• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Crossing Eden
Banned
(01-16-2016, 06:10 PM)

Originally Posted by Smash88

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw8ZlbQ5II4

PC Version set on Low settings running on a 650Ti

PC Version Video Options: (in case video gets taken down)
Vsync (on/off)
Frame Rate Limit (on/off)
Shadow Quality
Shadow Resolution
Spot Shadow Count
Spot Shadow Resolution
Contact Shadows
Post FX AA
Temporal AA
Sharpen Image (%)
Particle Detail
Enable Wind-affected Snow
Volumetric Fog
Reflection Quality
Local Reflection Quality
Sub-surface Scattering
Anisotropic Filtering
Parallax Mapping
Ambient Occlusion
Depth of Field
Object Detail (%)
Extra Streaming Distance (%)
Chromatic Aberration (on/off)
Lens Flare (on/off)
Vignette Effect (on/off)

So it seems the difference between the pc version and console version will be quite staggering compared to some other titles.
KINGofCRA5H
Member
(01-16-2016, 06:12 PM)
KINGofCRA5H's Avatar
This is good.... hopefully it's optimized well. 60fps is all I need.
R dott B
Member
(01-16-2016, 06:13 PM)
R dott B's Avatar
Nice, I hope it runs well.
GHG
Member
(01-16-2016, 06:14 PM)
GHG's Avatar
Another video at low settings from the same guy:

youtube.com/watch?v=_dFdST1Hz7c
thuway
Member
(01-16-2016, 06:14 PM)
thuway's Avatar
Ugh show us ultra footage!
KINGofCRA5H
Member
(01-16-2016, 06:14 PM)
KINGofCRA5H's Avatar

Originally Posted by GHG

Another video at low settings from the same guy:

youtube.com/watch?v=s_dFdST1Hz7c

aaaand it's gone
Jolkien
Member
(01-16-2016, 06:15 PM)
Jolkien's Avatar

Originally Posted by thuway

Ugh show us ultra footage!

Starting on the 22nd. The reason you haven't seen PC or PS4 footage is because it's marketed by Microsoft.
Wonko_C
Member
(01-16-2016, 06:15 PM)
Wonko_C's Avatar
My Core2 Duo is ready! For 25-30fps 720p lowest settings
GHG
Member
(01-16-2016, 06:16 PM)
GHG's Avatar

Originally Posted by KINGofCRA5H

aaaand it's gone

Strange...

If you go to the video listings on his channel it's still there.
Deputy Dangle
Member
(01-16-2016, 06:17 PM)
Deputy Dangle's Avatar
I'm so, so happy to see a port with a toggle for Chromatic Aberration.
Ryuuga
Member
(01-16-2016, 06:17 PM)
Ryuuga's Avatar
Yes, the game will feature many graphics.
Theorry
Member
(01-16-2016, 06:18 PM)
Theorry's Avatar

Originally Posted by Deputy Dangle

I'm so, so happy to see a port with a toggle for Chromatic Aberration.

You can even toggle it on and off on the consoles. :)
KINGofCRA5H
Member
(01-16-2016, 06:19 PM)
KINGofCRA5H's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jolkien

The reason you haven't seen PC or PS4 footage is because it's marketed by Microsoft.

Did not know this. TIL.
Deputy Dangle
Member
(01-16-2016, 06:19 PM)
Deputy Dangle's Avatar

Originally Posted by Theorry

You can even toggle it on and off on the consoles. :)

Already winning me over!
Bunta
Fujiwara Tofu Shop
(01-16-2016, 06:19 PM)
Bunta's Avatar

Originally Posted by KINGofCRA5H

aaaand it's gone

Still there for me.
The Dutch Slayer
Member
(01-16-2016, 06:20 PM)
The Dutch Slayer's Avatar
PC version is under embargo for an other week so yeah someone fucked up.
Mifec
Member
(01-16-2016, 06:21 PM)
Mifec's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bunta

Still there for me.

Same.

Glad to see them have all those options but I never expected less from Massive.
Kezen
Banned
(01-16-2016, 06:23 PM)
I await the final release when some will complain about awful performance when their hardware can't handle the ultra settings.
etta
my hard graphic balls
(01-16-2016, 06:24 PM)
etta's Avatar

Originally Posted by Theorry

You can even toggle it on and off on the consoles. :)

Based Massive.
IcyRhythms
Member
(01-16-2016, 06:24 PM)
IcyRhythms's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kezen

I await the final release when some will complain about awful performance when their hardware can't handle the ultra settings.

