• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PGA Tour 2016 |OT| Tour Wars: Revenge Of The Spieth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Less than 3 weeks until The Players Championship at Sawgrass. One of the most beautiful courses in the world

TPCSawgrass.jpg

brerwolfe

New Orleans has been a mess. Major delay on Thursday, even bigger delay yesterday, and we're almost an hour into our first delay of today.

Anyhow, here's an explosion of photos I snapped this week so far:

2016 Zurich Classic - TPC Louisiana by brerwolfe, on Flickr

2016 Zurich Classic - Main Entrance by brerwolfe, on Flickr

2016 Zurich Classic - Windy Conditions by brerwolfe, on Flickr

2016 Zurich Classic - 18th Green by brerwolfe, on Flickr

2016 Zurich Classic - No. 16 Bunker by brerwolfe, on Flickr

My colleague and I went out to get water shots during Thursday's delay. I found a huge collection of water on the cart path at 16 and told him to wait for me to get set up. Thought this photo was awesome:

2016 Zurich Classic - Gunnar Gets It by brerwolfe, on Flickr

2016 Zurich Classic - Gunnar Gets It by brerwolfe, on Flickr

2016 Zurich Classic - Rainbow over 18 by brerwolfe, on Flickr

Pretty funny, moment I had, I walked on with a group on Sunday and one of the guys drained a 30 footer for eagle. As it was tracking, another guy started saying "better than most....BETTER THAN MOST!" I lost it when he made it lol

https://youtu.be/qrvP02Oit04?t=8s

Also, one of these days I'll try "be the right club, today!" on the course

ShaneB

Saw Jason Day's score throughout the day, lots of low scores atop the leaderboard. Hopefully it's a close sunday finish, would love it all coming down to those final holes.
edit: Shane Lowry shot a 29 on the back nine?! Those highlights will be fun to watch.

brerwolfe

Anyone making a US Open thread?

I talked my way into an inside-the-ropes lanyard for the week, so I'm looking forward to having some Major access (I'm usually relegated to outside-the-ropes at Majors).

Gonna go out tonight and take some photos around the course.

no OT so i'll post here. I hope the commentary team gets their shit together following the weather delay. they were stepping all over each other's toes during the broadcast.

ideally, they would shut up and give us protracer on every single shot lol

LordAmused

What a pleasure to be back at Oakmont. The course looks as tough as ever, it's going to be a fun week, especially if it gets windy.
Beautiful pictures Brerwolfe!

brerwolfe

Hey Brer, what's your camera setup?

Also, I think your photo got used by PGA Tour on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/BGuQNhikLBd/
I just went big and purchased a Canon 1DX mkII a few weeks ago, before that I was 5D mkII. And then Canon is at the Open and they let you borrow lenses, so I'm shooting on a 200-400m f/4.

And the Tour uses a bunch of my stuff, I'm a freelance tv camera op with them. I just also take a bunch of photos.

I just went big and purchased a Canon 1DX mkII a few weeks ago, before that I was 5D mkII. And then Canon is at the Open and they let you borrow lenses, so I'm shooting on a 200-400m f/4.

And the Tour uses a bunch of my stuff, I'm a freelance tv camera op with them. I just also take a bunch of photos.

Ah, no wonder. I saw that on my feed this morning and I looked here and I thought: "hmmm...."

LordAmused

This is beautiful! Great job man, you deserve an applause!

brerwolfe

I was a little grossed out when they blew the horn for the 3rd time yesterday. All the volunteers and USGA officials peaced out and hundreds of fans began walking through the fairway just because.

2016 U.S. Open - 18 Fairway and Spectators by brerwolfe, on Flickr

Guys have their balls marked out there and you're assuming no one would move/remove them? And then the idea that there are hundreds of people walking through a wet fairway, you're fucking with the playing surface! Unreal.

And I don't think anyone here cares, but I wanna point out that the photo isn't grainy, it's just really rainy.

haven't been able to catch almost all of Fox's coverage so far, but I want to know is if Greg Norman still part of the broadcast crew

bluehat9

haven't been able to catch almost all of Fox's coverage so far, but I want to know is if Greg Norman still part of the broadcast crew
I've only seen the last hour or two each day, but he wasn't on so I doubt it. They have Azinger and I think Brad Faxon? Can't even remember now, lol.

Anno

I'm liking whoever it is that's following Spieths group and yelling science facts after Bryson hits his shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom