• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breath of fire 3 coming to North America psn in February

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Just a heads up to people playing the PSP version for the first time.

The beginning fights take longer to load and stutter a bit at loading. At first I thought this was my UMD 10 years ago, but it's just the fights with visible enemies on the screen before the fight. Most of the fights are random, but the first couple of fights in the cave and the one or so in the forest with the monster on the screen cause this.

Just a heads up to people playing the PSP version for the first time.

The beginning fights take longer to load and stutter a bit at loading. At first I thought this was my UMD 10 years ago, but it's just the fights with visible enemies on the screen before the fight, which is just the first kinds of fights.

That was a common issue with UMDs. Digital should hopefully eliminate that.

mattp

it's the psp version. meaning this won't work on ps3 and ps4 if they ever release the damn ps1 emulator. pretty lame

Nottle

Awesome! It's one of the games on my long list of JRPGS that I never played and can now finally get to it. Breath of fire is pretty good until the 5th game right? I need to play the others.

Awesome! It's one of the games on my long list of JRPGS that I never played and can now finally get to it. Breath of fire is pretty good until the 5th game right? I need to play the others.
The 5th game is still good, just different and not a classic JRPG

androvsky

it's the psp version. meaning this won't work on ps3 and ps4 if they ever release the damn ps1 emulator. pretty lame

Ideally they'd just have a PSP emulator too, it's not like they have to hold back to preserve their fat PS TV profits (and the existence of the PS TV answers the question about handheld vs console licensing). Sony already made a partially complete PSP emulator for the PS3 just to run minis.

catbrush

I've been waiting so long for this.

Is BoF3 better than 4? BoF4 was my first BoF, but it bored the shit out of me. Didn't even care to finish it.

So much better. The art in BoF4 is arguably better, but I found the storytelling in BoF4 to be boring in comparison.

Maedhros

I still want to play with Teepo. There's a video that plays in BoF 3 that shows you playing with Teepo even after that events... what a misleading video. T_T

Saikyo

Thanks the Stallion enemy with the ultraman colors, because of that we cant have PS1 version on psn, PSP version dont have this problem.

Paltheos

For those asking about version differences, the only adverse change my googling has reliably confirmed is the removal of the duplication glitch. I've also read about narrowing a passage in Angel Tower to prevent a puzzle skip and a single report on some slowdown but can't verify them. All the others changes are neutral or positive in nature.

Oh, also apparently that scene of Sunder peeing off the side of Mt. Myrneg is censored.

I would never call it bad, it's a great game but it can get frustrating. Just trying to warn people that get into it for the first time! I can see people dropping it after a few hours if they didn't know what to expect.

That's kinda what happened to me. Was still in the childhood arc 8 hours in and I just got bored of it.

Holy crap. Finally. The impossible made possible.

Going to snag it day 1 and throw it right on the Vita. YESSSSSSS. That'll be one less title to pine for.

Capcom is on a roll with filling in their PSOne classic holes, and I wish Square would take notes.

Garraboa

I barely use my Vita anymore, but I'll buy this out of principle. PSP releases and PSOne Classics need to be supported whenever possible!

So, did Sony finally back down when they realized how hypocritical it was to cockblock remasters on PSP, whilst they themselves are presently releasing and allowing a flood of Remasters on PS4 that either lack new content, or OUTRIGHT REMOVE content? (Nathan Drake Collection, Type-0 HD)

Finally, it would seem that the ghost of the Avatar of Satan, Bernie Stolar, may finally have been exorcised from Sony. Man though I'm going to dread when Sony gets back to their PS1/2 state and they're flexing their muscles even more, dictating what or what not can be made, because there's going to be a lot more BoF3 PSP NA scenarios coming our way again if Arrogant Sony makes its full return.

YES! YES! YES!

Breath of Fire 3 is a game I've bought twice, loved it both times...until it froze a few hours in due to scratched disc. Been meaning to import the psp version from Europe for awhile now but thankfully I won't have to now :D

And people complain about KHII's long intro. The child arc was way longer.

Not sure what this has to do with KH2, but on my playthroughs of FM+ I always make sure to make a second save file when I get back control of Sora. I didn't like it the first time and I certainly didn't the second time.

Not sure what this has to do with KH2, but on my playthroughs of FM+ I always make sure to make a second save file when I get back control of Sora. I didn't like it the first time and I certainly didn't the second time.

Im saying that JRPG intros use to be longer. KHII's intro ain't nowhere the length of FFVII's Midgar or BoFIII's Childhood arc.

(In old crotchety voice)

"Back in my day JRPG introductory chapters were longer than most games"

Im saying that JRPG intros use to be longer. KHII's intro ain't nowhere the length of FFVII's Midgar or BoFIII's Childhood arc.

(In old crotchety voice)

"Back in my day JRPG introductory chapters were longer than most games"

Then you have DQ4 where the intro is basically 4 separate scenarios introducing all the support characters before the hero appears in Chapter 5.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
And people complain about KHII's long intro. The child arc was way longer.

The child arc is no introduction-tutorial either. It was basically half of the game you play as young Ryu.

Then you have DQ4 where the intro is basically 4 separate scenarios introducing all the support characters before the hero appears in Chapter 5.

Awesome you mention DQ4, my DS copy is on its way. Now that's what I'm talking about.

It will be fun reliving BoFIII on a Vita, I remember as a child thinking it would be awesome to play JRPGs on the go since they are so long. The Vita has revitalized that dream 15 years later. All the Final Fantasy games up till X, BoFIII, Persona 3/4 all portable in some fashion.

ElFly

Trek through the desert is one of the best moments in JRPGs.

Sadly it's for the handheld family only.

Get it on PS3 / 4 pls.

Top Bottom