• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konosuba(Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!) animeTV|OT|Living an RPG after-life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

t09Ya0D.png

(God’s blessing on this wonderful world!)
OtwFCzs.jpg

Genres: Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy, Romance, Supernatural, Ecchi
Episodes: 10
Airs: starts Jan 13, 10:30am PST (Every Wednesday going forward)
Streaming via: Crunchyroll EU/NA, AnimeLab (Aus)
Producers: KONOSUBA Partners
Official Website: http://konosuba.com/
Rating: R 17+ (Fanservice, Fantasy Violence, Language)

Staff:
Director: Takaomi Kanasaki (Tokyo Ravens, Is This a Zombie?)
Series Composition: Makoto Uezu (Arpeggio of Blue Steel, Is This a Zombie?, Akame ga KILL!, The Heroic Legend of Arslan)
Character Design: Kouichi Kikuta
Art Director: Masakazu Miyake
Music: Masato Coda (Arpeggio of Blue Steel)
Music Production: NIPPON COLUMBIA
Animation Production: Studio DEEN
Opening Theme: "fantastic dreamer" by Machico
Ending Theme: "LITTLE ADVENTURER” by:
Aqua (CV: Sora Amamiya),
Megumin (CV: Rie Takahashi),
Darkness (CV: Ai Kayano)

LN/Manga Background:
Original Story: Natsume Akatsuki (published by Kadokawa Sneaker Bunko, KADOKAWA)
Original Story Illustrations: Kurone Mishima

PV:
http://youtu.be/NU87y-38glA

Synopsis:
The life of Satou Kazuma, a hikikomori who likes games, all too soon came to an end because of a traffic accident... It was supposed to, but when he woke up, a beautiful girl who called herself a goddess was in front of his eyes.

"Hey, I have got something a little nice for you. Wanna go to another world? You can take only one thing of your choice along with you."

"...then I'll take you."

From here on, the great adventure of subjugating the Demon King will begin for the reincarnated Kazuma... Or so one would think, but it's the labor for obtaining food, clothing and shelter that begins! Despite Kazuma wanting to live in peace, the goddess keeps causing problems one after another, and eventually, they attract the attention of the Demon King's army!?

0KLWIfP.jpg

Main Characters:

yiW3KIz.jpg

Kazuma:
VA:Jun Fukushima
Job: Adventurer (basic class)
Duties in party: Resolving troubles caused by other party members
Used to be a shut-in that loved games, but was reincarnated into another world. Starts the new life in the other world along with Aqua, the goddess he roped in with him. An average adventurer that has no traits other than having an extremely high luck status

G2jLrsD.jpg

Aqua
VA:Sora Amamiya
Job: Archpriest (advanced class)
Duties in party: Healing magic
Special talent: Party stunts
The goddess that sent Kazuma into another world. She also gets roped into the other world while she's at it. In order to return to her original world, she must defeat the evil overlord.

lWuvulH.jpg

Megumin
VA:Rie Takahashi
Job: Archwizard (advanced class)
Duties in party: DPS spells
Special talent: Explosive magic
Hobby: Explosive magic
Genius mage with extraordinary powers, even among the crimson demons said to have high magical powers. Unlike her Lolita-esque appearance, she uses "explosive magic", the highest class of blast spells.

6BSZ0uV.jpg

Darkness
VA:Ai Kayano
Job: Crusader (advanced class)
Duties in party: Defense
Special talent: Fantasizing
Female knight with a high sense of justice, wearing armor. In order to protect her comrades and city dwellers, she does not hesitate to physically become a wall to thwart enemies (she's good at that).

Other site info:
http://myanimelist.net/anime/30831/Kono_Subarashii_Sekai_ni_Shukufuku_wo!?q= Konosuba

LdB4PQE.gif

*Important Thread Reminders*
As with all TV "OT" threads, the thread is here to, as a group, react to and discuss the show. This includes its good parts, bad parts, and everything in between. Discuss and have fun, as always, spoiler tags are not needed in this thread after each episode airs. However, LN readers, please do not post spoilers untagged!!! Even if they are tagged, make sure you title it as a future plot spoiler so there are no "accidents." Thank you and let's have some great discussion as the show airs.

*Also*
There is some fanservice in the show, so be aware of it now. DO NOT focus on it with images or descriptive writing. Leave comments general and don't be lewd!
Also, if your point is to come in here and be righteous about fanservice and it's inclusion in anime, your better off just staying away from almost all LN based shows and this thread in general, please do not start the arguement here.

Watch, react, share, enjoy!

HardRojo

Fuck, I quickly read the title and thought this was an Anime about The World Ends With You. I'm disappointed. Regarding the actual Anime in the OP, not interested at all.

Kettch

Oh, I've been reading the manga version of this. Despite the extremely generic concept (there must be a hundred of these "transported to game world" stories out there now), this is actually one of the more entertaining ones.

