amiibos because they're actually good figures. The cards for AC:HHD are surprisingly expensive especially in Europe though. The amiibos are potentially still useful in future AC products though - hopefully a main AC is available at NX launch.
Gaspard
Member
(01-07-2016, 10:47 PM)
Gaspard's Avatar

Originally Posted by Tom Nook

Fuck you Amazon and Fuck you Walmart.

You don't sell me short!!!!!

lol @ that tag
Kama_1082
Banned
(01-07-2016, 10:49 PM)
Lmao at the new tom nook tag
tiebreaker
Member
(01-07-2016, 10:53 PM)
tiebreaker's Avatar
How much for Luigi??
Rodin
Member
(01-07-2016, 10:54 PM)
Mmm, i don't think the AC amiibo line bombed. Other characters of this line are pretty expensive and they sold a shitload of cards, so AF bombing seems unrelated. In fact i think it's pretty obvious most people buy amiibo to have nice looking (and cheap, at least in theory) figures of beloved characters, not to use them in games.

Originally Posted by Yukinari

I havent bought any AC amiibo yet because i dont think id ever actually use them for the games they work with.

Amiibo Festival costs 35 bucks on amazon and it still feels like too much.

You get two 15$ amiibo and a 5$ pack of cards, so the game is basically free. I bought it for the same price.
Last edited by Rodin; 01-07-2016 at 10:58 PM.
jetsetnickradio
Member
(01-07-2016, 10:56 PM)
jetsetnickradio's Avatar
That's about $6 more than Tom Nook would spend on an amiibo.
Malyse
stop advertising threads
(01-07-2016, 10:56 PM)
Malyse's Avatar

Originally Posted by Tom Nook

Fuck you Amazon and Fuck you Walmart.

You don't sell me short!!!!!

Dying.
Perfect Cha0s
Member
(01-07-2016, 10:58 PM)
Perfect Cha0s's Avatar
The KK+Llamas bundle is $24, too.
NOLA_Gaffer
Member
(01-07-2016, 10:59 PM)
NOLA_Gaffer's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rodin

Mmm, i don't think the AC amiibo line bombed. Other characters of this line are pretty expensive and AF bombing seems unrelated. I believe most people buy amiibo to have nice looking (and cheap, at least in theory) figures of beloved characters, not to use them in games.

That's definitely a big reason. There really hasn't been much Animal Crossing merch in the states, so unless you're willing to drop $50 on a Isabelle nendoroid, this is the next best thing.
Neuromancer
The Mayuh of f'n Bawston
(01-07-2016, 10:59 PM)
Neuromancer's Avatar

Originally Posted by Tom Nook

Fuck you Amazon and Fuck you Walmart.

You don't sell me short!!!!!

Tom Nook
The Six Dollar Raccoon

Wow. Anyway this is impulse buy territory, I just bought one. I don't even know why.
Kama_1082
Banned
(01-07-2016, 11:00 PM)
Now that I think about it...the housing crash took around 8 years to finally hit tom nook. 😢
God Dayumm
This guy hates feminists so much he thinks he might be gay.
(01-07-2016, 11:01 PM)
God Dayumm's Avatar

Originally Posted by tiebreaker

How much for Luigi??

I hear it is on discount at adult shops
Balb
Member
(01-07-2016, 11:02 PM)
Balb's Avatar
I always doubted how popular and recognizable Animal Crossing characters are to the public. I'm shocked at how many AC figures there are - most I haven't even heard of.

Thread Tools