• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture Steam listing updated with banner image

MUnited83

For you.
Everybody's Gone to the Rapture got a banner uploaded for the store page.
header.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised at a February or March release.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Split this off to a separate thread. For context, this is a listing for Everybody's Gone to the Rapture that was found in the Steam database some months ago. At the time, people thought it may have been from a time before Sony picked the game up, but there has been activity on the listing since including this banner. It has not been officially announced. The OP is from a thread about other games that have leaked through the Steam database.

prudislav

If this were to come out, it'd be the second game published by Sony on Steam correct?
well it was originally supposed to be PC-only titles , before the deal with Sony , because of that i always thought this listing is just abandoned and simple remainder of that time when it was PC title ;-)

well it was originally supposed to be PC-only titles , before Sony snatched it and put an exclusivity deal on it , bevause of that i always thaught this listing is just abandoned and simple remainder of that time when it was PC title ;-)

Or you know The Chinese Room chose to partner with Sony.

DOWN

Banned
well it was originally supposed to be PC-only titles , before Sony snatched it and put an exclusivity deal on it , bevause of that i always thaught this listing is just abandoned and simple remainder of that time when it was PC title ;-)
Didn't the deal get done by The Chinese room to boost their resources for the game and studio, and then Santa Monica ended up helping with it? Let's not act like SONY swooped in to oppress ;)

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
What I think we'll come to see is that the really small titles that Sony makes which genres are popular on PC will also make see the light of day on Steam. Helldivers, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture and my next guess would be: The Tomorrow Children.

I hope so.

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture is one of the best games I played last year. Fantastic experience and soundtrack by Jessica Curry.

Corpekata

Banned
Hooray for stable framerate and hopefully a mod for increased walking speed.

Though I played it on PS4 so I won't be snagging right away, maybe after a while.

I'm glad to see this is actually making its way over to PC. As much as I enjoyed the game on PS4, its unlocked framerate was constantly on my mind as it would fluctuate from the 40s to the 10s wildly. I hope the extra time will have helped squash the few scripting bugs for this new release too.

What I think we'll come to see is that the really small titles that Sony makes which genres are popular on PC will also make see the light of day on Steam. Helldivers, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture and my next guess would be: The Tomorrow Children.

Journey?

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I'm glad I'll finally be able to play this! Been a fan of The Chinese Room since Dear Ester was a janky, incomprehensible mess of a Source mod, and wasn't the happiest when they sought Santa Monica's help with Rapture. But they somehow managed to get it back to PC, and they will have my money day one.

So, it was published by Sony.... could this be an evolution of the pub fund? Provide support, publish, but ultimately hold no ownership?

Corpekata

Banned
So, it was published by Sony.... could this be an evolution of the pub fund? Provide support, publish, but ultimately hold no ownership?

They own the IP / game IIRC. It's more likely just their rules are relaxing about exclusivity, similar to Microsoft and some of their smaller titles like Ori and State of Decay.

Hooray for stable framerate and hopefully a mod for increased walking speed.

Though I played it on PS4 so I won't be snagging right away, maybe after a while.

The walking speed ruined the game for me, in all honesty. I wanted to love it, and there's definitely things about it I like, but I just can't get over that walking speed.

Kyoufu

The walking speed ruined the game for me, in all honesty. I wanted to love it, and there's definitely things about it I like, but I just can't get over that walking speed.

I'm curious to know how anyone at The Chinese Room thought their game was good with that slow walking speed. I was bored to tears just trying to traverse through the town.

MUnited83

For you.
Just a piece of trivia: Helldivers got it's initial upload to the database 4 months before it release. Meanwhile, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture has been in the database since 2 months ago, has regular updates to it and now has the banner uploaded, a thing that is only normally uploaded when the game is relatively close to release, hence my reasoning for a February/March release being likely.

MUnited83

For you.
Can i see the source of this leak for Journey ?

There's this. However, as Journey is a very simple and common name, we can't know if it's actually Journey the Playstation game or just a unnanounced random indie game. For what it's worth, the app for it on the database did get uploaded to the database around the same time Helldivers did, but that's just circumstancial. Too early to say if it's actually anything or just a fluke.

Occam

I hope so.

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture is one of the best games I played last year. Fantastic experience and soundtrack by Jessica Curry.

Funny how that goes. For me it was a terrible experience. Bland, incredibly slow, only slightly more interaction than a screensaver. Borderline non-game. Well, I guess now more people will get to walk it.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
I enjoyed it quite a lot on PS4 even if it was flawed. Screenshots on PC should be incredible however. I'm glad Sony are exploring PC releases. I think it only helps them for these games to reach as large an audience as possible.

MUnited83

For you.
I agree. It could be common name, if journey is there then Flow and Flower should be there too. Do they have them also ?

One would assume that if it is coming, they would just put Journey first since it's the best selling game of that dev, and then if that sells they would be willing to maybe port the back catalog.

Didn't Flow and Flower require motion controls? That might explain their absence.

They did talk of the possibility of patching non motion controls but they couldn't do it because of extensive QA processes, but if the game was on PC they would do it without issues.

Corpekata

Banned
I agree. It could be common name, if journey is there then Flow and Flower should be there too. Do they have them also ?

I don't think a game being ported suggests a developer's entire catalog would be ported right at the same time. Journey was a much bigger hit critically and commercially so IF they are porting anything, they'd likely start there.

Pranay

I enjoyed it quite a lot on PS4 even if it was flawed. Screenshots on PC should be incredible however. I'm glad Sony are exploring PC releases. I think it only helps them for these games to reach as large an audience as possible.

The reason why Sony are releasing the games on pc as well especially from pc centric developers is to establish better relations with the developers and also get more pc exclusives games on to ps4.

There main objective is still getting as many as games on ps4 for its audience.

Will porting indie developers games hurt there console ?

Nah

MUnited83

For you.
Nah i think its in Greenlight right now, or was anyway

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=469919337

Maybe, maybe not.

Oh, good catch, this might very well be it, especially considering the app hasn't been updated for two months, and they made a announcement in October that the artwork guy's PC got broken and they had to delay the game until they have money for a new one. The date of it being greenlit and the day this app got uploaded seem to line up nicely, so yeah, it seems like this is it.

Hope people enjoy it. I was absolutely engrossed by the experience and didn't mind the walking speed. Seemed to put me in the game a lot more.

LewieP

For what it is worth, I recall The Chinese Room saying that their deal with Sony didn't forever preclude them doing a PC version at some point down the line.

Will be interesting to see who is the publisher. Doesn't matter too much as far as this one title is concerned, but it would be a good indication that they plan to publish more titles on PC/Steam if "Playstation Mobile" is the publisher on this one too.

Top Bottom