• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Kingdom (PS4/Vita) dated for June, LEs Up on NISA Store, preorders up for EU

Ooo Grand Kingdom and Odin Sphere in the same month ehh. I will be picking up a Vita copy. Kinda sucks that there's no launch day edition for the Vita but whatever, physical is rare enough these days.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
The LE for this looks awesome, but what is this game? I guess I've been totally out of the loop, because everyone seems really excited for this.

Saphirax

Sort of like how we got teh complete Trails of Cold Steel limited edition....oh wait

CS was only published by NISA. XSEED were the ones who localized the game. The LEs for SoSC, White Witch and even Nights of Azure (from K-T) are identical.

The only thing missing from the CS LE was the box. EU also got more goodies if you preordered ASAP.

jonno394

CS was only published by NISA. XSEED were the ones who localized the game. The LEs for SoSC, White Witch and even Nights of Azure (from K-T) are identical.

The only thing missing from the CS LE was the box. EU also got more goodies if you preordered ASAP.

Ok, i'll wait and see, hope you are right :)

Im probably going to double dip this and Odin Sphere

My poor wallet

Vita Version Takes priority of course!

Actually pretty pumped for this game

SheHateMe

*frowns*

I want this. Badly. But I refuse to give NISA any more of my money after the debacle that was The Witch And The Hundred Knight a couple of years ago.

Shipped out a buggy game, only to tell us that there will be no patches for it, only to then push out the "upgraded" version for PS4 a year later.

But it IS Vanillaware. *sigh*

Decisions, decisions.

Shizuka

Where can I find a confirmation that the EU launch edition is both Vita and PS4 and the NA launch edition is just PS4?

*frowns*

I want this. Badly. But I refuse to give NISA any more of my money after the debacle that was The Witch And The Hundred Knight a couple of years ago.

Shipped out a buggy game, only to tell us that there will be no patches for it, only to then push out the "upgraded" version for PS4 a year later.

But it IS Vanillaware. *sigh*

Decisions, decisions.

Its not vanillaware

It does have one of the collaborating directors though

Saphirax

Where can I find a confirmation that the EU launch edition is both Vita and PS4 and the NA launch edition is just PS4?

There's a US blog post, but it's confusing. The picture shows both versions but the person who wrote the post said it was only for the ps4 :/.

B00TE

Awesome. This game looks really cool, still have the demo for the JP version on my PS4. I should finally try it.

Seda

Straight from Press Release:
The game will also be receiving some extra love in the form of a launch edition for PS4 in both North America and Europe, as well as a limited edition for PS4 and Vita at select retailers in North America and Europe.

The EU PS blog mentions it in the post directly. The NA Blog addresses it in the comments. Sounds like PS4 only for either region.

Shizuka

That's confusing.

- Launch edition is PS4-only in North America, but Vita and PS4 in Europe;

- Limited edition doesn't seem to be a NISA Store Exclusive, which isn't surprising, but;

- Grand edition isn't mentioned when people asked about other retailers carrying it.

AniHawk

That's confusing.

- Launch edition is PS4-only in North America, but Vita and PS4 in Europe;

- Limited edition doesn't seem to be a NISA Store Exclusive, which isn't surprising, but;

- Grand edition isn't mentioned when people asked about other retailers carrying it.

launch edition - ps4 only
limited edition - ps4 only at retail, vita and ps4 at nisa store
grand edition - vita and ps4 at nisa store

AniHawk

Oh, I see. I guess I'll have to order from NISA since I want the Vita LE.

they've been making some of their recent vita stuff available at retail (ar nosurge plus, atelier escha & logy plus, and stranger of sword city) so you might see it elsewhere.

Just normal edition as normal for me.

Nice release date though, not much else at that time of year normally so this should get some decent playtime!

mejin

Really nice.

So, Odin Sphere, Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator and now Grand Kingdom in June. I'm happy!

Where can I find reviews of the game, since it is already out in Japan apparently? I couldn't find anything worthwhile so far.

Shizuka

launch edition - ps4 only
limited edition - ps4 only at retail, vita and ps4 at nisa store
grand edition - vita and ps4 at nisa store

That doesn't exactly clarify if the Vita limited edition or the PS4 and Vita grand editions will be sold on VGP+ or other retailers.

AniHawk

That doesn't exactly clarify if the Vita limited edition or the PS4 and Vita grand editions will be sold on VGP+ or other retailers.

i would say no on the grand editions. mostly because it comes with extra stuff. retailers generally don't like extra stuff - they prefer it all in a box.

Shizuka

i would say no on the grand editions. mostly because it comes with extra stuff. retailers generally don't like extra stuff - they prefer it all in a box.

Oh, the extra pins, cloth map and poster are shipped separately outside the collector's box?

ys45

I just pre ordered the Grand edition .

Watched 5 minutes of this game on youtube and it look awesome plus it's from the director of Grand Knights History which we never got to play here .

I just pre ordered the Grand edition .

Watched 5 minutes of this game on youtube and it look awesome plus it's from the director of Grand Knights History which we never got to play here .

Yeah. Forever bummed that we will likely never see another Grand Knights History

But youtube vids are quickly selling me on Grand Kingdom.

I hope the character building is just as fun and addicting as GKH was

( I played GKH translated on a CFW PSP)

AniHawk

Oh, the extra pins, cloth map and poster are shipped separately outside the collector's box?

probably. considering the other stuff is at retailers, i assume those things are a pack-on. maybe they'll do like another episode though and just have an extra box with the other stuff inside.

Shizuka

probably. considering the other stuff is at retailers, i assume those things are a pack-on. maybe they'll do like another episode though and just have an extra box with the other stuff inside.

Do you think we'd know about it beforehand or just after it's shipped? I want to adjust between the limited and grand editions accordingly.

AniHawk

Do you think we'd know about it beforehand or just after it's shipped? I want to adjust between the limited and grand editions accordingly.

probably after it ships. the other thing to consider is that it looks pretty bad to just have a bunch of floating items, so i would be about 90% sure that it'll come in some sort of package or box alongside the limited edition box.

IzzyF3

Went for the GE. Saw a couple YouTube vids and thought it looks good. Always wanted to play Grand Knights History.

Shizuka

probably after it ships. the other thing to consider is that it looks pretty bad to just have a bunch of floating items, so i would be about 90% sure that it'll come in some sort of package or box alongside the limited edition box.

Got it, thanks!

Femto.

Here is the JP box art for those who want a comparison.

571461_front.jpg

Not a huge difference, thankfully. I do like the Japanese one a little more though.

johnsmith

remember me
The limited edition will be available at other retailers. I think that's the version I'll go with to get that Amazon prime discount.

+ Jordan Vincent on February 3rd, 2016 at 10:27 am said:
The limited edition will be available at retailers other than our online store.

RexNovis

Banned
I've never heard of this. Love the art though. What sort of game is this?

Edit: Ok so I looked into it and man the art is incredible! But the gameplay snippets are super confusing. It looks like a mix of a strategy RPG with some kind of board game system mechanic of some sort. Not really sure what I'm looking at here.

Top Bottom