(Thread on PlayStation forums: http://community.us.playstation.com/.../td-p/45605712)
(Thread on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/vita/commen...illed_my_vita/)
The issues all started after moving to firmware 3.57. Since then I have been having numerous issues with the Vita store
- unable to recognize content I had previously purchased (ex: Tearaway)
- multiple errors while browsing the store (NP-2245-3 the most prevalent)
- and now just unable to load the store. The message on the screen keeps spinning saying "please wait" and nothing will load
I'm on a Vita 1000 (original OLED). The browser on the vita works fine. The connection tests all say I can connect to the PlayStation Network. But I can't load any account information or the store.
Something is messed up with the 3.57 firmware I'm pretty confident.
Any others experiencing the same or similar?
Kotaku story with Sony's official comment
Originally Posted by Sony
The network issue that users experienced on their PS Vita was not due to system software 3.57 and is now resolved. Thank you for your patience.
Solution that has worked for me as of right now.
This fix from Reddit has been working for most of the night
1. Turn off Vita
2. Remove memory card
3. Turn on Vita
Your database should update at this point
4. Access the Store
You should be able to access the store here
5. Turn off your Vita
6. Re-insert Vita memory card
7. Turn on Vita again
Your database should update again at this point
8. Try and access the PSN store and it should (might?) work
Worked for me. Have now been able to access the store several times tonight with no issues.
Good luck all