• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Batman Arkham Remastered Collection Is Still Coming (Summer 2016)

Following up on the IGN Italy rumor and supposedly leaked survey from last year Liam Robertson (of Unseen64) has put up a video detailing that the project may still be kicking after talking to some folk who "deals directly with the publisher of the Batman Arkham games".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwPLVuIlFRM

Arkham City and Asylum are still the only two rumored to be included. It's not really much "new" news but seeing as the original rumor gets brought up now and then by folk wondering if it is still happening or not I figured it was worth noting.

From the rumored leak...

arkham-survey-1.jpg

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I'd pay to play them again at higher quality. I'll bet AA is one of those games that ages really fucking well.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Is it gonna have a PC version?

EDIT: Doesn't even look like it's gonna have a PC version, based on the survey! HA!

FelipeMGM

Liam Robertson said:
UPDATE: Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment is reported to be making a big announcement tomorrow, relating to two of their biggest brands.

^^I guess Liam didnt go online today lol

Jokes aside, he has good sources so sure, its plausible

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Why not include Origins? Doesn't make much sense to not include it.

It's not part of the Rocksteady trilogy, tbh I was pretty surprised they acknowledged it's existence at all in AK.

I quite like it, the story in particular is really good, but it's a tier below the other 3.

bman94

I played Arkham City and loved it but I'm not ready to jump in since I didn't play New Game+ on it. I'd consider this only if they threw in Origins with it.

Mathieran

Banned
Never got to play the first one, and I love AC. I would pick this up for the right price. Would be nice if they included Origins, I enjoyed that one too.

Nice. I still consider Arkham Asylum the best of the three. A more compact experience overall and one of the better Metroidvania style games I've played.

Reeeeeeally don't know if I want to play through them all over again, though. The completionist in me dictates that I must do all of the Riddler stuff, which is one of the more tedious collectathons I've ever come across in gaming.

Jawmuncher

Seems kind of dumb to not include origins. The one that most people missed. Then again Sony didn't include Ascension with GOW3.

Chase17

Add me to the list of those who would have liked Origins to be included.

I still need to play Arkham Knight. At this point though I think I should wait longer in case there is a game of the year edition.

Origins had the best story of all 4 and would benefit from some bug fixing for an HD release.

Origins did not have the best story unless you're confusing "best story" with "biggest set pieces."

And this is WB, no way in hell are they gonna fix any bugs.

It seems a bit strange to be releasing a "remastered collection" that you want to be big enough to justify a retail release, and only include two games that have both gone for less than five bucks in a Humble Bundle, though.

NeoRaider

Origins wasn't really that great imo.
But it had best boss battles, i loved them. AK was huge disappointment in that aspect.

Origins does not mesh with the aesthetic of any of the Rocksteady games so I'm not surprised it's not included. It's this weird ass left field jump to everything being spiky and Dragon Age 2-esque and then it flits back to their old designs in Arkham Knight.

Markitron

Because Rocksteady didn't make it, they hate it, and will do anything to bury it.

They were fairly hands-off with it, but they referenced it plenty in Arkham Knight so I doubt they hate it.

Create a remaster of your collection of games, but don't include the best one. Yeaaaaahh..

You actually like how they flat-out broke the combat in AO?

Jinjo

Because Rocksteady didn't make it, they hate it, and will do anything to bury it.

Doesn't it have the same publisher though? Seems to me this is more of a publisher project/decision than Rocksteady. Are they even working on these supposed remasters?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
The time to release this and have it be successful was a year ago.

I also wish Origins was included since I never got to play it.

Vitacat

Interested. We'll see. Depends on what is included, and how far the remastering goes.

I own all those games already, some double dipped. So, the remaster has to be very good, and preferably include new content.

Arttemis

I, too, think it's stupid that this does'n't include Arkham Origins. The prequel is heavily referenced in Arkham Knight, and the story was arguably better than the two included in this package. Why can't why have the whole series accessible on one console gen?

JTripper

Include Origins and it's a day one purchase. Without it, sorry but no.

Origins was a greatly underrated game that suffered through game breaking bugs and glitches that the team intentionally decided to not fix, which was unacceptable. To not include the game, fixed and visually upgraded, with the others would just come off as an immature gesture to pretend that the game never existed, when in reality it has some great aspects worthy of the "Arkham" name.

Why would they bury the return to form and best game in the series?

For real. The hate for Arkham Knight was hyperbole at its worst. It has its flaws, no doubt, but it's a fucking fantastic Batman game despite its failure to reach the astronomical expectations of a lot of the fanbase.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I'm out if no Origins. Best in the series.

Carbonox

Origins was a great game despite being a buggy mess. I enjoyed the story quite a lot too. Would be a shame to exclude it.

Despite that I would definitely get this as I wouldn't mind playing through the first 2 again.

the most broken piece of shit game in history is return to form?

hahahaha no
Were you aware Arkham Knight came out on two other platforms?

No doubt AK's PC version is busted, but people don't say Platinum should bury Bayonetta because the PS3 version exists.

Markitron

Were you aware Arkham Knight came out on two other platforms?

No doubt AK's PC version is busted, but people don't say Platinum should bury Bayonetta because the PS3 version exists.

I was gonna say the exact same thing, now I have to improvise:

Borderlands 2 is a broken piece of shit and should never have been released*

*If you only consider the Vita version.

all of those covers are incredibly ugly. like wow.

Origins has a better plot than every single arkham game (it's the only one that actually had a cohesive villain and character arcs) and it also doesn't force you to stop playing batman and start playing bumper cars for 1/3 of the game. It deserves to be in the collection easily.

Top Bottom