Shouldn't be too difficult with the very obvious downgrade.
Hoje0308
Member
(01-16-2016, 06:25 PM)
Hoje0308's Avatar

Chromatic Aberration (on/off)

Should be an option in every version of any game that uses it.
DieH@rd
Member
(01-16-2016, 06:26 PM)
DieH@rd's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hoje0308

Should be an option in every version of any game that uses it.

It is in this game.

As for others.... well.... no such luck.
Crossing Eden
Banned
(01-16-2016, 06:27 PM)

Originally Posted by The Dutch Slayer

PC version is under embargo for an other week so yeah someone fucked up.

Based on the other videos on the channel the youtuber doesn't seem to be associated with any outlets.

Originally Posted by IcyRhythms

Shouldn't be too difficult with the very obvious downgrade.

This video looks worse than the xb1 version due to the settings and people are still claiming a "very obvious downgrade." (._. )
Kezen
Banned
(01-16-2016, 06:27 PM)

Originally Posted by IcyRhythms

Shouldn't be too difficult with the very obvious downgrade.

We have not seen ultra footage. I can see this game being very taxing if you insist on setting everything to its maximum value, even except AA.
KurtSloane
Member
(01-16-2016, 06:29 PM)
KurtSloane's Avatar

Originally Posted by Crossing Eden

So it seems the difference between the pc version and console version will be quite staggering compared to some other titles.

3 years into the gen, zero surprise.
ViciousDS
Member
(01-16-2016, 06:29 PM)
ViciousDS's Avatar
The game looks good on low and runs 60 fps on a 650ti.....a fucking 650ti. I have good faith massive at least optimized the shit out of this game and higher end rigs could easily max out or hit a great bar.


That PC user could obviously run 30 fps at medium
chromatic9
Banned
(01-16-2016, 06:30 PM)

Originally Posted by Kezen

I await the final release when some will complain about awful performance when their hardware can't handle the ultra settings.

Don't forget the NXgamer analysis video showing a 2GB 7870 stuttering at settings for 4GB cards.
MutonCommander
Banned
(01-16-2016, 06:30 PM)
That is one sexy options menu.
Crossing Eden
Banned
(01-16-2016, 06:37 PM)

Originally Posted by KurtSloane

3 years into the gen, zero surprise.

Some of these effects sound like something that'd only be tweaked with the ini files.
Trace
Member
(01-16-2016, 06:41 PM)
Trace's Avatar
This game on Ultra is going to be nuts if that's what it looks like on low.
Theorry
Member
(01-16-2016, 06:44 PM)
Theorry's Avatar

Originally Posted by Trace

This game on Ultra is going to be nuts if that's what it looks like on low.

I think the screenshot thread is going to be alot of The Division when the beta is going on.
Smash88
Banned
(01-16-2016, 06:46 PM)
Smash88's Avatar

Originally Posted by Theorry

I think the screenshot thread is going to be alot of The Division when the beta is going on.

I assume there will be no NDA for the Beta?

If so, I'll be posting a bunch of vanilla shots, maxed out, 1440p.

I'm taking into account that Youtube compression makes any game ugly, and the fact that he is playing on low. I'm super curious to see if some of the features promised are still in the game, such as the snow slightly melting and causing slush.
Last edited by Smash88; 01-16-2016 at 06:52 PM.
Dictator93
Member
(01-16-2016, 06:47 PM)
Dictator93's Avatar

Originally Posted by IcyRhythms

Shouldn't be too difficult with the very obvious downgrade.

consoles =/ ultra lol
Theorry
Member
(01-16-2016, 06:49 PM)
Theorry's Avatar

Originally Posted by Smash88

I assume there will be no NDA for the Beta?

If so, I'll be posting a bunch of vanilla shots, maxed out, 1440p.

I'm taking into account that Youtube compression makes any game ugly, and the fake he is playing on low. I'm super curious to see if some of the features promised are still in the game, such as the snow slightly melting and causing slush.