Still second fiddle to Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari though, hopefully that one gets an anime at some point.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
I remember reading the VN of this a long time ago, it is a fun book, the theme is generic as hell but the story is very clever.

Don't watch it for the plot, just watch it for the comedy and some clever tricks that the main character pulls off just from his game knowledge.

Cornbread78

Ok, That was pretty good. I like the world setting, the music, (ED is sweet!) the characters, so far, have unique personalities, and are very "non-traditional." They did time skip a little bit towards the end of the episode with still shots, which was felt cheap, but outside of that, they set things up for the season and it looks like it could be pretty damn fun to follow with the good comedy and interesting characters.

Ep 1

Ok that was pretty great. I didn't think it'll be that good. I just love how self-aware the show was. So I'm going to continue watching this

Ascheroth

Since this looks still pretty empty, here's my post from the seasonal OT:

Konosuba - 01

Yeah, this was actually a lot of fun. It's basically a parody of all the 'transported/reincarnated into fantasy world stories'. Some hilarious moments throughout it and it's refreshing to have an MC who clearly knows what's up.

Cornbread78

So, how egregious is the fanservice?

It's your typical "otaku pandering" fanservice, but none of that gross loli shit or other perverse crap so far. Basically, butt cheeks and bouncy boobs, same as any mainstream comedy movie with sophomoric humor. . The show doesn't focus on it, thankfully. Definitely give it a shot and see what you think.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Episode 1

It is pretty enjoyable, I am glad I forgot most of the VN so I can enjoy watching this. Got a few laugh off.

zulux21

It's your typical "otaku pandering" fanservice, but none of that gross loli shit or other perverse crap so far. Basically, butt cheeks and bouncy boobs, same as any mainstream comedy movie with sophomoric humor. . The show doesn't focus on it, thankfully. Definitely give it a shot and see what you think.

glad to hear this. I had read some of the manga and was worried about how the fanservice would be in the show.

though I am guessing the character I am most worried about didn't make her appearance in the first episodes so I suppose there is still some time on that one >.>

I'll have to give the actual show a watch tomorrow when the wife is free.

Jarmel

Banned
Konosuba-1
To my utter shock, this was one of the better episodes this season. You would think from the premise it would be the usual faux-fantasy tripe but they really play it up comedically and with enough insight into the usual tropes, that everything comes off as hilarious. For example the main character
dying of shock instead of being ran over or his thought process when his skills were being read out

There were also some really good directional effects such as the pause screen or the old school sound effects that play up the game atmosphere. The montage was sort of clever in that it was used for dual purposes in that it was showing the leads becoming closer but also done for comedic effect.
The biggest downside is the show kinda looks like shit, which I feel bad saying as there are some great reaction faces. The character designs just never feels particularly consistent and the art direction so far is lacking. It's not a really bad looking show but I can already tell the production is going to fall apart hard and it being Deen doesn't strike confidence.

Really good watch so far despite my super low expectations.

Diodiablo

Banned
Come on guys, keep this thread alive until Saturday at least, so I can see the first episode and contribute. More people should bring cute goddesses with them when they reincarnate in fantasy worlds, instead of bringing overpowered skills.

Oh, I've been reading the manga version of this. Despite the extremely generic concept (there must be a hundred of these "transported to game world" stories out there now), this is actually one of the more entertaining ones.

Yeah. I've also been reading it. It reminds me a bit of Rune Soldier.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Konosuba 1
Lol, i enjoy this. Both Kazuma and Aqua are terrible people being asshole to each other make this a lot more fun. Kazuma death was hilarious. Then there's montage of them being labour since beginner monster already extinct. Boob jiggle is kinda distracting, and Aqua nopan.

Cornbread78

Konosuba ep.2:
Holy crap LMFAO, that was hilarious. The banter back and forth between the Aqua and the MC is outstanding, and the stupid princess getting eaten multiple times never got old...

First frog:
kMd2KLk.jpg

second frog:
RGZyNzE.png

look ma, no hands...

Then we finally get to meet the newest member of the party, which is also flawed and pretty useless, but the convo infront of the townsfolk was hilarious.

[
GQ7pmdQ.png

Aqua being eaten again in the background
, lol

So our useless crew is growing, but these two get along
QedPXe4.gif

And it looks like we are going to meet our final party member next week
ibLplEh.png

This episode was hilarious... Huge tone down in fanservice as well!

Cornbread78

jfgU48r.jpg
BEHYNYZ.png

CYz8Nar.jpg
yOaNweN.jpg

Holy crap, Darkness is a masochistic Crusader and just as useless as the others, lol. That cabbage assault segment, as well as the thief "pilfer skill" learning experience were classic fun. This show hit's all the right notes for goofy fun with an edge of ecchi. Good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom