• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Humble Ubisoft Bundle (Grow Home, CoJ: Gunslinger & Rayman Origins for $1)

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Man I went into Call of Juarez Gunslinger with zero expectations and I'm really digging it. A whole lotta fun to be had there.

Yeah I did that when it was a PS+ freebie, it was surprisingly enjoyable. Very on-rails, but I enjoyed the storytelling format (even the part where you play for a bit, then
"die" and the narrator goes "that would have been dumb and suicidal so we didn't do that" and then you restart a new level
LOL).

The "duels" can die in a fire though. I get what they were going for, but it played like utter crap and it wasn't fun at all.

Joeku

I own almost all of these games on PC except the two in the $15 tier, and I'm tempted to get it just for them and then redistribute the codes for everything else.

This is a fantastic deal.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
They added Chaos Theory and Blood Dragon to the BTA tier.

Oh man - I could write a love letter to Chaos Theory's multiplayer. There's nothing like it out there. The newer Splinter Cell titles rewrote how the gameplay works, and it's never been the same since. Does this thing still work, and do people still play it?

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
People still complain about uplay?

In 2016?

Looks like a decent bundle. I'm in.

It took many years for people to accept Steam - uplay has the additional luck of being associated with Ubi - who grace us with all sorts of shit when dealing with their PC games. The lack of trust is not unfounded.

Setsuna

I thought the same thing when I bought the game last year from Amazon for cheap. Makes me sad that AC III and Black Flag run like ass. Black Flag is better but Rouge is a well optimized title on my old PC.

Lets see here black flag has effects that Assassins creed rogue doesn't have. And through Benchmarks you can see that Assasssins creed 3 always runs 10 fps higher than Rogue on comparable hardware

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I just tried out AC Rogue -- I can't believe how well it runs on my ancient system. Looks pretty nice for an older AC game, too. Looking forward to seeing what else they add.

Yep, it's honestly shocking how AC3 and 4:Black Flag which are running on the same engine (IIRC) are badly optimized on PC while this is pretty damn crystal clear image quality and performance on the same PC. Just wow, whoever ported Rogue needs to be Ubisoft's PC port house for the Assassin's Creed franchise.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Almost pulled the trigger on Blood Dragon on the Steam sale, so I'm glad I waited to see if it was added! I have it on the 360, but I think it's going to be much nicer to experience on PC.

Surprised we got another Splinter Cell. I was expecting a Prince of Persia title to be added.

zoozilla

Blood Dragon's nice, I already had Chaos Theory though.

If anyone wants it, here it is:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (zoozilla, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

xWBm0BY.png
(uPlay) Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory -- MB-DA797A1E8E7F43BA - Taken by voodooray

AndyD

aka andydumi
The $15 tier turned out great. I had not played FC3 or Blood Dragon, Chronicles, Rogue or Crew. It was a great start for my uplay account and now I have more games there than my Origin one.

shockdude

Caved and bought the $15 bundle. I figured having uPlay keys wouldn't really matter since Steam keys would require uPlay anyways, and $15 for The Crew + everything else is honestly pretty fantastic.

This time the bundle is even worse. The Division is not worth $75 in any way. The Crew without any of the DLC is not worth $15, the complete editions go for a better price.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Since they real bundle it, can someone give me some insight on the BTA. I don't own any of the titles, so I'm a bit interested. Really, I guess its going to be Far Cry I need to be sold on. Otherwise, I'll just get the dollar tier.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 1 Steam keys and 2 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1178885.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (SuperSonic1305, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

xWBm0BY.png
t1cxE6r.gif
Far Cry 3 (uPlay) -- MB-D81AFC31554AAB2D - Taken by Jafku
Call of Juarez: Gunslinger -- MB-4978156900E2F5C7 - Taken by laserlaser
xWBm0BY.png
Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China (uPlay) -- MB-0DFB30FDB23543B0 - Taken by Hamster Plugin

Top Bottom