Nope. No NDA. :)
Vigilant Walrus
Junior Member
(01-16-2016, 06:57 PM)
Vigilant Walrus's Avatar
World in Conflict was legendary, so I have my hopes up!
oti xero
Member
(01-16-2016, 06:59 PM)
oti xero's Avatar
So if I played the Alpha I'm also in the Beta, right? Will we get additional codes for PS4 and PC or do we have to pre-order those versions as well? Still gotta decide between PS4 and PC.
Smash88
Banned
(01-16-2016, 06:59 PM)
Smash88's Avatar

Originally Posted by Vigilant Walrus

World in Conflict was legendary, so I have my hopes up!

I wish they would make another one. It was sooo good. And they somehow made nukes not super OP and difficult to attain.
Animator
Member
(01-16-2016, 07:00 PM)
Animator's Avatar
I can't wait to play this. It will look glorious on PC.
Theorry
Member
(01-16-2016, 07:02 PM)
Theorry's Avatar

Originally Posted by oti xero

So if I played the Alpha I'm also in the Beta, right? Will we get additional codes for PS4 and PC or do we have to pre-order those versions as well? Still gotta decide between PS4 and PC.

If you were in the alpha you get a Beta key. I think you just get one and when you activate it you can select your platform again.
Last edited by Theorry; 01-16-2016 at 07:08 PM.
oti xero
Member
(01-16-2016, 07:05 PM)
oti xero's Avatar

Originally Posted by Theorry

If you werein the alpha you get a Beta key. I think you just get one and when you activate it you can select your platform again.

OK then, gonna go with PC then. I'll just imagine PS4 runs a bit smoother than Xbox One and try to make a decision based on that. Thank you.
Vulcano's assistant
Member
(01-16-2016, 07:06 PM)
Vulcano's assistant's Avatar
So how does this % work? Do you simply switch between a number of presets of you have 100 degrees of control over the effect?
Last edited by Vulcano's assistant; 01-16-2016 at 07:08 PM.
Smash88
Banned
(01-16-2016, 07:09 PM)
Smash88's Avatar

Originally Posted by Vulcano's assistant

So hows does this % work? Do you simply switch between a number of presets of you have 100 degrees of control over the effect?

Anything with % is scalable from 0% to 100%. Full control, only reason I say that is because Object Detail was set at 38%.

Of course I could be wrong and some could be presets, we just don't know ATM and I (we) can only speculate.
Last edited by Smash88; 01-16-2016 at 07:16 PM.
TGO
Member
(01-16-2016, 07:15 PM)
TGO's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kezen

I await the final release when some will complain about awful performance when their hardware can't handle the ultra settings.

When has anyone ever done that..
Sarcasm
brobban
Member
(01-16-2016, 07:16 PM)
brobban's Avatar
Chromatic Aberration option, hell yeah!!!
Mad Season
Member
(01-16-2016, 07:19 PM)
Mad Season's Avatar
No fov slider tho?
Kezen
Banned
(01-16-2016, 07:21 PM)

Originally Posted by chromatic9

Don't forget the NXgamer analysis video showing a 2GB 7870 stuttering at settings for 4GB cards.

You aren't implying the Playstation™ 4® can be matched, are you ? Certainly not by mere PC hardware which let's not forget is not Supercharged®.

You heathen.


In all seriousness I expect a Pitcairn (7850/7870) in a PC environment to very nearly match any console sku if paired with a monstruous Core I3.
Gaogaogao
Member
(01-16-2016, 07:21 PM)
Gaogaogao's Avatar
hmm better than expected
Kindekuma
Member
(01-16-2016, 07:21 PM)
Kindekuma's Avatar

Originally Posted by Deputy Dangle

I'm so, so happy to see a port with a toggle for Chromatic Aberration.

THIS.

My eyes bleed at the sight of it.
velociraptor
Junior Member
(01-16-2016, 07:22 PM)
velociraptor's Avatar
I just want my 970 to run it at 1080p60 and I'll be happy. Anything else and I'll be pissed.
Smash88
Banned
(01-16-2016, 07:27 PM)
Smash88's Avatar

Originally Posted by velociraptor

I just want my 970 to run it at 1080p60 and I'll be happy. Anything else and I'll be pissed.

I mean you can get that, but at what settings is the real question. :)

Thread Tools