• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN Unfiltered: Aaron Greenberg Shares Xbox Stories (90 min video)

MauroNL

Its funny when he talks about how off they were from their predictions with the original Xbox launch. He said they had forecasted Munch Oddysee to sell the most from all the launch games; it's funny how Halo just destroyed everything and they totally didn't see it coming.

I appreciate the kind words folks! The plan is to do these once a month. Episode 1 was with Tim Schafer, and episode 2 was with Halo 5 Studio Head at 343 Josh Holmes (who shared a particularly interesting story about how he was an actor in his teens and auditioned for what became Chris O'Donnell's role as Robin in Batman Forever).

Wow, bet he's glad to have dodged that bullet.

Quick, somebody 'shop Holmes onto the Batman & Robin costume. The one with the nipples.

I appreciate the kind words folks! The plan is to do these once a month. Episode 1 was with Tim Schafer, and episode 2 was with Halo 5 Studio Head at 343 Josh Holmes (who shared a particularly interesting story about how he was an actor in his teens and auditioned for what became Chris O'Donnell's role as Robin in Batman Forever).

if you can get Yukio Futatsugi and ask him about what he thinks about the return of phantom dust and if he's a part of the new one i would love you forever..and just in general whats going on with him. :-3

Trojan

Ryan is great, but not a fan of Greenberg. I'm sure he's a decent guy in person, but his PR speak makes him sound disingenuous no matter what the topic.

mdubs

Banned
Excellent, thanks for doing this Ryan I will definitely give it a watch.

I've always liked Aaron Greenberg (contrary to the seeming opinion of many around these parts) always lots of insight from him in these types of interviews

Ryan is great, but not a fan of Greenberg. I'm sure he's a decent guy in person, but his PR speak makes him sound disingenuous no matter what the topic.

This I feel this way about most Xbox reps except Phil Spencer who is legit. PlayStation's reps just feel more genuine to me except Jim Ryan that man seems too much PR.

This was a great interview. I don't own an XBOX, but was really good to get an insight into what goes on behind the scenes of a new console/game launch and it is always nice to listen to people who are clearly very passionate about what they do.

KooopaKid

Banned
So what's IGN filtered then?

NfNOG.gif

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Will chdck this out when I get the chance, Aaron always seems to be a chill guy, and I love behind the scenes stories.

schlew

This was terrific! Some fun insight into his job, and I'm super envious of his ability to play games in super early states. Great that he's been around since the Xbox, be curious to know if there was any internal battles over the direction to take the Xbox One. It's still stings that the mindset and goals they have now weren't present from the start.

Top Bottom