• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Rise of the Tomb Raider PC Screenshots (by DeadEndThrills)

Mohasus

untitledfwsrq.jpg

Can't unsee. :(

As always, PC graphics are too angular.

Lime

Does this mean that a free camera tool will be available upon release? Or is it a special debug build that only theoctagon has access to?

Does this mean that a free camera tool will be available upon release? Or is it a special debug build that only theoctagon has access to?
on their site they say that they're often provided tools and they have shots of a lot of games that don't have photo modes so I doubt we'll be getting it.

Shredderi

Looks brilliant. But the Xbone version already looked really good so I'm not sure how much better this is objectively. Need to see some comparisons :)

Looks brilliant. But the Xbone version already looked really good so I'm not sure how much better this is objectively. Need to see some comparisons :)
We can expect:
  • better (or at least different) AO
  • better AA
  • better AF (?)
  • higher resolution shadows
  • native resolution cutscenes
just to name a few things!

Kezen

Banned
We can expect:
  • better AA
  • better AF (?)

Better tessellation and dynamic foliage also (though there is already a degree of moving foliage on xbone).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcXPOFDcNtA
Higher draw distance as well.

By no means a straight port, no matter what some (those who try to justify their xbone) would like to believe.

GRaider81

Was already impressed with how it looks on X1, but this is something else. Absolutely gorgeous.

Can't wait to play it this week!

They gave DET a debug version for the first game, so it's safe to assume they've done the same here. We will not be getting a photo mode.

NeoRaider

We can expect:
  • better AA
  • better AF (?)

Textures look more high res. There are even some completely different textures.
Also Foliage is first thing i noticed, it looks much better than Xbox One version.

Better tessellation and dynamic foliage also (though there is already a degree of moving foliage on xbone).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcXPOFDcNtA
Higher draw distance as well.

By no means a straight port, no matter what some (those who try to justify their xbone) would like to believe.

Textures look more high res. There are even some completely different textures.
Also Foliage is first thing i noticed, it looks much better than Xbox One version.
Huh, cool! Didn't know that about the foliage! Can't wait to play it again :p

The album does mention in-engine DOF and tonemapping control, so it might be possible to hack in access to those settings even if Square/Crystal Dynamics/Nixxes doesn't build a UI for it. A lot of DeadEndThrills stuff taken by the community relies on Cheat Engine tomfoolery to activate free cameras, variable FOV, etc.

Also, yeah, in case anyone doesn't already know: this is NOT representative of a typical PC experience. You should consider this the extreme high end of what is possible with the game's engine and assets. It's probably not something you'll actually get to experience in real-time gameplay unless your rig is ludicrously well-specced. That's sort of DET's playhouse.

The album does mention in-engine DOF and tonemapping control, so it might be possible to hack in access to those settings even if Square/Crystal Dynamics/Nixxes doesn't build a UI for it. A lot of DeadEndThrills stuff taken by the community relies on Cheat Engine tomfoolery to activate free cameras, variable FOV, etc.

Also, yeah, in case anyone doesn't already know: this is NOT representative of a typical PC experience. You should consider this the extreme high end of what is possible with the game's engine and assets. It's probably not something you'll actually get to experience in real-time gameplay unless your rig is ludicrously well-specced. That's sort of DET's playhouse.

I don't think anyone's expecting that IQ but the assets aren't going to change depending on your hardware. Maybe LODs.

Lime

They gave DET a debug version for the first game, so it's safe to assume they've done the same here. We will not be getting a photo mode.

Guess we'll have to rely on cheat engine once more. Didn't you make an excellent table for the 2013 release?

Are they still using a modified version of the Underworld engine for this one? Can't remember if they said or not. Either way the game looks gorgeous, even on Xbox One (and 360 for that matter; Nixxes being masters).

Part of me wants to wait for the PS4 version but I'm guessing that's like 10 months away. Since Legend I've owned all TRs on PC but I'm still rocking a 670 and a fairly old i5, so I can't imagine it liking this one too much...

dreamfall

Can't wait to replay it on PC. It was something wonderful on the XBO, higher resolution and better framerate will be a dream.

NeoRaider

Are they still using a modified version of the Underworld engine for this one? Can't remember if they said or not. Either way the game looks gorgeous, even on Xbox One (and 360 for that matter; Nixxes being masters).

Part of me wants to wait for the PS4 version but I'm guessing that's like 10 months away. Since Legend I've owned all TRs on PC but I'm still rocking a 670 and a fairly old i5, so I can't imagine it liking this one too much...

Modified reboot engine which is modified Underworld engine.

Parsnip

Ah so those were DET shots after all. Looks nice.

By the looks of things, that's about the only marketing they are throwing behind this PC release.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
The biggest difference for me personally seems to be the foliage.
Though it's a big upgrade all over the place, really looking forward to the HBAO+ and better AA.

Top Bottom