• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witness |OT|

Tain

PC VR support doesn't sound concrete, OP. "We might".

I'd hate to play this game now if I could wait and play it for the first time in VR. Kind of frustrating. It looks faaaaaar more appealing than Braid, and I'll try it for sure, but when?

Yeul

Just bought it! I'm excited to start playing it tomorrow. It looks gorgeous and I'm glad it's a long game that takes some brain power. It should be fun!

Would it be worth putting something in the OP about marking spoilers? I really hope people don't openly talk about puzzles in here, at least for a little bit.

Atrophis

Couldn't be happier to dig out a pad and pencil and get cracking on unlocking this games secrets.

I just hope there is a compelling narrative tying it all together. I love the story and lore of the Myst games and I want something new that gives me those feelings again.

iNvid02

neat ot, im glad this game turned out well, it would have been depressing to see if it he missed the mark considering what hes put into it

Title is awesome but lines of blow is even awesome too.

yeah that was very clever would have gone with that personally

So ready for this game.
Listening to the giant bomb podcast in the OP and I love their reaction to playing this game.
It sounds like the way to solve the puzzles is to explore the island before tackling a certain puzzle that doesn't make sense to you for the time being.
Extraordinary.
This game isn't about handouts, you must work for accomplishment

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
My mind is ready to be Jonathan Blown

Weetrick

Great OT! I'm really looking forward to this game. I think even my non-gamer wife will enjoy this, since she likes puzzle games.

Now to decide between PC and PS4...

Afro

Love the choice in screenshots, Afro.

Also, this is basically me right now. Can't believe this is actually coming out in less than 24 hours.

I hope you feel
image.php
after viewing my OT.

Good OT title but Lines of Blow is hilarious.

Lines of Blow felt too out of character for the game. I never really liked OTs that reference materials outside of the game itself. Sure, Blow made the game but still...this OT seems almost poetic and subtle in a way that the game appears to be. Perfect fit. Not just some fun pun.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
PC or PS4?

PS4: potentially up earlier (8am uk time vs 6pm). Play on nice TV. Wife might enjoy watching me play (she enjoyed being a spectator on The Talos Principle)

PC: might look prettier, might support 21:9, might have a VR version later (have an OR coming).

iNvid02

Lines of Blow felt too out of character for the game. I never really liked OTs that reference materials outside of the game itself. Sure, Blow made the game but still...this OT seems almost poetic and subtle in a way that the game appears to be. Perfect fit. Not just some fun pun.

dont knock cocaine until you've tried it

Dinjooh

PC or PS4?

PS4: potentially up earlier (8am uk time vs 6pm). Play on nice TV. Wife might enjoy watching me play (she enjoyed being a spectator on The Talos Principle)

PC: might look prettier, might support 21:9, might have a VR version later (have an OR coming).

Bolded is what's pushing me towards PS4.

If there's a lot of features for the PC version down the road that entices me, well - I'll just buy it for PC at that point, bound to go down in price at some point.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
It should be a wasteland for the first week with under 5 pages, but it wont. :p

I'm hoping for a sea of /spoiler protection to save our innocent eyes. I want to share the atmosphere without fear of anything else for a while.

We will probably need a spoiler thread to help with puzzle decoding etc?

Afro

What an amazing compliment, whoa. Thanks!

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I was going to wait until the weekend to pick this up, but it looks like I will be playing it tomorrow after all. I'm pretty stoked for it!

Great OT!

DavidDesu

Really looking forward to this. Heard Jonathon Blow describe what he wanted to achieve with this years ago now, basically those small moments of "aha!" for the user as they get another piece of the puzzle. It's what Braid achieved incredibly well over and over again as the same mechanic unravelled it's true depth to you. Made you feel smart playing it and left you in awe of the design. The Witness sounds like this but on a much grander scale. I always loved the art style, we need more colourful vibrant and calm games like this in the world! Thank god we seem to have gotten over last gen's obsession with green/brown tinged visuals!

I get paid in about 26 hours from now, I will be buying this immediately.

All I want now from Blow is him to release braid on PS4. Will buy, it's money on the table, and surely he can chuck some money at someone to get it ported ASAP!? This game looks like being a great success now with the critical reaction.

Out of absolutely nowhere this has become a day 1 game for me. Love the thread title and I'm glad the coke reference one didn't make it.

I fear I am just not perceptive enough to get the most out of this game but oh well. We shall see.

Top Bottom